Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 12, 2016
My girl is in 1st grade now and she is very good at math and reading and this is all due to Arroyo's excellent teachers. When she started Kindergarten, last year, she only knew the uppercase letters and the numbers from 1 to 20. At the end of Kindergarten she was able to read small books, and now mid first grade she can read chapters books already. Besides the excellent education, the school provides a very friendly environment that makes my girl to love the school. It is a great school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 12, 2016
Thank you to Ms Harrah Penny and Eusebia Grajeda for your dedication and excellent care!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted September 15, 2015
Respect is a two way street and AWALA staff respects their students. This develops more respect in return.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 15, 2015
The Teachers and staff, especially the Principal all have a caring attitude that is shared with the students. The students in turn look at their role models and becoming more and more caring.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 15, 2015
The reading and writing philosophy allows a child to develop and grow these traits. Children's brain are developing quickly and allow them an outlet to express themselves in writing promotes honesty, integrity and fairness through language.

Posted July 09, 2014
We had a tour of the TK class and attend art night at the end of the school year. We are really excited to have our child attend next year.

Posted October 22, 2013
Arroyo West is a fabulous school and I always feel welcome when I walk in the front door.

Posted October 22, 2013
Arroyo West is awesome. My child is excited about learning and can't wait to go to school every day. She loves reading and writing stories in her spare time and has passed this passion along to her younger sibling. Arroyo West has had such a positive impact on my child's life and our family overall. I am confident this school is building a firm foundation for my children's future academic success. Great School.

Posted October 18, 2013
I have a 1st Grader at AWALA and I can remember touring the school as a Kindergarten parent and absolutely falling in love. I believe in first impressions and that started for me with the office staff. I have never met a more caring and compassionate group of people! Arroyo West has the best teachers who are always enthusiastic and outgoing. The school has a new principle this year and I have personally gotten to know her and love what she is doing for the school. She interacts with the kids on a daily basis and is full of enthusiasm. She is very passionate about the common core standards, which I love. In short, this is a GREAT school!!

Posted October 18, 2013
The reading and writing program at this school is outstanding. I registered my 5th grader and 1st grader as new students in 2011. Both were behind in their reading levels and within one year, both were reading ahead of their levels. As my older son went on to middle school, he was placed in honors classes and has had straight As with outstanding comments on his writing skills. This would not have been possible without the program that my son was introduced to in 5th grade. Now my younger son is in 3rd grade, enjoys a 5th grade reading level and reads on his own for 30 minutes a day, even on weekends, because he enjoys reading. I made a great choice in moving my children from private school to this public school.

4117 Country Hill Road, Moorpark, CA  93021
Last modified Arroyo West Active Learning Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.