Bad
Good

My children went to Flory and it's are really good school. The teachers, staff, and principal are very kind and help you.

This school is ok if you have gone to a public school your whole life. I came from Westlake Monosouri and I was being taught how to count colored shapes in SECOND GRADE! I moved to Carden Heights Academy in Camarillo which is a very friendly school. If you are having trouble finding a school for your wonderful child then I suggest putting a little bit of money into it and go to a private school.

Flory Academy of Sciences and Technology, Moorpark, CA. Wonderful environment for students. The staff at every level, in my experience, are kind and caring. The academics are challenging and robust enough to keep my son engaged and excited. Our school could improve in the parent involvement, ON CAMPUS, as with most places, we are the 80/20% rule, 20% of our parents really really participate in our PTA and Booster events, while the remaining do not. If we could move our selves to a 50/50 rate, with the 50% who don't have the capacity or desire to help to offer a monetary "help" instead, we'd be golden!

Flory is great! My daughter is just finishing kinder. She is reading books out loud moderately fast and doing addition anf subtraction tables independantly. Academically, Flory rises above.

Flory's highly committed parent base has allowed them to excel in the "extras" despite state budget cuts. The school's booster club started a campaign to Save Our Specialists. (Science, Math and Computer specialists provide schoolwide, grade specific instruction in their own labs.) Through fundraising and corporate contributions we are able to keep all 3 positions and look forward to another successful year.

The focus is on science and technology at Flory, and they find fun and engaging ways for students to learn. First graders participate in 'Space Station Flory' day, where they come dressed in their oxygen packs (made out of cardboard and aluminum) and watch a shuttle takeoff. The whole school celebrates with a slice of pie on Pi Day (3/14), which is also Einstein's birthday. In addition, lots of parent involvement and a supportive principal make this school a great place to learn.

Flory has been a great school for my 2nd grader. He is continuously challenged in his math and science. He has a great teacher and parent involvement on this campus is high. He is now reading at a 3rd/4th grade level. I highly recommend the school. The only problem is the traffic situation during drop off and pick up times.

Flory is an excellent school, particularly for kids interested in science and technology. My son (who has ADHD) has attended for 2 years now (2nd/3rd grades) and his teachers were great - knowledgeable, caring and helpful. Math and reading programs are tailored to the child's ability. Parent involvement is high, as is participation in school functions, science nights, etc. Principal Pam Hill is a great communicator and stresses ethics. The after school program (Success Express) offers art and music classes, as well as drama, karate, Spanish and computers. My son loves this school.

Last modified Flory Academy Of Sciences And Technology is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.