Modesto, CA
Students enrolled: 1,833

Posted March 11, 2010

Posted March 01, 2009
Unlike the previous poster, I've always had great response from Johansen teachers when I've emailed them -- I usually get a response within an hour and always within the same day. However, I agree that teachers should all use SchoolCenter so parents and students can easily check their grades, and unfortunately only a few teachers use it.

Peter Johansen High School 0

Posted February 28, 2009
Johansen high school is horrible!! for the last three years I have been trying to contact teachers through their e-mails, and 'server not available' has always come up. I actually drop mail off at the school, and it takes 5 days for a teacher to get back to me!! Teenagers dom't always want to talk to their parents, so I was looking forward to The school center feature to keep me informed about assignments due. AWhat a joke!!! Not one of the teachers have entered anything in that space since october, and that was one teacher, on one day. It is ridiculos!

Posted February 27, 2009

Peter Johansen High School 0

Posted August 25, 2008
My daughter changed ever since she's been going to this school. Not in a good way but in a bad way. The staff there have no clue whatsoever on what is going on between students and their peers. This automatically shows how irresponsible it is. I certaintly do not recommend anyone to this school.

Peter Johansen High School 1

Posted June 13, 2008

Posted March 04, 2008

Peter Johansen High School 3

Posted September 10, 2007

Posted May 02, 2007
My daughter is a Sophomore this school year (06-07). I would have to say that she has shown tremendous growth since her Freshman year. The staff has contributed to her success in many ways. They have dedicated after school hours, one-on-one tutoring, participated in parent conferences, and are constantly encouraging success in her education. The academic programs are great and there are many extracurricular activities for student involvement. When parents become involved, the school becomes a better place as I have experienced at JHS. Go Vikings!

Posted May 02, 2006

Peter Johansen High School
641 Norseman Drive, Modesto, CA  95357
Last modified Peter Johansen High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peter Johansen High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top