Bad
Good

Posted June 06, 2013
My son is currently in 3rd grade and he's had great teachers that made him excel in all academic categories. Not only are the teachers dutiful, the principle, Mr. Chow, looks busy all the time dealing with students, events, etc. Every time I see him he seems like a man on a mission. Overall, great teachers and great leadership from the principle.

Monterey Vista Elementary School 1

Posted September 09, 2012
My son is in the 5th grade and his teacher is Mr.Hurley, my son tells me that his teacher sends him outside while all his other classmates are inside! My son is a very quiet boy and i don't know what wrong. I thought it was a homework problem but i check and help on his homework everyday i really don't know what the problem is, the school calls me everyday that he is being sent to the office! I have to go to work and i am worried about my child. I was thinking of asking the principal if i can switch him to a different class but principal said no, I'm really worried about my son he comes home and cries because hes scared of his teacher?

Posted September 01, 2011
Great school and great teachers ... all 4 of my children have enjoyed the school.

Monterey Vista Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2011
The teachers my daughter had in the 1st and 2nd grades were top-notch- caring, kind and very interested in my daughter's progress. I have gotten wind of at least one teacher that was not all that and that's why I have given the school 4 stars instead of 5. The principal also seams very interested in the children's progress, as well.

Posted June 14, 2010
Monterey Vista ROCKS! I'm in Cross Country Track, and my fifth grade teacher is a great coach. He takes us to races, and when we don't do a good job, he pushes us harder. He also flourished my writing skills, and he takes money out of his own pockets just to award us kids with trophies and medals. At the end of the year, he teaches us how to do the tango, and draw the Congress building. He also teaches the 27 Amendments, the United States Constitution, and the presidents of the U.S. I hope that my graduation next year is something I never forget!

Monterey Vista Elementary School

Posted October 28, 2009
The principal is great, my children's teachers are gr

Posted March 21, 2009
Excellent school! Also, comparing this school to New Avenue (private), Monterey Vista is exceptional! The principal and staff are extremely friendly. The teachers that my son have had are awesome. They push the children to do more than the expected and who wouldn't want teachers that care and want the best for their child(ren)? Homework and projects on a weekly basis, which keeps the kids focused and continued knowledge. This school by far, is the best that I've experienced.

Posted December 17, 2008
Talk about school spirit! The principal is excellent community outreach person and well respected by all teachers. The school continues to excel, is well-balanced academics and supplemental instruction. The ideal school for parents just entering the public school system. The Garvey School District has the lowest anomalies in the entire Los Angeles County! It is well run and managed!

Posted September 25, 2007
This school is great, with my teacher named Mrs. Raymundo, who taught me everything I needed to know. There are great programs, such as Mad Science for all Gifted and Talented students (GATE), Cross Country Track and of course, Glee Club & Bell Choir. A 5 star rated school! Go Monterey Vista! !

Posted August 17, 2006
Mathematics champions 5th and 6th grades ( to county level ). I enjoy the reading challenges for my children involving Reading Counts. Glee club is first rate along with annual camp experiences and after school running program. Many children graduate to fine colleges including some of the top universities in the nation. Teachers modestly go about doing an outstanding job. Children seemed exceptionally well-behaved.Probably Garvey School District 'best kept secret'. I would rate this school a solid 'A '. Would like to see the City of Monterey Park provide quality after-school programs for children. After-school care is very good as my children are placed in their programs.Our principal is very positive and gives the school a good feel. Monterey Vista has A+ modern technology and a wonderful library ( and librarian ). Built in 1926 the school has a historic feel to it and maintains its charm

Monterey Vista Elementary School
901 East Graves Avenue, Monterey Park, CA  91755-4223
Last modified Monterey Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.