Monterey Park, CA

Bella Vista Elementary School 1

Posted June 10, 2015
My daughter had a terrible elementary experience with staff teachers including the principal. She always came home crying with stress telling me staff and teacher where mean to her. She told me the worse was when the teachers made them run so many laps around the field that her legs would hurt the next day. This was done if they were misbehaving in any way daily.The teachers told the kids all year how great a last day of school pool party was, only to be held against them, especially the last weeks that she is not going each time they felt it was useful tactic for discipline. My daughter had never had any problems with any the teachers of any other school and never came home crying as much as she did with this school. I am only putting this rating up for other parents to know and hopefully we have enough people coming forward and rate the school we can give a children a voice through the parents.

Bella Vista Elementary School

Posted April 22, 2010
I am a parent with my 3rd child now in his last year at BVE. My other two (now in High School) attended BVE and it was the best experience of public elementary school my children could have experienced. With my 3rd child, we experienced only one 'sketchy' year and it truly was the teacher, not the school. I just had to keep on top of it, to make sure the year remained positive. The Principal's ONLY focus is running the school. This can be perceived as a positive thing, but a little more connection with the parent community would be great. She literally looks right through you in the event you meet with her to touch on a concern. She began with her term here with the 'If you don't like it, let me get the door for you' attitude. It has since subsided, but only a bit. GREAT teachers!

Bella Vista Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2007
I give BVE an A-. Pros: 'dedicated' content knowledgable teachers; K-5; friendly staff; safety/security; strong leadership; new ELO afterschool program; GATE. BVE has had 4 or 5 principles in the past 5 years and exceeded or placed honarable on state testing (API). Therefore, for a school to go through so many administrators in a short timeslot, in my opinion, speaks loudly that BVE has a rock solid foundation and incredible potential. Cons: Safety/Security is a top priority at BVE and improves with each incoming manager, but I am dissapointed to see no permanant solution to address the 'possible' accident prone intersection behind BVE on Markland/Via which has no stop signs or assighned crossing guards. We, (city, parents, BVE) should be held accountable and liable if an accident were to take place. Second, increase parent involvement. Last, 'flexible' evening meeting times for working parents and continue to address traffic patterns around BVE.

Bella Vista Elementary School 2

Posted July 17, 2007
Both my daughters attended BVE. My eldest daughter did wonderfully at this school. If your child is a gate child then you are in great luck but if you have a special needs child forget it! Teachers individually are good but have no idea how to work as a team. This is why there is no consistency and no raising of test scores. The support staff is condenscending and rude to adults and students. I find this to be unacceptable. I do see the current principal working hard to make this school better. I wish her much success!

Posted January 12, 2006
Bella Vista has great potential. Thier Academics are great as for other extracurricular programs they don't offer many. They are learning from the problems in the past and working forward to correcting them. They don't have any Parent involvement and thats not good for we need more of that. There is no motivation from any where, so like with everything its a routine, parents drop of thier child/ children and go on with every day life. We as parents need to know whats going on and need to be told or made aware matters involving our children & school so we can help change them together & not have 'them' change things for us. We as parents are the first roll models. This is a new year and a new Principal & I see alot of good things coming & hope for the better of our child/ children and school. Parent

Posted May 25, 2005
Parents at this school are not involved. Teachers were great. GATE program available.

Posted May 25, 2005

Bella Vista Elementary School 5

Posted March 29, 2005
Awesome school, great teachers, fun activities, good after school program, I miss this school after our move.

Bella Vista Elementary School 4

Posted November 12, 2004
My daughter has just entered kindergarden at Bella Vista. I have to say that I am impressed by the level of structure in her curriculumn. The work that she brings home is challenging, and each week her teacher turns it up a notch. I am glad that I enrolled her at Bella Vista.

Bella Vista Elementary School 5

Posted August 17, 2004
Both of my children have been attending this elementary school for the last four years. It was a challenge coming from Moreno Valley, only because of the large amount of students attending here. The teachers academic teachings are excellent. The administrative staff is professional and courteous. Belle Vista has a new principal and he has been doing an excellent job. However, I would like to see more of the teachers working together in a more team effort in assisting the principal. Overall, I give this school five star rating of excellence.

Bella Vista Elementary School
2410 Findlay Avenue, Monterey Park, CA  91754
Last modified Bella Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bella Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top