Posted April 14, 2014
Both my children attended Woodrow. I have seen this elementary go from bad to wow! The district has made some much needed changes in this school. The teachers are fantastic. The students are amazing. The staff (although one is missed dearly) are great. Parents, teachers and staff all truly care about the students. I attended Woodrow as a child myself. It's a fantastic feeling knowing my children are in the hands of this learning environment.

Posted February 11, 2010
Woodrow Elementary School is a wonderful place for children to get a good education. The teachers and staff genuinely care about the students. And Mrs. Briscoe, the Principal, is a well-needed breath of fresh air. The Parent-Teacher Club also works VERY hard at raising funds to help off-set school costs with events such as the annual carnival and the Book Fair.

Woodrow Elementary School 0

Posted November 20, 2008
I have two childreen that go to Woodrow. My oldest has been going since k grade. It was the best school then. Now my youngest is going and it has extremely changed for the worse. The teachers are great! The principal is the worst ever. Parents have stopped wanting to help. The principal takes every special activity away. She is pushing not only childreen out of there own school but teachers are leaving. It is very sad to see this wonderful school loose so many great childreen and parents because of a principal. This lady has caused enough problems.

Woodrow Elementary School 1

Posted May 04, 2006
Academic programs are excellent. Caliber of teachers is excellent. Music, sports, and other extracurricular activities are available and open to Parents and children. Level of parent involvement has varied over past 6-7 years that I have been a parent there. My second child is in the school still and my first child is about to graduate from middle school now. My first child started school there in 1st grade so it has been a while that I have had involvement with the school. My first son was involved with music and sports. Now my second son is involved with the arts. Current Principal new to the school but seems to be running things well. Previous principal one of the best in the entire state.

Woodrow Elementary School 4

Posted June 13, 2005
Woodrow Elementary is a good elementary school. I have 2 students that have gone through the school and one who was in K last year. The office staff is harsh this year, but the teachers are wonderful. The k program is very well organized and all the teachers are very good. I am pleased with the K-3 teachers. I am not familiar with the 4-5 program because they have had many changes over the years.

Woodrow Elementary School 4

Posted June 20, 2004

Posted February 23, 2004
My daughter has had the best experience with Woodrow Elementary. I have liked everyone of her teachers. She loves the school and loves her teachers. The principle is a wonderful role model for the children. He respects them and gives them the opportunity to voice their own opinions. The teachers have been caring and want the children to learn and do the best that they are able to do. I do not plan on leaving the area so that my daughter can get the best education possible at Woodrow. I had planned on putting her in private school, but Woodrow is much better than private. Great school and great faculty. Highly recommend this school to any parent.

Posted September 29, 2003

Woodrow Elementary School
800 Woodrow Avenue, Modesto, CA  95350
Last modified Woodrow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodrow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top