Moraga, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 09, 2014
This is the place where children are happy and enjoy learning. The students are enriched with music, art, and physical education. They are challenged academically in a positively motivated manner to achieve higher. Strong morals and having positive relationships with other people are emphasized heavily as well. Last but not least, self-confidence and public speaking is naturally incorporated into the curriculum. It is a place that develops well-rounded children.

Posted April 03, 2014
This school is simply magical. It's a place where each student is made to feel important, valuable, creative, and loved.

Posted April 03, 2014
My son is currently finishing up his K year at Saklan School and the experience has so far been wonderful. Saklan's mission is to empower students to think creatively, act compassionately and live courageously, and I've seen that applied in many ways by the students, faculty and staff. Because class sizes are strategically small (16 maximum), my son's K class has 11 students where each child's personality, needs, progress, passions and strengths can be carefully and lovingly attended to. While we first joined Saklan for the well-balanced curriculum which includes music, Spanish, science, art, PE, on top of math, writing and reading, we very quickly realized Saklan gives my son (and us) so much more, and most definitely in K taught by the wonderful Ms. Amy Burnett. While he has excelled academically, he's learned life lessons that will positively impact him for years. Love, friendship, giving, understanding, forgiveness, tolerance, compassion...not only are taught but are part of class interactions. All of it together have contributed to the kids' confidence, self-awareness, expression, and how they want to put their stamp on the world. Saklan is absolutely a first rate school.

Posted July 08, 2013
Our daughter attended Saklan from mid-elementary school through middle school. She had transferred to Saklan from another independent school, and is now in high school. Saklan provided a terrific environment for her, both educationally and socially. Our family was welcomed into the Saklan community, and our daughter soon adored her teachers and classmates. She learned more in her first few months of immersion into Saklan's well-rounded curriculum than she had learned in two years prior to transferring in, and each successive year continued to build upon this excellent foundation. Middle school was even more fun than we could have imagined: happy, wholesome kids enjoying animated, interactive discussions and projects, led by creative, committed teachers. She loved every day of middle school (how many middle schoolers feel that way about school?) and was well-prepared for a rigorous high school program. Our only regret is that we hadn't known about Saklan when she'd started kindergarten!

Posted May 15, 2013
We have four previous years of experience at Saklan, as well as a few years at other private schools in different areas. We have learned that the level of involvement and understanding from the teachers and staff is nearly impossible to match. Our kids are challenged academically but in a way that truly promotes creativity and excitement about learning. The school drew the mission statement (creativity, compassion, courage) from what was actually happening. It is a welcoming, inspiring, non competitive and down to earth environment where children are truly happy and thrive. Very difficult to find even in the best public and private schools. The best gift you could give your child.

Posted January 24, 2013
What a difference a teacher makes! My son began is his school career at Saklan last year as a Kindergartner. The Kindergarten teacher was absolutely wonderful and exactly what any parent would want for their child. I loved that she recognized that the children were all at different levels when they began and that she taught to the strongest child setting high standards for the other children. Since the children still needed to be nurtured, she gave each child individual attention but encouraged them to be independent and by the end of the year, all of the Kindergarten parents noticed the confidence that she had instilled in them. If there is one thing I'd like parents to know it's that you can't go wrong having your child begin his/her school career at The Saklan School. So if you are looking for a school for your Kindergartner, I encourage you to consider The Saklan School!

Posted December 04, 2012
I'm so glad we found this amazing school! The teachers are absolute masters, they LOVE what they do, they CARE about their kids, and they create magical classrooms. My daughter has thrived here, and she loves to go to school everyday. I'm watching her develop into a creative, compassionate, and courageous young girl, and I credit the role models at Saklan for helping to shape her. I appreciate the well-rounded experience she is getting - from the solid academics to Spanish, Art, PE, Music, Science to the character education she receives on a daily basis. I encourage you to look at Saklan for your child. It's worth it!

Posted December 04, 2012
Saklan is a nurturing environment, where the teachers take a real interest in their students. We wanted a middle school where our daughter could pursue her love of academics without getting ostracized or squashing her own love of learning in order to belong. I feel that she could go to a public high school now and be sure of who she is and what she wants to do. One of the big draws to Saklan was their excellent music program including a phenomenal annual middle school musical. Small class sizes (a huge plus for this school and almost unheard of ratios for middle school!) facilitate not only engaged learning, but the teachers' keeping a close eye on social issues that might come up, and I can't think of a better place for pre-teens/teens to experiment with how one's behavior affects others. There is feeling of respect and comfort between the kids. Our daughter is receiving a well-rounded, whole child experience. We are thrilled with the faculty and the community atmosphere. New students are made to feel immediately welcome by their classmates. I like knowing that while my daughter is at school all day, there are teacher role models who care about her almost as much as I do.

Posted January 10, 2012
The teachers at Saklan are, without exception, the best educators in the area. They have creatively built an environment that is encouraging to all students and fosters a true appreciation for the unique qualities in every child. The entire community encourages students to live up to their strengths and not cover up who they are. Acceptance and kindness are a way of life at this school. I truly wish all children had the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive in a place like Saklan. Along with providing a safe, caring and respectful environment, Saklan students repeatedly score significantly higher than other independent schools on standard measurement tests. The academic program is superb. If you want the best education for your child in a place where they can thrive socially and academically, as well as gain confidence in themselves as they move into high school and college, I would recommend that you visit Saklan. It is magical. We are about to relocate and my biggest regret is that my children will have to leave Saklan. It will be very hard to find a school that can accomplish what they do.

Posted June 26, 2011
Our daughter began at Saklan in the wonderful Pre-K program and finished Kindergarten at Saklan. She is bright and, before coming to Saklan, we were told by her preschool teachers that she needed a dynamic environment where she could be challenged to reach her full potential. After visiting all of the best schools in the East Bay, we chose Saklan and we now choose to remain at Saklan because of the tremendous community: caring, bright, and enthusiastic youngsters; engaged, motivated, and talented teachers and staff; and a supportive and close-knit group of parents. We love Saklan and we are so glad to have found it. If you want your child to be part of a stimulating, engaging community dedicated to learning where kids have the freedom to explore and teachers have the time and liberty to help them explore, you should visit and see what a jewel it really is.

The Saklan School