No rating

Orangeburg Christian School

Private | PK-8

Living in Modesto

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $110,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted March 23, 2013

My daughter attends the preschool inside of Orangeburg Christian School. The student class size is small and personable where every teacher knows the students and the students are loved, nurtured and encouraged to play, read, and develop their cognitive, motor, and thinking skills. The teachers are career preschool teachers who love the child and are there for the children and not just to pass time and collect a pay check. My 2 1/2 year old daughter told one of her teachers ' I love you' before she told me 'I love you Mommy' It is such a comforting feeling for me to have someone there for my daughter whom my daughter loves and who loves and cares for my daughter almost as much as I do.

Posted June 16, 2011

This school is great. The staff are all very easy going and they took the time to truly get to know my son. They are always there to answer questions and seem to always be involving the parents. I am very happy we chose this school as my sons preschool. He has gained more confidence and learned so much since he started attending here a year ago.

Posted October 13, 2010

My children have both attended OCS since preschool and we all love it. My son is in his first year of high school and doing great with the foundation he gained at OCS. These teachers are truly dedicated and teaching for all the right reasons. The school has many resources available to help kids that need a little extra help and the teachers are always willing and able to spend extra time with students who need help. The average class size is 12 or less. My children feel loved and care for as individuals in this school.

Posted August 5, 2010

My daughter has been attending Orangeburg Christian for years, and my son just graduated. The school administration stonewalls any real questions about their standards or curriculum, and the teachers are nice enough, but unwilling or unable to help my daughter succeed academically. They tell me she is "slow in reading and writing", but have no plans for remediation. Her academic (cum) folder is a joke - no records, few assessments...what do they do here? Nepotism is rampant - the entire school is run by a few women and their relations. Other parents have withdrawn their children from this school and moved them for a better education.

Posted July 9, 2009

I'm an eighth grade student and Orangeburg is a good school for one on one teaching. This will be my second year attending. There was about twelve kids in our class last year. The teachers are great. The only thing that most of us don't like is that every Tuesday the girls have to wear a dress or skirt and the guys have to wear a collared shirt because it is Chapel day. Well, that'a it.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 2, 2009

My daughter has been attending since she was 3. Also my two younger siblings attend OCS. They now provide dance classes for preschool age and are working on classes for the older kids. There is also chior, art and Piano lessons available. There is chapel once a week, with music involvement. Basketball and Baseball are also available. The teachers are very involved and care individually for their students. (most classes are around a dozen kids) I love the family feel of the school. The staff are dedicated to their work.

Posted July 5, 2007

I have a Second-Grade level son who has been going there since preschool. My Mother is a teacher there as is my sister. I too taught there a few years ago. My two sisters and I are all alumni and very proud to be so! This school is an amazingly caring place to bring your children. I feel safe knowing that my son is well taken care by the staff and is getting an education any mother would be proud of. I would recommend this school to any and everyone who wants there children to be taught by the best in the best atmosphere.

Posted March 6, 2007

Wow....All 3 of my kids go here and everything is wonderful from ratios to teachers and staff and parents are so friendly..No judging..Would never want to go anywhere else

Posted December 10, 2006

OCS is a fantastic school. My daughter started in day care at the school and is now in 2nd grade. She is well ahead of the 2nd grade public school level. I feel very blessed to have her at OCS. The prinicipal, teachers and other staff are fantastic. I can't imagine her being anywhere else. I would like to see them have more activities such as; dance classes for example, but that isn't enough to get me to change schools.

Posted April 4, 2005

The quality of academic programs are great until 5th grade then they start to go down. The availabilty of music is low, they have two annual musical plays that all of the children from 1st-3rd grade perform in, and recorder class other than that there is no other music department. Their sports are limited to baseball and basketball there are no other extracurricluar activities. You must realize the this is a very small private school. On a positive note they are very understanding to financial issues (payments for schooling) and the level of parent involvement is up to the parents they are not restricted in any shape or form, they have a great daycare program from appx. 6:00am-6:00pm, and all summer long for busy parents. And it is in a loving and caring Christian environment.

Posted August 26, 2003

This school makes you feel so special. The children and parents never have anything bad to say. The teachers are the best and so patient and know each child. there is nothing they will not do for our families. I feel so blessed to have my children in this school

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

313 East Orangeburg Avenue