Posted November 14, 2011
Simply put, this school puts out students who are stewards of the community and influential members of their fields . Although small in size, it boasts resources that rival the largest high schools and competes at the highest levels both academically and athletically. Generous financial aid and a commitment to developing the character and moral compasses of tomorrows leaders make this a top choice if you are able to get accepted through its competitive application process.

Central Catholic High School 1

Posted August 12, 2011
The biggest issue I constantly experienced at CCHS was the near-complete lack of rigor in AP, and even Honors courses. Too often did kids without the proper prerequisites or desire to learn/work get into higher tiered courses. Classes were, sadly, a breeze, and as a result grade inflation is horribly rampant. The other huge issue is the administration. Those in charge were completely hush-hush about issues at the time. For example, for reasons unbeknownst us, an amazing teacher suddenly disappeared late in the second semester of 2010, and no one in charge would tell us why. Just this past year, another teacher also suddenly stopped coming to school. No explanations were offered. The teachers in general have good intentions, but so few of them feel effective. There were only a handful of teachers (out of 30 or so?) that were fair, didn't come to class as a total grouch, or truly cared about and wanted the students to succeed. Honestly, CCHS gave me an average education. I don't hate them, but for the insane amount my parents paid them? They expected a superb education for that much, and they didn't get it. If you really want "academic excellence," look into Mo High's IB program.

Posted September 09, 2009
Central Catholic High School offers a first rate education for students. Christian tenets guide faculty and students alike. The principal actively supervises teachers and gets to know the students. The vast majority of the teachers do a great job in motivating the students to excel. The sports programs for both boys and girls is excellent, and the parents volunteer on a regular basis. We felt our children received a good education in a safe environment. There are scholarships available to assist with tuition. The student body is ethnically, racially and religiously diverse. Central is a winning school!

Posted April 28, 2009
I am an alumni of Central Catholic High School. This school is excelent. The classes are challenging because it is a college pep school. We were in modified uniforms so there was no 'brand clothing' worn on campus. In my graduationg class 98% went on to 4 year colleges and 2 students intot he millitary acadamy. In saying that the teachers must be great if all students are getting into 4 year colleges straight out of high school. The teachers are passionet about the subjects they teach. Please if you want a small school learning environment with college prep classes go to Central Catholic High School.

Posted February 23, 2009

Central Catholic High School 0

Posted January 23, 2009
In short, we're disappointed in three huge areas...the lack of communication/support from administration, lack of academic rigor in AP courses, and lack of supervision/prevention of harrassment.

Central Catholic High School 3

Posted January 19, 2009
while central is a good school, it does have many problems. most classes are not like mine where you don't have to have name brand colthes or be rich to be well liked but as usual it helps. as a member of the class of '09, the academics are highly competetive. as for athletics, most people only care about football but we do have tons of extracurriculars and it's not hard to start your own club. Journalism is not very good and broadcast is ok. we do have pretty cool labs though, especially for physics. most teachers really do care but some are snobbish. favorites among teachers and students definitely exist. and the smartest students get the best teachers (so they care and know what they are talking about). it is a very tight community which has its benefits.

Central Catholic High School 1

Posted July 12, 2008

Posted February 22, 2008
As a senior at central I can honestly say that there is not another high school that I would rather have attended. It is an extremely welcoming environment in which everyone becomes like family. We support each other and times of trial we are there for each other. It is a community unlike most. Although there are many common misconceptions, clique, stuck up, rich, etc, but none of these are true and if you were to spend a day on campus you would be able to see the love, respect, and genuine care that everyone has for each other. I'm not saying that the school is perfect, or that there is no room for improvement but it is truly a special place that I am glad to be a part of.

Central Catholic High School 4

Posted July 23, 2007
Right now, I am now a Junior at Central and I absolutely love it there. It was my first private school and I did not want to go there originally. but after the first week, I did not want to leave! Some of the people at Central have become like family. The kids that go there and for the most part polite and friendly-- at times a little fake. Some of the teachers are great, others not so good. The sport program is fantastic. The classrooms are great sizes. The counselors could be a little better and more caring. Overall, it is a very safe and fun environment. I'd had to say that the worst part of CC is that time goes by really fast and I have to graduate in 2 years!

Central Catholic High School
200 South Carpenter Road, Modesto, CA  95351
Last modified Central Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Central Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top