Wild Rose Elementary School 4

Posted April 22, 2014
All the teachers have been wonderful so far. My son is in 3rd grade and has been attending since Kinder. The teachers and office staff are very caring and involved. Their playground equipment is in good condition. A good PTA involvement, a Principal who is involved and caring. One of the best elementary schools in Monrovia!

Wild Rose Elementary School 1

Posted June 08, 2013
This is a very unfriendly school. You can walk in and not one smiling face is there to meet you. The office staff and principle are rather cold and too business like for me. The aids appear snobby and I will not send my kid back. Try another school, one that has a friendly, smiling, front office. The teachers are fair, but Special Ed is terrible. Taught my kid almost nothing.

Posted April 14, 2012
Wild rose is the best school in Monrovia. I think it is strange that other schools are ranked higher even though they are in program improvement. Wild Rose is not. It is a forward thinking school that presents itself with a private school atmosphere. The office manager knows everyone. The principal has innovative ideas- including foreign language instruction and current technology(iPod touch, MacBooks, Elmo's)and is a stable leader in the school. We love the teachers! If your child doesn't belong to this school you should request a transfer to attend!

Wild Rose Elementary School 3

Posted April 18, 2011
My daughter started WR in Kinder and is now in 1st grade. I would say that its not challenging enough for her. The school to me is crowded which I am sure most of the public schools are. She says she is bored. Also, I have helped the class before and I dont understand what the kids are learning if they are even learning. I don't have any other school to compare it to but I don't care for the school. Especially the afterschool program! Iwent to the orientatino and was excited to have her attend. But everytime I picked her up they were watching tv, had thier heads down on the tables or just sitting there. Not what the promoted at the orientation. Waste of money and not fun for kids.

Posted October 01, 2010
I am a parent of a 3rd grader at Wild Rose. I am shocked that the school is rated so low. Wild Rose teachers are wonderful. My daughters teachers go above and beyond for the students. I am zoned for another school in the district but because I had met the teachers at Wild Rose and went on campus, I decided to take my daughter there. The API scores are over 800 and the school is a great community to be a part of.

Posted April 14, 2010
Wild Rose is a great place to work -- our staff cares about each student and their family. Many of my former stdents have returned as parents of my current students.

Wild Rose Elementary School 2

Posted April 01, 2010
Its ok. Not a big fan of the school, they really arent family involved compared to other schools in the district. We will not be coming back next year!

Wild Rose Elementary School 0

Posted August 29, 2009
Wonderful school, my son loves it so much...

Posted March 31, 2009
Wild Rose is excellent! Caring, patient teachers that still take the time to give individual attention to each student, an awesome principal that has the kid's best interests at heart, a clean, well-run, safe and fun environment - what more could you ask for?

Posted June 26, 2008
My 5 year old, just finished k. And he had a wonderful teacher who spoke perfect english. The stanards are high for k. But that good to know that teachers are connecting with students. My son learned to do math, spelling and writing complete sentences. He is ready for first grade, and i hope to have the same experience i had this year.

Wild Rose Elementary School
232 Jasmine Avenue, Monrovia, CA  91016
Last modified Wild Rose Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wild Rose Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top