Posted May 21, 2014
As an 8 year veteran parent i have seen, and been through alot in this school. I will say this, with God on our side, a new principal, and Deacon this school is making a comeback. Now that we have survived the failed merger, and said our goodbyes to the negativity, we are ready to make this school a Catholic School of Excellence. The teachers are all great, and the principal listens to all parental concerns, and wishes for their school. With a strong PTO Board, and a huge parent volunteer-base this years Taste Around the World, and Monte Carlo Night was a great success. The Grizzly Games did good for being the first year. These three core fundraisers will be the "Big Three" for 2014-15 School Year. I love this school, the teachers, principal, and parents.

Posted May 21, 2014
Love this school! Principal is great! Mr mc mains is very involved. Teachers are credentialed and go on retreats to improve teaching techniques. Parent involvement is good-you may not know their name but everyone smiles and days hi. My kids love this school-they can't wait to go to see their friends everyday. My 4th grader just came back from a awesome Sacramento field trip where she panned for gold and went to the Capitol. Private school can be expensive but this school works with everyone. Mr mc mains truly believes that all children should have a catholic education regardless of your income level. School has diversity and is well rounded. They have PE, art, and music!

Immaculate Conception Catholic School 1

Posted July 01, 2013
I am not too sure why this school is promoting something they dont have. Although, this school claims to have offered certain programs they in fact did not. Our children know the truth and I suggest that any family looking for a good education try another school. Every other school offers so much more. The principal is fake and the obligations/ fundraisers are excessive. Ask the former parents of ICA why they are not returning. Poor leadership and so disappointed.

Immaculate Conception Catholic School 1

Posted June 22, 2013
ICA- Immaculate Conception Annunciation This school should CLOSE it's doors. With poor leadership of Principal this school get worse every year. This school does not offer what they say they do. Dishonesty is a tool that ICA uses on a daily basis. ICA is so desperate for higher enrollment. Be smart parents and take time to ask good questions. for example: How many full time teachers have you hireds for next year? How many families have left? ICA can improve by building a good strong faculty & staff that will actually stay and especially by hiring a principal that can fulfill their duties. I liked the way some parents worked together to hold a fundraiser or event that benefitted our children. Beware of ICA Silver-Tongues!

Posted March 28, 2013
I love ICA School! This school is small in enrollment but mighty in their efforts. The teachers and administration demonstrate Catholic Identity within the school. ICA offers many programs such as Spanish, Meet the Masters, Mathletics, Choir, Sacramental programs, and much more. The new pastor Fr. Matthew Munoz is a gift to this community. I am a proud parent of ICA School and I highly recommend this school to everyone who loves having their children in a faith based and spiritual environment.

Posted April 05, 2012
ICA Catholic School is a very good school for our children. The teachers, principal, priests and the entire staff are very helpful, they are always there to assist and lend a hand. Our three children are very happy. For parents like us, we have peace of mind that they are in good hands. Parents are very dedicated, we never had a problem everytime one of our children need a ride, someone always volunteer to be the driver. It's like a big family, we may never know all their names, but we are familiar with all of them. The school have some problems too, like any other school, but the good thing is everybody is willing to help and to make it work for the better for the sake of our children. This is our 6 years and we intend to continue until they finish. The school has been through a lot, but the past year was so great, thanks to all the hard working teachers, the hands-on priests and principal, who is also the zumba instructor for parents, soon-to-be spanish teacher as part of extra curricular actvities, aside from dancing, music etc. And next school year we will welcome the volunteers from Carmelite sisters to enhance the after school care activities, we cannot ask for more. thanks

Posted March 15, 2010
Ic has a very highly qualified and dedicated staff; and a principal who is not only present and accountable, but also one who is an accomplished educator with a doctorate, and a rich background in. Education and life experience such as is generally not found in elementary schools. From a public school teacher and school supporter.

Immaculate Conception Catholic School 4

Posted December 03, 2009
I have just read some of these reviews and I am in shock. The teachers and administration have worked tirelessly to bring about much needed change to the Immaculate Conception parish school. When hearing that this is the #8 principal in 14 years it says that change is certainly needed! I am very impressed by the Junior High changes. Parents asked for more academics and it seems that the older students are responding to the challenge. The younger students seem to be on task. There is talk of younger students as being unruly-- makes me wonder what the homelife of those students must be like. Over all there has been improvement. The concern I have is the parent gossip out in the parking lot. A few loud voices have discouraged, insulted and have acted in very unchristian like ways to tear down the efforts of those working to build up IC

Posted September 17, 2009
Great things are happening at Immaculate Conception! This is our second year having our children attend IC. Admittedly, last year had some challenges; but then again, all schools do. Most of last year's challenges have been met head-on and I do see a change for the better! This year, there are two new teachers in junior high school who have extensive high school experience; so they know what our children need to transition to high school. The principal has put together a Volunteer's Association of 25-30 professionals (retired teachers, business leaders, alumni, etc.) that will further enhance the learning of the students. I understand one goal of the administration is to have the Volunteer's Association enhance the extraciricular activities (academic and athletic) at IC. Some teachers are also taking professional enrichment courses, which again, enhances the teaching of the students. As the improvements continue, so will the the appreciation and success!!

Posted April 08, 2009
I have to say I have been VERY disappointed this year (2008/09) in our school.. There is NO organization, NO discipline, No structure.. Kids do whatever they want. It's messy, dirty and disorganized. Not enough parent participation. No extras like language, art, music, computer.. and if they do have any of those extra activities they do them so seldom. I'm sad because I had such high hopes for positive change with the new Principal. I will not be returning and am sad for those few good children who are being overlooked by so many undisciplined children and whose parents have no idea. '0' stars from me.. Sorry

Immaculate Conception Catholic School
726 S Shamrock Ave, Monrovia, CA  91016
Last modified Immaculate Conception Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Conception Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top