Posted June 29, 2014
I have two children at MHS. Overall, the teachers are excellent, and I find that the staff is very responsive and easy to work with when I have had issues/concerns that need to be addressed. The school does a phone blast every week so the families know up and coming events, deadlines etc and Schooloop sends me an update DAILY at 5:00 PM so I know if my children are missing assignments or if they have important tests coming up. I attended a parent evening/community evening and I was just blown away at the work the school is doing with social services, Monrovia Police Department, and other groups to make our town a great place to grow up in. A few years back there were some real tragedies with teens at MHS, and the school did some real soul searching and they have really worked hard to make the school a place where students feel safe and welcomed. Just as in any school, you DO need to be involved and on top of things. Working with the school as a team makes all the difference. For those students who do not have a good foundation, I recommend that ALL teachers work with a positive behavior support plan. ALL students, even the goofballs, need the best we can give them.

Monrovia High School 3

Posted May 21, 2014
New math teachers are great. Glad to see the reboot of AP Statistics. Some older teachers need to go, the ones that fail almost their entire classes. Very football centric school, and a clean place mostly free of issues. 1/2 the people are smart and aim toward college, another 1/4 are average and will work or go to college, and 1/4 we hope get football scholarships or just leave. A nice overall place though masa is mostly a sham(glorified field trip program)

Monrovia High School 2

Posted February 14, 2014
This school is average at best. As a parent I find some teachers want all students to learn and several do not. Many teachers lecture every lesson, everyday. My son finds several of his classes boring and tedious. The teachers that interact with him are the ones he loves best but that is only 2 out of 6. I expected more. There seems to be a lot of disorganization in the administrative office and the counseling office. It takes forever to speak to someone and get help for your child. Even when I do get through to someone no one does anything about the problems and they just get worse. There is a new principal and many new administrators in the district and it appears there is no vision or direction for the school. My son is often confused about who to go to and is sent to three different offices with no help. The school seems to have a negative vibe to it this year that was not there before. I am a newer parent and attend different meetings for my son and parent participation is poor. However, so is the communication to parents. I'm hoping a strong leader helps steer the school in the new common core or I'll probably have to move my son out.

Posted November 13, 2013
This is a public High School, grades 9-12, located in Monrovia California. The school offers a full range of academic classes along with afterschool programs, video production, interleague varsity and JV sports, performing arts, and ROP. They also offer an excellent honors Math and Science Academy Program.

Posted August 01, 2013
we started with MH last year, and we had a good year. No problems. and some of the Teachers were very encouraging to my daughter.

Posted April 26, 2010
My child is a part of the new Math and Science Academy at MHS. I have been extremely pleased with the quality of his education. The pre-AP and honors classes he has taken have been excellent. The guest speaker series for the Math and Science Academy has been excellent with speakers from JPL, industry, and academics sharing their scientific career paths. The band program is excellent. The school has been improving and it appears that it will continue to do so in the future.

Posted March 12, 2009

Monrovia High School 3

Posted January 28, 2009

Monrovia High School 0

Posted January 27, 2009
As a senior at Monrovia High, I have mixed feelings about my time here. Outside of AP classes, the regular classes at MHS are dumbed down to a level that fails to challenge gifted students. I find that teachers at our school are mixed, you will find some outstanding ones and some horrible teachers. Athletic facilities at our school are outdated, but they are currently undergoing construction with the passage of a new bond plan.

Posted January 23, 2009

Monrovia High School
845 West Colorado Boulevard, Monrovia, CA  91016
Last modified Monrovia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monrovia High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top