Modesto, CA

Standiford Elementary School 1

Posted August 05, 2014
I had the same experience as the previous parent about kindergarten class those teachers are horrible i pulled my son out and homeschooled him and this year i switched to Capistrano. My son would come home every day saying he was not as smart as the other kids it was just heartbreaking

Standiford Elementary School 1

Posted August 04, 2014
After being at this school for my daughter's first year of kindergarten I decided to pull her out and find another school and am thinking about homeschooling after our experience there. I am so sad and had high hopes for this school but my daughter came home tired and stressed and often didn't want to go back and asked when the weekend was. Ms. Titus was extremely strict and had a way of making you feel like your child was failing. They make it very clear that they aren't there to baby your child and they better come prepared to do things for themselves. Tons of work and emphasis on sight words as they are tested often if hand writing wasn't perfect there was red marks all over it and along with sentences and structure at 5 years old! Recess was taken away due to not finishing assignments in class which is way too young of an age to punish these kids! Principal was new and had a hard time returning phone calls. A few parents even bullied other parents!

Standiford Elementary School 0

Posted May 21, 2009
True, Standiford is a good school. Kindergarten teacher is great, especially Mrs. Rydquist. She's amazing teacher. Highly recommended. We will always remember her. (2003-2004 my daughter kindergarten school year at Standiford) We love you Mrs.K.Rydquist.

Posted February 05, 2009
I have a Kindergartner at this school. The teacher is outstanding, the parent involvement impressive, the PTSA encouraging and the monthly family activities well thought out and fun. The Principal is extremely kind and patient with the children and always has time for parents. If you are considering this neighborhood, I would encourage you to make the move - you won't find a better school anywhere in Modesto.

Standiford Elementary School 0

Posted September 04, 2008
I have been a parent of students at Standiford since 2001. I have seen many many changes to our school. Some good some bad. With that said. Our school is wonderful. We have a full time A T & G program. We have an AT&G pull out program, the school offers Student Councel, Band obtions for 4-5th graders. Our children still have Art and music every week. I am not too sure about our principle (Just not very parent approachable, but my kids love him).. So thats all I can ask for. We also have a PTSA program. Which is wonderful. I hope that we will continue to make many more wonderful memories at Standiford. I would recomment this school to anyone thinking about moving to our neighborhoods..

Posted November 01, 2007

Posted May 06, 2006
My daughter is just about to finish kindergarten and I just think this school and her teachers have started her out on the right foot. She has learned so much in such a short time; yet she doesn't feel overwhelmed. I really appreciate all of the work the kindergarten teachers have done with her. I couldn't have asked for a better school or a better teacher. I know first grade won't be so hard for her because kindergarten has taught her the building blocks of what first grade requires. She's reading, writing and counting without feeling discouraged. I am so happy with this school and the kindergarten teachers.

Standiford Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2005
Standiford has the academically talented and gifted program for Sylvan Unified school district, grades 3-5,overall excellent if in the AT and G program, good if in others, no nonsense, no gang issues unlike some other valley schools, good neighborhood, feeds into the best local middle school, somerset. I have 2 children there now

Posted August 21, 2005
I was so very impressed with this school having come in from the Ceres Unified District there is no comparison. Parent involvement was extraordinary, lots of science and math. I would have liked to have seen more Phys. Ed.however.

Posted August 11, 2005

Standiford Elementary School
605 Tokay Avenue, Modesto, CA  95350
Last modified Standiford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Standiford Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top