Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 28, 2015
Gina Jurick is the hardest working person at our school. She technically is the office manager but she is so much more. She knows our kids and cares about each of them. She has to keep them safe and our staff safe as well. She works endlessly to make sure everyone gets what they need and also keeps the school on task and running smoothly every second of the day. I am proud to work with her and would do anything to help her. She is truly an unsung hero. The world would be a better place with more Gina Juricks in the world.

Walnut Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2015
Walnut Canyon is a good school with very good teachers and a comprehensive expansive approach to educating children that is a breath of fresh air compared to Fundamental schools and No Child Left Behind based learning. However, the school funding cuts of recent years combined with increasing class size has really impacted the activities and extras in the curriculum that once made it really great. Also, when considering Walnut Canyon and maybe other Moorpark schools know that favoritism is very openly and apologetically practiced by the teachers there.

Walnut Canyon Elementary School 3

Posted March 09, 2014
Just like every other public school around - the ratio of students to teachers in too high and unless your child fits the public education mold, he/she gets left in the dust. The principal is very fake. Smiles all the time in your face but is totally different behind the scenes. She gives preferential treatment to the families she likes, i.e. the teachers they request. Last, don't feel this new core curriculum will be the best fit for every child.

Walnut Canyon Elementary School 5

Posted September 01, 2011
My son loves being a student at Walnut Canyon. The new principal is a breath of fresh air and his teacher Mrs. Walters is big on teaching with all the latest technology! I couldn't be more excited about this school year!!! IF I had any complaint it would be that there isn't as much performing arts as I would like to see but I do realize w/ budget cuts they are doing the best with what they've got! The parents at this school are the most supportive of any school I've seen, very involved! You also wont find a harder working PTA around! Great Job Walnut Canyon!

Posted March 08, 2010
My Daughter Kaylee loves her principal, she is very nice always to me and my child, love her, i can see she really cares about the kids here. and her teacher mrs.. goldrod is wonderful, my daughter is learning so much, i am so proud of her and thankful for her teacher and the school pricipal for making this school thde best.

Posted January 26, 2010
I am not impressed with this school at all. He's in the second grade and although his teacher is very nice and caring, my son isn't learning as much as he should. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the increased class sizes and less teachers. But the principal is awful, she's unapproachable and doesn't seem to have any interactions with parents. I am seriously contemplating on taking my son and daughter (soon to be kindergartner) to another school district. There are at least 5 other parents that I have spoken to (kids are in various grades-up to 4th) who feel the exact same way. They are looking at the Santa Rosa School District and I think I will do the same.

Posted November 04, 2009
I love the arts and technology focus! Exposure to the arts is so essential for full brain development. I am confident that my child is getting an excellent education because of the professional and enthusiastic teachers he's had. As a special bounus, we have a fabulous after school program where students can choose to focus on additional areas of interest, from drama, keyboarding, strings, and art to rock band and pod-casting. It is truly a great school!

Posted September 17, 2009
Walnut Canyon Elementary School is the best because of all the caring teachers and staff. They really strive to provide the best possible education even during these tough times. The teachers are very open to new ideas and methods of teaching in order for your child to succeed. We have been at Walnut for 6 years now and have been very happy recommend it to everyone!!

Posted September 17, 2009
Walnut Canyon is a wonderful school. It offers a step above the traditional elementary school with its Arts & Technology. The staff, teachers and parents all come to together throughout the year moreso than I experienced when I sent my older daughter to private school and paid $600 a month! It's true comraudary!

Posted September 17, 2009
The teachers really care about the students.

280 Casey Road, Moorpark, CA  93021-1131
Last modified Walnut Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.