Modesto, CA

Posted May 08, 2014
this school is amazing i am a formal student and as i went through 6th grade i had a very great experience and this year 7th grade i have amazing teachers the reason they dont give homework is because they expect to you to study and if your kids say they dont get homework they are lying cause they do give homework not frequently but sometimes .Most of the time, i also learned how to type from this school. so i bet recommend you to rate this school 5 stars .

Somerset Middle School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
I like the way the kids are able to interact with all grade levels instead of being isolated like many other middle schools. I don't care for the no lockers for sixth graders since hey have to share their desks. That's a lot of books to bring back and forth. Heavy to carry also.

Somerset Middle School 3

Posted February 21, 2014
Seems like an okay school, except its odd that my son rarely has homework. If he has so much time to finish his homework at school, doesn't that mean that there's less teaching happening. Also from the few encounters with office staff, their attitude just wreaks of rudeness. For standard visits or request they act like were being a nuisance and pestering them. Like an angry old women is how I would describe it.

Posted July 28, 2013
try to be more one on one with the students. so, yeah and be a little more like hart ransom charter

Somerset Middle School 2

Posted March 31, 2013
I feel that the teachers at Somerset do not go the extra mile for there students. They teach what they have to and send them on there way. There might be a few teachers but the majority does not. The assist principle is to busy trying to do a principles job. There isn't a strict enough policy for fighting.When going to pick up my daughter early on day I felt as if I was putting them out.

Somerset Middle School 3

Posted March 09, 2011
My son was a student at Somerset 2005, 2006 and 2008. If you ask him now he would tell you they were the worst years of his life. He was bullied all three years. I don't feel the faculty did enough to prevent it either. Even when they were told about problems and I also asked that my son be watched, especially during P.E. He was constantly tormented by bullies. Bullying is such a problem now that even the president of the United States will be discussing this important issue tomorrow. I am thankful that as kids grow older they mateur and realize that being cruel is no way to treat another human being.

Posted November 16, 2010
Somerset is a GREAT school! Excellent teachers and administration, it is a model school for others to follow. I was very impressed by the 8th grade staff- VERY professional. They helped my children in more ways than I can say. One history teacher in particular spent a lot of time making home visits, assisting my son with his agenda, and providing so much support. His science teacher was OUTSTANDING! She was an inspiration. Parent and board participation is amazing. GREAT principal- you can tell she cares about the children and staff. Thank you, Somerset!!!

Somerset Middle School

Posted March 07, 2010
Somerset is a great school as far as academics, test scores, and etc. They have really good teachers, although i feel that some of them are racist and treat you from streotypes, and i feel that a coulpe of the teachers put a limit on some students success, but overall i am about to graduate in this year of 2010, but i would give it 7.5, overall

Somerset Middle School 4

Posted July 02, 2008
I went to the school last year. The 8th grade teachers teaches more then school stuff. They teach life as the know it. You get a mild dose of life. The teachers make the best.... they try and help you. But you have to know what you want and sorry to say but your going to have to work your butt off to get good grades. Friends make it better. If you know how to get around then it should be easy. Oh yea 'Don't Eat The Tuna' -Mr. Borill If you reading this I hope you or your kids have a blast like I did. Try to make it the best. Best teachers ever: Mrs. Smyth and Mr Broill ^.^ -Class of '08 M. W.

Posted September 13, 2007

Somerset Middle School
1037 Floyd Avenue, Modesto, CA  95350
Last modified Somerset Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Somerset Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top