Brightwood Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My teachers are just good. No fair, especially in the upper grades, but they get the materials in our brains.

Posted October 18, 2013
The school is unbelievable, teacher are extremely involved in the students. The faculties is also unbelievable, I was almost about to move the area but I don't think I will find a school like this anywhere else. My daughter is in second grade and she love this school.

Posted October 09, 2013
The faculty, staff and parents at Brightwood are all fantastic. High level of parental involvement and everyone's goal is provide the students with a safe and pleasant environment in which to learn and strive for academic excellence while having fun. We are very fortunate to be at this school.

Brightwood Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2013
I personally think the school can use a little reform in the area of testing and the emphasis by teachers on STAR testing in general. I'm of the philosophy that parent involvement in their children's education is critical. I don't mind checking homework, but Brightwood takes this concept too far and gives children homework during vacations and holidays, if not homework then reading assignments, and if not reading assignments then projects. Or better yet, all of the above!! I'm not a parent who will stand by and allow my kids to suffer in silence. So enough is enough... find a way to teach effectively without drowning the students in schoolwork because... (guess what?) quantity is NOT quality!! If this school can improve it's academics without leaving emotional or stress scars on a child, then the rave reviews are well deserved.

Posted August 01, 2013
My son just finished 8th grade and attended since K. Excellent school with academics at the top of the list.

Posted January 20, 2012
As an alum of this school, all I can say is that this school really helps prepare you for challenging intellectual rigor later on in life. My teachers had a lot to do with this, and although they are no longer there (it has been a while since I attended) I am confident it is just as rigorous as when I was there. I attended other public schools before and after Brightwood and never did I feel as challenged as I did here. And that challenge only served to fuel my desire to thrive. I feel as though I received a private school education (better than most private schools I've seen) at a public school price.

Posted June 06, 2011
I am a parent of a 1st, 2nd and 8th grader, Im really happy with the school, teachers and principal. Excellent school with caring teachers and staff

Brightwood Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2010
I'm going to take my chance to go here as a female 8th grader. This school seems really nice and such and I cannot go back to my old school. The test scores here looks outstanding.

Brightwood Elementary School 0

Posted February 27, 2010
I am a parent of a son in 8th grade and he has informed me that their are not a lot of activities in the school because of the new principal. I believe that is true and I would like the old principal back

Brightwood Elementary School 0

Posted February 17, 2010
My son is first grade and we love the school ..but alot of student is being injury at the school yard. need to improve and teach them the safety rules. Example ' do not run when you heard the bell ring' that could cost others to injure. The school teaching is great just if can't believe homework were also asign on the weekend and holiday ? ..

Brightwood Elementary School
1701 Brightwood Street, Monterey Park, CA  91754
Last modified Brightwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brightwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top