Modesto, CA
Students enrolled: 2,020

Fred C. Beyer High School 1

Posted April 06, 2015
This school is the worst school any of my children have attended! Bullying is a huge problem, that the teachers look right over. When your child starts to need additional help in any of their classes the teachers do not offer any extra help. The classes are over crowded. Once the vice principals have decided that they do not like your student for any reason, in our case I was a active parent who wanted the best for my child, they did everything in their power to push her out of this school. After the first semester in this poor excuse of a school, I pulled my child out and put her into a different high school. Now she is excelling in all aspects including academics and athletics. DO NOT send your child here!!!!! If I could have rated this zero stars I would.

Posted June 02, 2010
Want to earn TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS CASH $200?!?!? Sell me your 2009-2010 Beyer High year book! It's okay if it has been signed or written in, so long as it's in good condition! Email diamondtiara AT rocketmail DOT com for CASH!

Posted July 24, 2008
As a former student of Beyer, I think this is one of the best high schools in Modesto. Trying to talk to a counsler is pretty hard and it is a bit crowed, but overall it was the best 4 years of my life. And I also felt really safe during school hours.

Fred C. Beyer High School 3

Posted March 24, 2008
As a former student, it's hard for me to criticize my high school, but I will. I graduated in 2004 after four long years. I loved the high school experience, don't get me wrong. What I hated was the lack of instruction. Teachers were there to get their pay checks, not ensure student success. Of course there were a few that did care about their students...Thanks Fredeking, Gunther, Clark...The administration would help only if it gave them a good image. The attendance women viewed students as scum, and to be honest I didn't take anything I learned there with me to college. I am graduating magna cum laude in May and by no means do I owe any gratitude to Beyer or their staff.
5 people found this helpful

Posted September 10, 2007
As a former student of Beyer, for all four years I went there, I had the best time of my life. From teachers, to students, to saftey, its nothing but great! I love Beyer and would really recommend it to anyone want the best time in high school...

Posted January 09, 2007
Here's a true story from an '06 graduate, now attending a UC in SoCal. There wasn't anything fancy about Beyer, but I suppose the academics were a lot better than other Modesto high schools, lots of AP courses to take. AP students tend to form a bond since most of them all take the same classes. However, a lot of students tend to cheat (at both CP and AP levels) which was pretty bad. Certain teachers would favor certain students (typically 'preps') over others, and it sickened me and fellow students, but nothing could be helped. As far as I know, it was tough to contact counselors usually in the beginning of the year due to new students/messed up schedules/hellish first month or towards the end of the year because of graduation. PS I knew James! Good times in Drama (awesome program).

Fred C. Beyer High School 2

Posted August 30, 2006
As a former student of Beyer I can say for a fact that this school was one of the worst I have ever been to... The only upside for me was the drama program. ~James

Posted May 22, 2006
Although extremely overcrowded, Beyer has great teachers and academics. Not to mention the extra curricular activities. I used to hate English, and now it's my favorite subject. Beyer is overall one of the best schools.

Fred C. Beyer High School 1

Posted April 15, 2006
Excellent school - my son did very well there. The administration is wise enough to bring the freshmen in slowly so they can adjust. Only deficiency is orchestra - better orchestra at Modesto High School. Beyer is a 'marching band school', not an orchestra school. Also, the school is presently overcrowded, but that will change when the new high school to the east opens in september 2006

Posted March 20, 2006
Good academics, but like most California schools too big and impersonal. Lot of available courses, good sports. Parents can be involved as much as they want

Fred C. Beyer High School
1717 Sylvan Avenue, Modesto, CA  95355
Last modified Fred C. Beyer High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fred C. Beyer High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top