Monterey Park, CA

Bella Vista Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
I am a parent with my 3rd child now in his last year at BVE. My other two (now in High School) attended BVE and it was the best experience of public elementary school my children could have experienced. With my 3rd child, we experienced only one 'sketchy' year and it truly was the teacher, not the school. I just had to keep on top of it, to make sure the year remained positive. The Principal's ONLY focus is running the school. This can be perceived as a positive thing, but a little more connection with the parent community would be great. She literally looks right through you in the event you meet with her to touch on a concern. She began with her term here with the 'If you don't like it, let me get the door for you' attitude. It has since subsided, but only a bit. GREAT teachers!

Posted September 19, 2007
I give BVE an A-. Pros: 'dedicated' content knowledgable teachers; K-5; friendly staff; safety/security; strong leadership; new ELO afterschool program; GATE. BVE has had 4 or 5 principles in the past 5 years and exceeded or placed honarable on state testing (API). Therefore, for a school to go through so many administrators in a short timeslot, in my opinion, speaks loudly that BVE has a rock solid foundation and incredible potential. Cons: Safety/Security is a top priority at BVE and improves with each incoming manager, but I am dissapointed to see no permanant solution to address the 'possible' accident prone intersection behind BVE on Markland/Via which has no stop signs or assighned crossing guards. We, (city, parents, BVE) should be held accountable and liable if an accident were to take place. Second, increase parent involvement. Last, 'flexible' evening meeting times for working parents and continue to address traffic patterns around BVE.

Bella Vista Elementary School 2

Posted July 17, 2007
Both my daughters attended BVE. My eldest daughter did wonderfully at this school. If your child is a gate child then you are in great luck but if you have a special needs child forget it! Teachers individually are good but have no idea how to work as a team. This is why there is no consistency and no raising of test scores. The support staff is condenscending and rude to adults and students. I find this to be unacceptable. I do see the current principal working hard to make this school better. I wish her much success!

Posted May 07, 2006

Posted January 12, 2006
Bella Vista has great potential. Thier Academics are great as for other extracurricular programs they don't offer many. They are learning from the problems in the past and working forward to correcting them. They don't have any Parent involvement and thats not good for we need more of that. There is no motivation from any where, so like with everything its a routine, parents drop of thier child/ children and go on with every day life. We as parents need to know whats going on and need to be told or made aware matters involving our children & school so we can help change them together & not have 'them' change things for us. We as parents are the first roll models. This is a new year and a new Principal & I see alot of good things coming & hope for the better of our child/ children and school. Parent

Posted October 13, 2005
- a former student

Posted July 31, 2005
- a former student

Posted May 25, 2005
Parents at this school are not involved. Teachers were great. GATE program available.

Posted May 25, 2005

Bella Vista Elementary School 5

Posted March 29, 2005
Awesome school, great teachers, fun activities, good after school program, I miss this school after our move.

Bella Vista Elementary School
2410 Findlay Avenue, Monterey Park, CA  91754
Last modified Bella Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bella Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top