1,285 students|Acalanes Union High

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops empathy: Disagree

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted July 28, 2016
This is a safe place to share your honest opinions of a school, whether good or bad. Learn more. This is a safe place to share your honest opinions of a school, whether good or bad. Learn more.

Posted April 28, 2015
As a former student of Campolindo, who was not a straight A student, I would highly recommend attending the prestigious school. I COMPLETELY disagree with the parent that bashed the English department at Campo. I am someone who is very strong in both math and science, but my English preparation at Campo far exceeded those of my college classmates at Saint Mary's. Not only does Campo excel academically and athletically, but it has a student-teacher relationship that is unmatched. I was able to get letters of recommendation from teachers who knew me both in and out of the classroom. I still go back to visit my teachers from high school, and I know for a fact many of my classmates do the same. I was never one to partake in doing drugs or under age drinking. This is because of my parents. The drug and alcohol "problem" at Campo is not the fault of the administration or even the police. It is the fault of the parents who didn't teach their kids better.

Posted October 29, 2014
Of the three high-rated schools in Lamorinda, Campo is the best. Miramonte is more competitive, Acalances reportedly had more of a drug problem but drugs are everywhere. All schools should do more but so should the parents. There is a lot of parent involvement in the classroom - most have one parent home when school gets out - not latchkey kids. Sure, there's kids with money. Moraga has a lot of high-income parents. That's a fact. Don't move here if that's going to bother you. The majority of the parents and kids are not focused on what car you drive or designer clothes. It's the same in Walnut Creek or Oakland. Nike Jordans or Mini Cooper. You can't argue with the scores from these schools - top in the state. 95% get into the college of their choice. They're doing something right.

Campolindo High School 3

Posted May 25, 2014
Campolindo is an ok school. Some of teachers really care and teach well. If your child is in special ed this school does not have the capability and understanding to handle it well. It's a school for parents who wants their kids to learn more regardless of the quality, stress, and healthy way of learning. Schools has a drug problem and they prefer to look the other way. If I have to do it all over again, I will not chose campolindo for my kid.

Posted March 29, 2014
I transferred to Campo my senior year. While the curriculum was definitely above average (though slightly less challenging than my previous school), I was surprised at the atmosphere. The majority of the students seemed accustomed to privilege, and one student even asked me why I drove a car made in 1999--he could not comprehend any reason to drive an older car. I think the involvement of parents in funding the school is amazing, but it would be great if the school was able to foster understanding of diversity and perspective, possibly by encouraging discussion of social issues in classrooms. Campo will definitely prepare students for college, but it's disappointing to see so many kids go into the world with very narrow understanding of social, racial and class-based issues.

Posted September 26, 2013
It's our daughter's first year at this school and so far we have been very impressed with the quality of teachers!!

Posted July 09, 2012
Great math and science departments. Languages could be better especially English however if your child gets one of the good English teachers they get great education. But there are unfortunately some weak English teachers.

Posted February 08, 2011
Campo is a great school to receive high quality academic education and excel in sports. That is already know. However, I think that by being in the epicenter of a wealthy, sheltered white suburb, the students suffer from real world exposure. The disillusion that not everyone is as privileged as those around them successfully fosters inside Campo's environment. While I appreciate the education that I received at Campo, I wish that it had a more diverse and exposed environment.

300 Moraga Road, Moraga, CA  94556
Last modified Campolindo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.