Monterey Park, CA

Posted June 06, 2013
My son is currently in 3rd grade and he's had great teachers that made him excel in all academic categories. Not only are the teachers dutiful, the principle, Mr. Chow, looks busy all the time dealing with students, events, etc. Every time I see him he seems like a man on a mission. Overall, great teachers and great leadership from the principle.

Posted September 01, 2011
Great school and great teachers ... all 4 of my children have enjoyed the school.

Monterey Vista Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2011
The teachers my daughter had in the 1st and 2nd grades were top-notch- caring, kind and very interested in my daughter's progress. I have gotten wind of at least one teacher that was not all that and that's why I have given the school 4 stars instead of 5. The principal also seams very interested in the children's progress, as well.

Posted June 14, 2010
Monterey Vista ROCKS! I'm in Cross Country Track, and my fifth grade teacher is a great coach. He takes us to races, and when we don't do a good job, he pushes us harder. He also flourished my writing skills, and he takes money out of his own pockets just to award us kids with trophies and medals. At the end of the year, he teaches us how to do the tango, and draw the Congress building. He also teaches the 27 Amendments, the United States Constitution, and the presidents of the U.S. I hope that my graduation next year is something I never forget!

Monterey Vista Elementary School 0

Posted October 28, 2009
The principal is great, my children's teachers are gr

Posted June 16, 2009

Posted March 21, 2009
Excellent school! Also, comparing this school to New Avenue (private), Monterey Vista is exceptional! The principal and staff are extremely friendly. The teachers that my son have had are awesome. They push the children to do more than the expected and who wouldn't want teachers that care and want the best for their child(ren)? Homework and projects on a weekly basis, which keeps the kids focused and continued knowledge. This school by far, is the best that I've experienced.

Posted December 17, 2008
Talk about school spirit! The principal is excellent community outreach person and well respected by all teachers. The school continues to excel, is well-balanced academics and supplemental instruction. The ideal school for parents just entering the public school system. The Garvey School District has the lowest anomalies in the entire Los Angeles County! It is well run and managed!

Posted January 16, 2008

Posted January 04, 2008

Monterey Vista Elementary School
901 East Graves Avenue, Monterey Park, CA  91755
Last modified Monterey Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monterey Vista Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top