Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My girl is in 1st grade now and she is very good at math and reading and this is all due to Arroyo's excellent teachers. When she started Kindergarten, last year, she only knew the uppercase letters and the numbers from 1 to 20. At the end of Kindergarten she was able to read small books, and now mid first grade she can read chapters books already. Besides the excellent education, the school provides a very friendly environment that makes my girl to love the school. It is a great school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The reading and writing philosophy allows a child to develop and grow these traits. Children's brain are developing quickly and allow them an outlet to express themselves in writing promotes honesty, integrity and fairness through language.

We had a tour of the TK class and attend art night at the end of the school year. We are really excited to have our child attend next year.

Arroyo West is a fabulous school and I always feel welcome when I walk in the front door.

Arroyo West is awesome. My child is excited about learning and can't wait to go to school every day. She loves reading and writing stories in her spare time and has passed this passion along to her younger sibling. Arroyo West has had such a positive impact on my child's life and our family overall. I am confident this school is building a firm foundation for my children's future academic success. Great School.

I have a 1st Grader at AWALA and I can remember touring the school as a Kindergarten parent and absolutely falling in love. I believe in first impressions and that started for me with the office staff. I have never met a more caring and compassionate group of people! Arroyo West has the best teachers who are always enthusiastic and outgoing. The school has a new principle this year and I have personally gotten to know her and love what she is doing for the school. She interacts with the kids on a daily basis and is full of enthusiasm. She is very passionate about the common core standards, which I love. In short, this is a GREAT school!!

The reading and writing program at this school is outstanding. I registered my 5th grader and 1st grader as new students in 2011. Both were behind in their reading levels and within one year, both were reading ahead of their levels. As my older son went on to middle school, he was placed in honors classes and has had straight As with outstanding comments on his writing skills. This would not have been possible without the program that my son was introduced to in 5th grade. Now my younger son is in 3rd grade, enjoys a 5th grade reading level and reads on his own for 30 minutes a day, even on weekends, because he enjoys reading. I made a great choice in moving my children from private school to this public school.

I love Arroyo West. This is my daughters 2nd year and I'll admit I was initially apprehensive based on "scores" as compared to other schools. After having been here a year, I wouldn't consider another school. - Teachers are involved, caring and professional - The learning environment; -- is interactive and hands on -- promotes rapid growth as students learn at their individual level -- builds independent, adaptive, resourceful and creative thinkers -- creates a deeper understanding of subjects by incorporating multiple sources and tools across disciplines -- positively reinforces lessons learned as students see real world application -- fosters community and social responsibility through cooperative, peer to peer work groups -- initiates a love of reading and writing I didn't realize could exist at my daughter's age Yeah, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

2 unhappy parents isn't a true portrayal of AWALA. This schools does a great job for all of its students. Don't let a couple sour grapes ruin your impression of the school.

This will be my sons 2nd year at Arroyo. They have visual hands on way of teaching here. The kids learn with technology during class room activates. I have had more interaction with the front office staff than the principle so not sure what has happen in the past. Hopefully she reads this and can improve the way the afterschool and bullying issues. I wouldn t want my son to be bullied and no course of action taken. My main reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is because I wished during K the kids would have more assemblies to perform for their families. 23 years ago I was a wrangler kid going to Arroyo West so my expectations are high. After being a volunteer at all the schools in Moorpark and interacting with the staff I took my son from another school here in Moorpark and decided this was the best place for him to grow and learn arroyo west!

Last modified Arroyo West Active Learning Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.