Monrovia, CA

Posted September 01, 2014
I go to Santa Fe Middle School and it's the best school I've ever been to. I love the teachers and the students. It's a great school to go to so I recommend that you have your child go to Santa Fe. Go Cougars!!

Posted April 30, 2013
My son will attend Santa Fe next year. I met with the Principal today to get a sense of the school since I want to be an involved parent. He took the time to meet with me, address my questions/concerns regarding Middle School and the transition and even introduced me to the school counselor. I was very impressed and I can't wait for my son to start at Santa Fe in the Fall!

Santa Fe Middle School 2

Posted April 23, 2013
My child attends this school and it is horrible. The kids are always rude, and unkind. The learning environment is not well due to the kids behaviors. I rather my son never go to this school. Staff is not all helpful as well.

Santa Fe Middle School 3

Posted January 23, 2011
My 6th grade grandson wanted to join the basketball team and he had to try out for it. He did not make it even though he played with a team last year with the recreation department at the YMCA. A child's self-esteem and confidence are affected when they are turned down based on their performance at this young age. They will be afraid to "try out" again for fear of rejection and embarassment. The school office said that if they let everyone that wanted to join they would have a team of 50 players. So what! That would be 50 more children, maybe ,staying out of trouble by keeping busy and building up their self-esteem and confidence. Parents, high school and college students can volunteer to assist the coach when there are that many on a team. The students who aren't as talented can train and practice to develop their skills. They do not all have to be on the starting team; just be a part of a team and wear the shirt. Why not let middle school children join a sports team at this young age and guide them towards a rewarding school experience?

Santa Fe Middle School

Posted November 24, 2008
I graduated from Santa Fe school back in the late 70's. Now I have my oldest daughter going here and I have a 10 year old in Monroe school who will follow her sister to Santa Fe. Recently my family went through a divorce, and the staff at Santa Fe has been very understanding in regards to my daughter now having two homes and her being on overload. Things now are settling down for us. Thank you Santa Fe staff for your kindness and patience!

Posted May 21, 2008
Santa Fe has always been touted as the bad school but the Principal and Asst have rised above and brought the school to a new level. The scores have gone up, the activities, field trips and sports have gotten better every year. Though some of the staff will not have ANY parent contact, some will go out of thier way. Most have a web site that is up to date with homework and assignments. I am very happy with the education my children have recieved at SF.

Posted October 03, 2007
i loved the school very much very fun energetic i was in the school orchestra sadly a very small one but the teacher there taught me disipline acceptance and most of all to enjoy my volin the english teacher ms.labau make me into a better english learner cough cough that that i wasnt good in the first place. The people and staff there is top notch wish i was in 8th grade again

Santa Fe Middle School 1

Posted April 11, 2006
Several of the teachers at this school do not seem to care about the students in general. Several of the teachers deal with the children in very belittling ways, Iwould say to anyone if you have an option do not chose this school. There is no follow though with counslers and teachers in reguards to helping the children, and complaints about teachers. Also it seems like there is no comunication between the two. This is the worst school I have ever delt with.

Posted January 27, 2006
Great school with a great staff. I graduated here in 1976 and both of my children have attended this school. They currently have a great band program. The principal, his staff and PTA are wonderful.

Posted January 25, 2006
I believe that this school is the best middle school you can find in the Monrovia School District. My sister and I have graduated from here, and we didn't want to leave this school because it was challenging, fun, and the atmosphere is, for the most part, energetic. My sister and I were also in the Santa Fe Cougars band. There we learned discipline, how to work with others to achieve a similar goal, and also how to have fun while acting appropriately in public. The band, as well as the sports field, is a great place to meet new friends and work together to do something great. Another thing that I like about this school is that there is always a surplus of parental involvement. There are so many parents who want to be a part of their child's school life who come together to make their child's experience all the better.

Santa Fe Middle School
148 West Duarte Road, Monrovia, CA  91016
Last modified Santa Fe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Santa Fe Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top