Monterey Park, CA

Posted October 24, 2014
Former Student This school is great and best. I graduated in 2005. I still remember my old teachers. They're really nice and help with students. I still remember we did a lot of fun stuff like doing project and going to field trip. I wish I would vists old teacher. It has been 9 years ago. already. My cousin might go this school and I hope she will like this school like I did

Posted August 12, 2014
The Principal that just retired did awesome things in the three years she was here. We hope who ever follows will continue to look after the kids, bring programs to the school and raise student achievement like she did. The parents will miss her advocacy with teachers and District people.

Posted April 13, 2013
Best school ever! The principal is great and so the teachers. I love everything about it. They REALLY care for the students. I wish it was a pre-8th. You wont regret having your child come. My daughter came here for 6th grade in 2011-2012 she loved it and wish there was a 7th grade. The kids are humble and kind.

Posted October 29, 2012
This school is one of the best. Teachers are great. Principal is awesome For the reason that I have never met a principal that is always there for students as well as for parents. As for the parent center if you are not there to help and be a part of the community then I dont understand how you can judge people you dont even know. The people there give their time to the school for what ever is needed. If they cry or if they all laugh or smile its because they are a family that is united. So for all of you wonderful parents please come and join the community of our school ROBERT HILL LANE and you will see that not only is it a school but a family that is working hard together teachers,staff,and parents. But most of all the students that give their 100%. I love this school and everything that comes along with it. I belive that if you are 100% behind what you say then tell the people what you feel to their face so that if a change needs to be made it could be worked on.

Posted April 27, 2010
Very traditional teaching and some antiquated discipline methods. That said, they do the basics (reading, writing, math) well. While it is wonderful that it is a small school, There is no play ground, grass or meaningful enrichment opportunities. Finally, I am disappointed to see so many changes in administration over the past few years. It takes away from gaining resources this school really needs.

Posted April 13, 2010
Excellent teachers, small campus; very close knit community. Parent involvment and high API scores

Posted August 20, 2009
Roberth Hill Lane is the best school my children have ever participated in. The teachers are great! The campus is newly painted, safe, spacious, and beautiful.

Robert Hill Lane Elementary School 4

Posted October 26, 2006
The school really focus on the primary skills that all students should have before elementary graduation, such as math, reading, and vocabulary.

Robert Hill Lane Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2006
- a administrator
This school has the best test scores on the east side for LAUSD. Pros-- teachers will work hard & teach all Calif. Lang. arts and math standards (except for math reasoning) to all students, including special ed. students. friendly, responsible office staff. Small school; everyone knows everyone. Cons: No individualized instruction. Principal does not want any parents to question a teacher's techniques, although, I have mentored teachers working on their credentialsin an university for 10 years. Teaching can be overly traditional. Writer's workshop is weak, but excellent phonics teaching. No evidence of high order thinking skills in science or math. Inadequate supervision on playground. Auditorium is too small.

Posted March 17, 2006
It is a great school, the teachers are great and the Principal is great, my children enjoy the teachers and the students all have a great connection.

Robert Hill Lane Elementary School
1500 Cesar Chavez Avenue, Monterey Park, CA  91754
Last modified Robert Hill Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robert Hill Lane Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top