Posted March 08, 2014
My child has been at the red school with Mrs. Lopez for almost four years now. She is an outstanding director and teacher. My child has grown into a wonderful global citizen. The red school has my highest recommendation.

Posted February 04, 2014
This school (Red School in Claremont) is wonderful! My son attended a few years back and my daughter currently attends. The teachers/staff are very friendly and helpful. If a child is experiencing an issue or challenge, the teachers are great at making adjustments to fit the needs of the child. The physical environment is also fantastic. The classrooms are spacious which make for a great working environment and the playground is on a huge, wide open lot. I recommend any parent on taking a tour of this school, you will not be disappointed. Ask for Mrs. Lopez, she is always willing to give any perspective parent a tour!

Posted May 05, 2013
We love this place (the Yellow school), and more to the point, so does our child. The staff are attentive, kind and obviously care deeply about the kids. We're particularly fond of the director (who also has a class), and as my husband said as soon as we walked out of the door after our tour ''she could teach a class in a forest with no other materials, and the kids would still have a well rounded education''. We still feel that way. Any problems/concerns we've had have been dealt with quickly and appropriately, and we just couldn't be happier. If you have the opportunity to visit here on your preschool search, you must.

Posted December 07, 2012
We love the school's owner/operator and are so thankful for the opportunity tto send both of our kids to the Int'l Montessori School. We feel our kids received a well-rounded, child centered and nurturing preschool education. If you're looking for a certified Montessori program with a caring staff, this is the school for you! We can't say enough positive things about our kids' experience.

Posted December 01, 2012
Our daughter is in her third and final year of attendance at "IMP" before moving on to Kindergarten at a local public elementary, and I feel like an old-hand now. It seems like only yesterday that my little two year-old was one of the new kids, all of the older kids looked like giants, and I didn't even know where to find the cubbies. Now, my daugter is one of the tallest kids in the school, and both she and I could give new parents very accurate tours of the school. What is remarkable to me looking back on these two-and-a-half years is not simply how much my own kid has changed but also have alive and dynamic IMP itself has been. For example, some staff have come and gone, along with two generations of beautiful children and their folks, and Miss Haines replaced Mrs. Lopez in one of the main classrooms. But what has remained the same is that Mrs. Alma Lopez is at the helm, keeping track of every minute of 40 to 50 little lives every day, tirelessly communicating honestly with parents, and creating a culture in which staff are expected and supported to do the same. I wish my kid could stay at IMP for 12 more years. At the very least, she always will have three.

Posted September 06, 2012
I feel blessed to have gotten into International Montessori after sitting on the school's wait list this summer. Miss Haines is an incredibly smart and loving teacher who somehow knows how to communicate with thirty-something year-old parents just as well as she communicates with three year-olds. And it was such a pleasure this first week watching older "friends" (what Montessori children call each other) politely sitting in circle, playing with learning activities, running in the backyard and washing their plates after lunch. I feel very secure and hopeful here.

Posted January 05, 2012
Our daughter is in her second year at the Claremont campus (on Arrow), and she, my wife and I are completely satisfied. The director of that location, Mrs. Lopez, is an excellent teacher and administrator, who loves each child completely, communicates fully with parents and actively manages her staff by promoting stars (like Ms. Williams and Ms. Ordonez) and firing scofflaws. Fellow parents also form an excellent community also, both inside and outside of class. And there are great optional enrichment activities, ranging from karate to keyboard. Some cost money; others, like the "petting zoo" visiting school tomorrow, are free. This school has lots going for it, but so do a lot of schools, so start with the thing that counts the most: a director and teachers who you trust completely to love your child when you're not there. You'll find that here.

Posted June 24, 2011
Oh my goodness! The first day we went to check out the school after seeing 5 other schools, my son said, "Mommy, this is the place I want to go", and I was already getting the paperwork :) So blessed to have found Wendy Mitchell and this amazing school! We have 3 kids, pre, 1st and 3rd. Our oldest started at 4 ys old, 5 yrs ago. We love the teachers, the school, the children and the other parents. Your children grow with the teachers, and with their friends and peers. All the teachers know all the students. It is very family like. You know the teachers care about your kids :) As for the elementary, I am so glad to have stayed here. The classes are small and the children have so much to explore. Every time i come into a classroom, there is always a child sitting in the comfy reading area, kids in another area doing research together, studying the microscope, gardening, etc... Another wonderful thing is the inclusion of extra-curricular activities during school. (No after school driving to another location) My kids are in art, music, piano, yoga and karate. I only pay extra for piano. It is incredible :) Extremely happy here :) Oh yes, and it is the Friendship School :)

Posted May 11, 2011
My children attended the Claremont Campus. We were so grateful for the staff and especially the Director. She is so kind and helpful. We love her! We love that are girls went to a friendship school. The academic and social skills taught here will carry them through life.

Posted February 28, 2011
Our daughter has been at the Montclair campus for over 3 years now, starting in the 2's classroom before moving to a Primary classroom. What an amazing experience it has been for her and our family! Our daughter has been able to follow her interests, (which usually includes whatever her older sibling is learning!) in a developmentally appropriate way and all the while absorbing all sorts of other lessons from the social (she often talks about what makes them a "friendship school") to the academic (love how sorting and color combining tasks are also strengthening their grip for writing). We love the Montessori model with the grouping of 3-5 year olds into a multi-age classroom that they stay in for 3 years. It has been an amazing experience watching her grow from one of the "young kids" who used to look up to the older kids that would help her with her jobs to one of those confident older kids that model good behavior for the younger kids and feel such joy in helping one of them out. All the teachers are excellent, excellent, excellent and the community is full of thoughtful families that value education in a way that takes into account what is best for the whole child.

International Montessori Schools - Elementary and Middle School
9185 Monte Vista Avenue, Montclair, CA  91763
Last modified International Montessori Schools - Elementary and Middle School is a Private school that serves grades 1-8
International Montessori Schools - Elementary and Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.