Bad
Good

Posted April 03, 2016
Warm environment. Met some best friends for life here when I was a kid. Probably the best elementary school in the area. I had to re-learn most of my basic education when I transfered during the fourth grade and they caught me up to speed in one semester and by sixth grade I was ahead of my class. By seventh grade I was reading two grades above and the cycle continued for years to come. The teachers are nice and staff is supportive. This school and one of its amazing English teachers did what no one else could - make me love reading and writing. Until sixth grade, I'd never read a single book - none assigned for class or any for fun at home that weren't read allowed to me and forced down my throat by my family. My original elementary school and my parents even thought I was slow or had a learning disability because reading, writing, and math were so difficult for me. They put me in special education programs but all I had to do was switch to THIS school and all that changed. Now, I'm a college student and the author of several novels. THIS is the school you want to send your kids to.

Posted May 13, 2015
My son has gone to school here since kindergarten and I have been happy until this school year. The adjustment from the Star test to the Common Core has been a factor as well as the unprofessional and rushed teachers. The communication was not what it was with previous teachers this year even after several attempts on my part requesting that I wanted to know anything that is going on at school so that I can correct it at home in a timely manner. I am hoping next year will be better.

Posted January 25, 2013
I love this school. My daughter loves this school. The PTO is very involved, they help provide the extras that the school needs like school buses for field trips and snow day for students with perfect attendance. They offer an after school program, in which student receive help with homework as well as educational projects. My daughter is thriving. They are very focused on education at this school.

Posted May 21, 2012
Our experience at Monte Vista has been uniformly positive. My daughter is thriving. She loves her teacher, she loves her school, she loves her friends, she loves homework and she loves learning. Her teacher is caring, and challenges her to do her best work. The classroom is well organized, and each child participates. The new principal, Mrs. Manuto, genuinely cares about each child and gives her all every day - we see her first thing in the morning helping get kids safely through the drop-off lanes, and late at every school function. Big thumbs up to Monte Vista Elementary!

Monte Vista Elementary School 4

Posted January 24, 2008
My son is in 1st grade and it our first year at the school. I love the fact that the teacher communicates with me regularly and the administration is welcoming and responsive to my concerns. I like that the school has a 'Pride Celebration' to encourage the students to continue to do their best. And the aftr school program has proven to be educational and fun.

Posted August 29, 2007
All in all for a public school. This school promotes Student responsibility of ones self. Very strict guidelines that are enforced to the tea. If it is in the student/parent handbook; rule will be implemented and enforced to the fullest. (Military like) Excellent to shape your children to live by the rules, period no if's, and's or but's at all!

Posted November 23, 2004
School needs more parent help. School needs to open up at correct time.

Monte Vista Elementary School 2

Posted August 17, 2004
Monte Vista used to be a warm and caring environment for students and teachers. A new administration has certainly changed that atmosphere to less than warm! It is very difficult to feel a part of my child's education with the coldness that I confront each and everytime I visit my child's school! Teachers seem stressed, rushed and unhappy. The negative impact on this school can only be a result of the administration change a couple of years ago. Hopefully, there will be another change soon and we can get our warm and loving Monte Vista back!

Monte Vista Elementary School 2

Posted October 02, 2003
About all this school does have and seems to do well is baby-sitting for parents who leave their children at school from 7am to 7pm. The new year (2003) has been switched to one track but still year round thus increasing class size from 20 last year to 35 this year. The curriculum is now strictly geared at teaching students what will be on the star test and how to improve those scores. I believe that there should be more individual time given to students less time trying to artificially inflate the star test scores.

Monte Vista Elementary School 4

Posted June 18, 2003
School has a wonderfull afterschool program for all kids. Lots of different activities are offered in the after school program.

Monte Vista Elementary School
4900 Orchard Avenue, Montclair, CA  91763-3298
Last modified Monte Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.