No rating

First Lutheran School

Private | PK-8

Living in Monrovia

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $404,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,490.

Posted February 20, 2010

I am so pleased right now of our two children attending FLS. We love all of the teachers they are so caring, understanding and involved. It is an excellent on teaching morals, acedemics and sports. Our children love going to school. They love learning and growing strong relationships with the children, teachers, and even the parents. Wonderful well rounded education.

Posted October 4, 2009

Great one on one care. They really understand each students need. My husband and I are very pleased with the principle and all the teachers. It is a very good school.

Posted September 27, 2009

FLSM has been a great school in the past, it is even better now, a warm caring staff that is always available, kids that are really great and knowing themmakes your life richer. You see how the principle gives so much of herself to give each child, that they are eager to learn and get a high quality education. They get morals and values, which parents want reinforced, which does not happen at public school. It a really great school.

Posted September 14, 2009

Who ever posted that comment Aug. 16, 2009 We disagree. That principal is a blessing to the school and our lives. Mommy and Daddy have nothing to do with it. The principal has given so much time and unselfish dedication to the shcool. We need more just like her. First Lutheran is still one of the best school in Monrovia

Posted September 22, 2008

First Lutheran is an excellent school. Smaller class sizes allow our kids to get individual attention and excel. They teach good moral character and teach our children how to be leaders in the futer

Posted May 4, 2008

First Lutheran Monrovia is a great school. Our three children attended the school and received an excellent education. The teachers and staff provide a Christian environment teaching christian princples a values. The facilities provide a wonderful atmosphere. First Lutheran School is an excellent school.

Posted April 9, 2008

My children attended FLS for many years. It was a good school. The principal took a job in another state and the school board never hired another principal only a 'director'. The director was not a teacher and had no experience in teaching. The enrollment has gone down every year. All of the classes are combination classes except kindergarten and they have only 4 students. The school is having money problems and to help with this they bring Korean students (20-30) over for 1 or 2 months to get money. The kids are great but it is disruptive to have and influx of students that speak only some English. My children now go to other schools and I now know that I should have made the move years ago. I do not know how long a school can go on with so few students.

Posted December 18, 2006

First Lutheran School, Monrovia is one of the best private & Christian School in this neighborhood. We are blessed to send our children at an affordable tuition. The campus & facilities are great for the kids! The children are getting good academic and spiritual education. All staff are dedicated to bring out the best from each children individually.

Posted September 20, 2006

My son who is now in 1st grade has been attending since pre-school. School has improved greatly in the last year due to new Principal and staff at school. There is now great tutoring programs being offered during extended day care hours to help your child with his/her homework and more activities are planned for the school year. I plan to enroll my daughter in the pre-school next year.

Posted May 18, 2006

This school has provided my children an excellent education for the past five years. Teachers are caring and have allowed them to excell at their own pace. They have taught my children excellent Christian values.

Posted May 18, 2006

I chose the school for my child because she is receiving a total education. The academic program is strong. My child is able to excell in math with individualized curriculum. They have an after school sports program, computer lab, music, art. I also like the Christian education aspect of the school. I know my child is learning great values. My daughter comes homing knowing she is loved and God's child. Her teacher takes extra time in the classroom and does a lot of on-hands learning. The administration is professional and accessable, unlike another school my daughter attended. For our family, First Lutheran has been a great experience.

Posted April 20, 2006

First Lutheran provides a loving, caring, and safe school that provides an education beyond academics. They teach to the whole child.

Posted March 8, 2006

I pulled my daughter out of here after attending less than two years here. The problem was the kids, not the curriculum. There were too many problem kids and the school/staff rarely did anything about it. This was not a safe place for 'nice' kids.

Posted June 14, 2005

The quality of the academic programs is very high and is probably about 1 year more advanced than most public schools. There is some soccer, basketball, piano, and art instruction available. The parental involvement required is not high and not really encouraged and I did not care for the lack of unnecessarily boring chapels, which are required of all students. Overall, this school rates about a B average.

Ethnicity This school
Hispanic 29%
White 29%
Black 21%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Other lutheran

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1323 S Magnolia Ave