Posted September 11, 2014
Wow! My son loves it here. The teachers, principal, and PTA all make this a great place to be. We love the enrichment programs on Fridays. My son can't stop talking about them and waiting for them to start this year. My older children didn't have nearly as strong of a program at their school (also here in Moorpark). I highly recommend it!

Posted August 01, 2013
My daughter is entering grade 2 and I have been happy with the experience. Mrs. Brazell and the staff have been wonderful and encourage parent involvement. The PTSA supports programs to ensure that the student's experience is well rounded. I appreciate that they honor individuality and provide enrichment classes that get them excited.

Posted April 14, 2013
Campus Canyon is truly a remarkable school. The changes in the last few years are innovative and are moving this school into the 21st Century. Hats off to a forward thinking principal who has led the school to make it one of the most sought after schools in the district. The teachers and staff are caring and committed to provide the best educational experience possible for all students. Most notable is the Schoolwide Enrichment Model which provides enrichment classes during the school day, before and after school to all students.

Posted August 31, 2012
I have a child at Campus Canyon who completed 6th grade last year and has returned for 7th. Last year was our first year at this school and this year we have decided to also bring in our daughter who is now going into 6th as well. Needless to say, this decision was based on having had a great experience at Campus Canyon. When choosing a middle school we looked at several and decided that less students per classroom, incomparable individualized attention, a deeply committed staff, and a principal who will make certain at every step that her school is providing only education at its highest form would more than make up for the growing pains that come with a campus that is newly turning from an elementary school to a K-8. Research indicates that K-8 is by far a better model for ensuring that our middle schoolers are getting the best experience during these difficult developmental years. Worried about high school? I truly believe every child will gain strength and maturity by experiencing their middle school years in a safe, caring environment that Campus Canyon provides, assuring that they will be ready to face the challenges that high school brings with it.

Posted August 30, 2012
My child completed Grade 6 last year and had an absolutely wonderful first-year-of-middle-school experience, flourishing both academically and emotionally. Campus Canyon is a truly great school with very caring and capable teachers, all led by the best principal that I have ever encountered -- Mrs. Stephanie Brazell, an energetic, enthusiastic and deeply committed leader who runs the school like a loving CEO, attending to every detail when it comes to the needs of the children. I recommend Campus Canyon without reservation.

Posted August 29, 2012
The last two comments are way off the mark. Change can be and is good. There are many benefits to a K-8 school. With a little research you will see that the small environment actually helps build students self-esteem so that they are more ready to venture into the huge world of High School. Students here will not get lost in the crowd or skipped over in the classroom. As far as the elementary part of the school We love it! There is not the same pressure other elementary schools make you feel to give, give, give. Campus canyon wants parents on campus to take part in and enjoy their Childs education...not just solicit money like I have experienced at other sites. They also have the added bonus of an "alternative" kindergarten for the younger students. This school maybe going through changes but it is for the best and I have yet to experience a teacher that does not have the students best interest at heart!!! Definitely a school worth looking into.

Campus Canyon College Preparatory Academy 2

Posted May 21, 2012
Overall perception is that school/district goals (i.e. at first turning the school into a College Preparatory school and now turning the school into a K-8) take precedence over and distract administration and faculty from primary focus which should be on the students. Teacher quality/styles vary widely ranging from insensitive and negative to caring and motivating. Change to K-8 seems more for school/district benefit than student benefit. School lacks basic middle school infrastructure/ facilities/amenities. Middle school transition is a coming of age milestone for preadolescences (students at this school will not experience) yet students being pressured to stay on this campus (insensitive). Physical/emotional/intellectual needs of K-8 graders vastly different. Trying to meet those needs on an inadequate campus seems destine to leave both grade levels lacking.

Campus Canyon College Preparatory Academy 1

Posted May 15, 2012
So sad! This school has gone down hill so fast and truly makes me sad! The changes to the school are AWFUL! Why couldn't it just stay the K-5 that is was built for and that we all loved. The traffic around the school is so dangerous and I fear that a child will get hurt. So sad that the Principal has to use bribery to get students to stay. So many "promises" made and not delivered. It's awful that some teachers tell students that they won't be smart if they don't stay at the school. CHANGE IS NOT GOOD!!!!

Posted January 16, 2012
Campus Canyon is an excellent school and if you are a preschool parent as I was looking to find the right elementary school for your child, you will be reading all of the reviews like I once did. You will also be hearing a lot of differing opinions from friends and strangers about which school is better and why it is better. Do yourself a favor and take the time to attend ALL of the info nights and ALL of the tours before making any decisions. They take place in January. As for what I can tell you about this school - the curriculum is amazing - even in kindergarten. The teachers are caring, friendly, professional, and have many years of experience. The office staff is more than willing to help a parent out and you cannot ask for a better principal. Even if we had chosen a different school for whatever reason, I truly believe that this school has the best principal. Again though, you need to make the right choice for you and your child - so do yourself a favor and make the time to attend the info nights and the tours!

Posted April 29, 2010
I currently have two children at Campus with another starting the Alternative Kindergarten next year. I am very pleased with the current principal, teachers and staff. They are a very conscience of each and every child's needs. I highly recommend this school!

Campus Canyon College Preparatory Academy
15300 Monroe Avenue, Moorpark, CA  93021
Last modified Campus Canyon College Preparatory Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Campus Canyon College Preparatory Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top