Bad
Good

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted September 15, 2015
Respect is a two way street and AWALA staff respects their students. This develops more respect in return.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 15, 2015
The Teachers and staff, especially the Principal all have a caring attitude that is shared with the students. The students in turn look at their role models and becoming more and more caring.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 15, 2015
The reading and writing philosophy allows a child to develop and grow these traits. Children's brain are developing quickly and allow them an outlet to express themselves in writing promotes honesty, integrity and fairness through language.

Posted July 09, 2014
We had a tour of the TK class and attend art night at the end of the school year. We are really excited to have our child attend next year.

Posted October 22, 2013
Arroyo West is a fabulous school and I always feel welcome when I walk in the front door.

Posted October 22, 2013
Arroyo West is awesome. My child is excited about learning and can't wait to go to school every day. She loves reading and writing stories in her spare time and has passed this passion along to her younger sibling. Arroyo West has had such a positive impact on my child's life and our family overall. I am confident this school is building a firm foundation for my children's future academic success. Great School.

Posted October 18, 2013
I have a 1st Grader at AWALA and I can remember touring the school as a Kindergarten parent and absolutely falling in love. I believe in first impressions and that started for me with the office staff. I have never met a more caring and compassionate group of people! Arroyo West has the best teachers who are always enthusiastic and outgoing. The school has a new principle this year and I have personally gotten to know her and love what she is doing for the school. She interacts with the kids on a daily basis and is full of enthusiasm. She is very passionate about the common core standards, which I love. In short, this is a GREAT school!!

Posted October 18, 2013
The reading and writing program at this school is outstanding. I registered my 5th grader and 1st grader as new students in 2011. Both were behind in their reading levels and within one year, both were reading ahead of their levels. As my older son went on to middle school, he was placed in honors classes and has had straight As with outstanding comments on his writing skills. This would not have been possible without the program that my son was introduced to in 5th grade. Now my younger son is in 3rd grade, enjoys a 5th grade reading level and reads on his own for 30 minutes a day, even on weekends, because he enjoys reading. I made a great choice in moving my children from private school to this public school.

Posted October 18, 2013
I love Arroyo West. This is my daughters 2nd year and I'll admit I was initially apprehensive based on "scores" as compared to other schools. After having been here a year, I wouldn't consider another school. - Teachers are involved, caring and professional - The learning environment; -- is interactive and hands on -- promotes rapid growth as students learn at their individual level -- builds independent, adaptive, resourceful and creative thinkers -- creates a deeper understanding of subjects by incorporating multiple sources and tools across disciplines -- positively reinforces lessons learned as students see real world application -- fosters community and social responsibility through cooperative, peer to peer work groups -- initiates a love of reading and writing I didn't realize could exist at my daughter's age Yeah, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Posted October 02, 2013
2 unhappy parents isn't a true portrayal of AWALA. This schools does a great job for all of its students. Don't let a couple sour grapes ruin your impression of the school.

4117 Country Hill Road, Moorpark, CA  93021
Last modified Arroyo West Active Learning Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arroyo West Active Learning Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top