PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter attends the preschool inside of Orangeburg Christian School. The student class size is small and personable where every teacher knows the students and the students are loved, nurtured and encouraged to play, read, and develop their cognitive, motor, and thinking skills. The teachers are career preschool teachers who love the child and are there for the children and not just to pass time and collect a pay check. My 2 1/2 year old daughter told one of her teachers ' I love you' before she told me 'I love you Mommy' It is such a comforting feeling for me to have someone there for my daughter whom my daughter loves and who loves and cares for my daughter almost as much as I do.

This school is great. The staff are all very easy going and they took the time to truly get to know my son. They are always there to answer questions and seem to always be involving the parents. I am very happy we chose this school as my sons preschool. He has gained more confidence and learned so much since he started attending here a year ago.

My children have both attended OCS since preschool and we all love it. My son is in his first year of high school and doing great with the foundation he gained at OCS. These teachers are truly dedicated and teaching for all the right reasons. The school has many resources available to help kids that need a little extra help and the teachers are always willing and able to spend extra time with students who need help. The average class size is 12 or less. My children feel loved and care for as individuals in this school.

My daughter has been attending Orangeburg Christian for years, and my son just graduated. The school administration stonewalls any real questions about their standards or curriculum, and the teachers are nice enough, but unwilling or unable to help my daughter succeed academically. They tell me she is "slow in reading and writing", but have no plans for remediation. Her academic (cum) folder is a joke - no records, few assessments...what do they do here? Nepotism is rampant - the entire school is run by a few women and their relations. Other parents have withdrawn their children from this school and moved them for a better education.

I'm an eighth grade student and Orangeburg is a good school for one on one teaching. This will be my second year attending. There was about twelve kids in our class last year. The teachers are great. The only thing that most of us don't like is that every Tuesday the girls have to wear a dress or skirt and the guys have to wear a collared shirt because it is Chapel day. Well, that'a it.

My daughter has been attending since she was 3. Also my two younger siblings attend OCS. They now provide dance classes for preschool age and are working on classes for the older kids. There is also chior, art and Piano lessons available. There is chapel once a week, with music involvement. Basketball and Baseball are also available. The teachers are very involved and care individually for their students. (most classes are around a dozen kids) I love the family feel of the school. The staff are dedicated to their work.

I have a Second-Grade level son who has been going there since preschool. My Mother is a teacher there as is my sister. I too taught there a few years ago. My two sisters and I are all alumni and very proud to be so! This school is an amazingly caring place to bring your children. I feel safe knowing that my son is well taken care by the staff and is getting an education any mother would be proud of. I would recommend this school to any and everyone who wants there children to be taught by the best in the best atmosphere.

Wow....All 3 of my kids go here and everything is wonderful from ratios to teachers and staff and parents are so friendly..No judging..Would never want to go anywhere else

OCS is a fantastic school. My daughter started in day care at the school and is now in 2nd grade. She is well ahead of the 2nd grade public school level. I feel very blessed to have her at OCS. The prinicipal, teachers and other staff are fantastic. I can't imagine her being anywhere else. I would like to see them have more activities such as; dance classes for example, but that isn't enough to get me to change schools.

Last modified Orangeburg Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8