Modesto, CA
Students enrolled: 1,752

Grace M. Davis High School 1

Posted October 05, 2014
Davis High was the worst school experience I ever had. This is coming from having attended a wide variety of schools ranging from British boarding schools to "hippie" Montessori types. Davis High's awful teaching staff, coupled with the allowed bullying of ANYONE not involved in sports makes this school one you should avoid.

Posted August 12, 2014
Davis is a wonderful school with supportive faculty, a motivated administration, and a diverse student body. Students are able to collaborate on and off site using their new devices (which is what they will be expected to do in college). The academies and programs offered are amazing-- students get hands on training in public safety or health related fields (while still completing rigorous college preparatory work). Davis is the only MCS school to perform at the Gallo Center (and kids from all over the community have roles, too). Additionally, since Davis is the smallest school, everyone knows one another.

Posted May 22, 2014
My son is junior at Davis and the experience has been a great one. Davis has gotten a bad reputation over the past several years and is frustrating to the students that attend Davis. I have heard it is called the ghetto school. Recently I was speaking to a parent from another school and when I asked her why they call it ghetto she stated because of how many minorities attend Davis; and she is a minority parent. I hope that is not why. We are not a visibly attractive school but we are filled with students, faculty, and parents that are passionate about what we do. I often receive e-mails, text messages, and phone calls from my sons teachers updating me on his progress or letting me know what he needs to work on and quite frankly that does not happen in High School very often and it is very much appreciated.

Posted January 24, 2014
The school would be a 5star back in my day.....since reentering the area, I have heard rumors of "hood" and "down hill" as current descriptors, yet no one sems to state what that's based on. With recent conversation w other parents with kids currently enrolled there and recent programs implemented and to be implemented in fall of '14, I see there is a greater collegiate inspiring presence vs the other schools programs and counsel. I hear one of the counselors at Davis takes kids to tour universities. That's impressive.

Posted August 06, 2013
Grace Davis High School - My daughter is a junior and has been attending this school now for three years. I think it measures up in a standards one would expect from a school. The staff, is very friendly, helpful and as my daughter would say, "awesome". They offer the Health Academy Program, which is beneficial because it provides college credits, and experience in the medical field. I am very happy with this school "Go Spartans"!

Posted March 11, 2013
I believe Davis suffers from a bad reputation. I have been a parent there and my 5 children have no trouble.The perception that the community has is all wrong, we have hard working students and teachers here. If you are a parent YOU ARE NOT going to get mug on campus like some tend to believe. I encourage you to take a visit and get involve!! I been a parent there for the past 10 years and I don't regret it!!

Posted December 13, 2012
I feel that the adminstration and counselors of Davis High School are very professional and caring people. I have been treated with respect and feel that my concerns over my daughter's education have been heard and attended to in a very timely manner. In particular, Mr. Ryan Reynolds addressed my concerns and spent quite a bit of time out of what I am sure is an extremely busy schedule. So thank you staff and adminstration of Grace Davis High School.

Grace M. Davis High School 1

Posted October 05, 2011
This school is full of hate and violence. No one gets along here. I am a Jr. at Davis and all 3 years have been bad for me.

Grace M. Davis High School 0

Posted February 11, 2010
I am going to have to agree with this parent. I too am a parent of a senior at Davis High and I have ran into the same situation that this parent is expressing. The staff is rude, belittling, and treats you more like a student than a parent. I have already voiced this to one staff member which I feel should have been done and should continue with all parents until they receive the message!! Hope your listening (reading) Davis High staff in the office.

Posted January 30, 2010
Although Grace Davis is not physically the most attractive school in MCS, it is still a good place to learn. It allows students to appreciate what they have, and to not take things for granted. It would be wonderful and maybe a bit more motivating for students if GDHS got a little more TLC. Other than that, I would highly recommend this school to parents.

Grace M. Davis High School
1200 West Rumble Road, Modesto, CA  95350
Last modified Grace M. Davis High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grace M. Davis High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top