Montebello, CA

Posted September 30, 2015
Today, unfortunately, I rate the school "terrible". The only cause of this is, once again, the Principal of the school. Today, my dtr came home to tell me that she and others, were told they can be "kicked out of school" for not turning in an assignment. Really Ms. Moreno? Really? You don't "kick out" students that are bullies, nor students that are disrespectful and disruptive in class nor students that simply do not know how to control their behavior. Yet your willing to "kick out" students for ONE incomplete assignment. The one that should be kicked out is you.

Posted February 19, 2015
As a tuition paying parent, my only grievance is with the Principal. It is time for her dismissal. Ms. Moreno lacks people skills, lacks leadership skills and is not a role model for the students. She is moody and is not intelligent enough to deal with and professionally handle day to day situations. Father John needs to be involved and remove this principal. The Daughters of Charity need to be more involved and remove this principal. The Archdiocese needs to be involved and remove this principal.

Posted January 08, 2015
I have been satisfied with the instruction and the teachers at the school. Older students are encouraged to interact with younger ones, which fosters a family environment. There have been some changes with the office staff, and I now I really feel welcomed when I visit. As with every school, there are areas that can be improved. But most importantly, I feel my children are safe and well-cared by teachers & staff.

Posted November 29, 2014
Olmm is a horrible school & I do not recommend taking your children here. the pricipal is the worst and does not like kids . she makes you feel like ou cannot accomplish anything . she makes kids cry and feel like they are bad kids & worthless . I transferred from this school because the teachers are horrible and do not reach you anything .

Posted August 05, 2014
Two of my children attend OLMM and my eldest just graduated. I have been very pleased with the teachers all of my children have had. The teachers work hard and clearly care for our children. My children are well adjusted here and look forward to coming to school. Absolutely, all schools will have their deficits, and OLMM is no exception. However, the Catholic education, positive environment their teachers and friends provide for them and academia are the positive outcomes of the school. The school offers a variety of family-friendly activities, continue to incorporate technology into their curriculum and multicultural activities to help promote a responsive pedagogy. I am concerned about the high turnover of teachers, however. Whether that is due to professional advancement or internal affairs is to be questioned and if it is the latter, perhaps something needs to change. A great school is lead by a great leader. A great leader "leads from the back" not from the "front"-Nelson Mandela. I pray that my children continue to make academic, personal and spiritual growth.

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal School 2

Posted June 19, 2014
Overcrowded school. Might as well go to a public school. My child receives no one on one attention.

Posted June 05, 2014
Not a very good school, parents and teachers are great BUT the principle is the problem she exhibits poor communication skills, unable to take suggestions from parents or staff, can be very offensive/aggressive toward parents. She also seems to show very little interest in the students. The parish has been approached several times as to the concerns regarding the principle has fallen on deaf ears. PLEASE consider other schools in the area your money is going to waste sending your children to this school.

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal School 5

Posted May 22, 2014
OLMM is a great school. Students excel academically while being taught our Catholic faith. The teachers are experienced and open to all learning styles. Graduates attend competitive Catholic high schools around Southern California. Our children have made friends for a life time at OLMM.

Posted April 14, 2014
I have three children attending this school. The teacher's are awesome and care about the children. Recently, a lot of teachers/staff have left the school (and more will leave doon) because of the principal. The principal needs to lead by example and practice having self respect, she is what you call a true hypocrite. The Principal's younger daughter attends the school and it is obvious that she favorites her daughter's class. This school has been going downhill.

Posted November 04, 2013
My child is currently attending OLMM. I am very happy with this school. I attending st. Benedict's and wanted a different experience for my child. OLMMs principal sets a caring and religious tone to her school. I enjoy family day with gourmet food trucks visiting the school, weekend pumpkin patch, saints day, international day (where every grade represents a different country) and many extra school events. This school does require parent involvement which is great. There Are parent meetings to have your voice heard if you do have any concerns. I love this school and I'm very pleased with my child developing into a well-rounded student.

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal School
840 North Garfield Avenue, Montebello, CA  90640
Last modified Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top