Bad
Good

Warm environment. Met some best friends for life here when I was a kid. Probably the best elementary school in the area. I had to re-learn most of my basic education when I transfered during the fourth grade and they caught me up to speed in one semester and by sixth grade I was ahead of my class. By seventh grade I was reading two grades above and the cycle continued for years to come. The teachers are nice and staff is supportive. This school and one of its amazing English teachers did what no one else could - make me love reading and writing. Until sixth grade, I'd never read a single book - none assigned for class or any for fun at home that weren't read allowed to me and forced down my throat by my family. My original elementary school and my parents even thought I was slow or had a learning disability because reading, writing, and math were so difficult for me. They put me in special education programs but all I had to do was switch to THIS school and all that changed. Now, I'm a college student and the author of several novels. THIS is the school you want to send your kids to.

My son has gone to school here since kindergarten and I have been happy until this school year. The adjustment from the Star test to the Common Core has been a factor as well as the unprofessional and rushed teachers. The communication was not what it was with previous teachers this year even after several attempts on my part requesting that I wanted to know anything that is going on at school so that I can correct it at home in a timely manner. I am hoping next year will be better.

I love this school. My daughter loves this school. The PTO is very involved, they help provide the extras that the school needs like school buses for field trips and snow day for students with perfect attendance. They offer an after school program, in which student receive help with homework as well as educational projects. My daughter is thriving. They are very focused on education at this school.

Our experience at Monte Vista has been uniformly positive. My daughter is thriving. She loves her teacher, she loves her school, she loves her friends, she loves homework and she loves learning. Her teacher is caring, and challenges her to do her best work. The classroom is well organized, and each child participates. The new principal, Mrs. Manuto, genuinely cares about each child and gives her all every day - we see her first thing in the morning helping get kids safely through the drop-off lanes, and late at every school function. Big thumbs up to Monte Vista Elementary!

My son is in 1st grade and it our first year at the school. I love the fact that the teacher communicates with me regularly and the administration is welcoming and responsive to my concerns. I like that the school has a 'Pride Celebration' to encourage the students to continue to do their best. And the aftr school program has proven to be educational and fun.

All in all for a public school. This school promotes Student responsibility of ones self. Very strict guidelines that are enforced to the tea. If it is in the student/parent handbook; rule will be implemented and enforced to the fullest. (Military like) Excellent to shape your children to live by the rules, period no if's, and's or but's at all!

Last modified Monte Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.