Posted November 29, 2014
Olmm is a horrible school & I do not recommend taking your children here. the pricipal is the worst and does not like kids . she makes you feel like ou cannot accomplish anything . she makes kids cry and feel like they are bad kids & worthless . I transferred from this school because the teachers are horrible and do not reach you anything .

Posted August 05, 2014
Two of my children attend OLMM and my eldest just graduated. I have been very pleased with the teachers all of my children have had. The teachers work hard and clearly care for our children. My children are well adjusted here and look forward to coming to school. Absolutely, all schools will have their deficits, and OLMM is no exception. However, the Catholic education, positive environment their teachers and friends provide for them and academia are the positive outcomes of the school. The school offers a variety of family-friendly activities, continue to incorporate technology into their curriculum and multicultural activities to help promote a responsive pedagogy. I am concerned about the high turnover of teachers, however. Whether that is due to professional advancement or internal affairs is to be questioned and if it is the latter, perhaps something needs to change. A great school is lead by a great leader. A great leader "leads from the back" not from the "front"-Nelson Mandela. I pray that my children continue to make academic, personal and spiritual growth.

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal School 2

Posted June 19, 2014
Overcrowded school. Might as well go to a public school. My child receives no one on one attention.

Posted June 05, 2014
Not a very good school, parents and teachers are great BUT the principle is the problem she exhibits poor communication skills, unable to take suggestions from parents or staff, can be very offensive/aggressive toward parents. She also seems to show very little interest in the students. The parish has been approached several times as to the concerns regarding the principle has fallen on deaf ears. PLEASE consider other schools in the area your money is going to waste sending your children to this school.

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal School 5

Posted May 22, 2014
OLMM is a great school. Students excel academically while being taught our Catholic faith. The teachers are experienced and open to all learning styles. Graduates attend competitive Catholic high schools around Southern California. Our children have made friends for a life time at OLMM.

Posted November 04, 2013
My child is currently attending OLMM. I am very happy with this school. I attending st. Benedict's and wanted a different experience for my child. OLMMs principal sets a caring and religious tone to her school. I enjoy family day with gourmet food trucks visiting the school, weekend pumpkin patch, saints day, international day (where every grade represents a different country) and many extra school events. This school does require parent involvement which is great. There Are parent meetings to have your voice heard if you do have any concerns. I love this school and I'm very pleased with my child developing into a well-rounded student.

Posted September 21, 2013
I have two children. One has graduated from OLMM and the other is still attending the school. I have had no problems with the school. I was concerned about how my older child (straight A student) would do in high school, but so far he is doing great. He is attending a very good public school in a nearby community which is known to be strong academically. My younger child is doing just as well. I believe some parents would just like to look at the school as being defective rather than believing it may be a problem with the child. I have a teacher in the family (in a public school) and hear this is sometimes the case. As far as staff is concerned, I feel "you reap what you sow". If you treat people with respect you usually receive it back. I have not had any bullying problems but that would be a deal breaker for me. I think it is funny when you read one review that says the school is not strong academically and another says their child gets too much homework. I am sure there are better schools and I am sure there are worse, but I think your child can receive a great education at OLMM if you are involved and supportive, which is after all the job of being a parent.

Posted September 13, 2013
Academically, below average. Does not offer advance math and science classes. No parent association and rampant favoritism.

Posted September 03, 2013
Im a former student of this school. THIS SCHOOL IS AWFUL!!! I was bullied unmercilessly and even after repeated reports to the principal she did nothing to help me with the the problem. At this school i was in accelerated algebra and accelerated english. Upon entering high school i realized i was not at all ready for the curriculum, this school did not throughly prepare me for high school. Not to mention the drama the principal has gotten into and hiring her friends who are incompetent. If you are thinking of sending your kid here PLEASE! Reconsider a more helpful and family oriented school that is not in it for the money.

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal School 2

Posted April 13, 2013
I went to school here and thought about taking my son here because all my family went here. I was welcomed very nicely with the office staff who I remember when I attended. I thought perfect. This is for my son too. He'll walk the same footsteps like myself down the halls. Very exciting moment. But then I saw the principal who used to be my math teacher. Who put me down as if I couldn't accomplish anything. At our beach trip she yelled at one of the other teachers with obscene language in front of everyone. Now that I'm older I found that very immature. You can't like everyone at a school but I saw other parents regretting taking their child there but didn't want to take them out because they already made their friends. I go to their carnivals and other festivities to support my parish and it just doesn't seem the same. It seems like every parent there is unhappy and miserable. When I remember it, parents had fun and looked forward to it. I still hear stories of how much fun they USED TO have. I do not recommend this school. Unless you like to brown nose and maybe take the teachers treats and gifts to get on their good side. by all means. do it.

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal School
840 North Garfield Avenue, Montebello, CA  90640
Last modified Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top