Moraga, CA
Students enrolled: 1,285

Posted April 28, 2015
As a former student of Campolindo, who was not a straight A student, I would highly recommend attending the prestigious school. I COMPLETELY disagree with the parent that bashed the English department at Campo. I am someone who is very strong in both math and science, but my English preparation at Campo far exceeded those of my college classmates at Saint Mary's. Not only does Campo excel academically and athletically, but it has a student-teacher relationship that is unmatched. I was able to get letters of recommendation from teachers who knew me both in and out of the classroom. I still go back to visit my teachers from high school, and I know for a fact many of my classmates do the same. I was never one to partake in doing drugs or under age drinking. This is because of my parents. The drug and alcohol "problem" at Campo is not the fault of the administration or even the police. It is the fault of the parents who didn't teach their kids better.

Posted October 29, 2014
Of the three high-rated schools in Lamorinda, Campo is the best. Miramonte is more competitive, Acalances reportedly had more of a drug problem but drugs are everywhere. All schools should do more but so should the parents. There is a lot of parent involvement in the classroom - most have one parent home when school gets out - not latchkey kids. Sure, there's kids with money. Moraga has a lot of high-income parents. That's a fact. Don't move here if that's going to bother you. The majority of the parents and kids are not focused on what car you drive or designer clothes. It's the same in Walnut Creek or Oakland. Nike Jordans or Mini Cooper. You can't argue with the scores from these schools - top in the state. 95% get into the college of their choice. They're doing something right.

Campolindo High School 3

Posted May 25, 2014
Campolindo is an ok school. Some of teachers really care and teach well. If your child is in special ed this school does not have the capability and understanding to handle it well. It's a school for parents who wants their kids to learn more regardless of the quality, stress, and healthy way of learning. Schools has a drug problem and they prefer to look the other way. If I have to do it all over again, I will not chose campolindo for my kid.

Posted March 29, 2014
I transferred to Campo my senior year. While the curriculum was definitely above average (though slightly less challenging than my previous school), I was surprised at the atmosphere. The majority of the students seemed accustomed to privilege, and one student even asked me why I drove a car made in 1999--he could not comprehend any reason to drive an older car. I think the involvement of parents in funding the school is amazing, but it would be great if the school was able to foster understanding of diversity and perspective, possibly by encouraging discussion of social issues in classrooms. Campo will definitely prepare students for college, but it's disappointing to see so many kids go into the world with very narrow understanding of social, racial and class-based issues.

Posted September 26, 2013
It's our daughter's first year at this school and so far we have been very impressed with the quality of teachers!!

Posted July 09, 2012
Great math and science departments. Languages could be better especially English however if your child gets one of the good English teachers they get great education. But there are unfortunately some weak English teachers.

Posted February 08, 2011
Campo is a great school to receive high quality academic education and excel in sports. That is already know. However, I think that by being in the epicenter of a wealthy, sheltered white suburb, the students suffer from real world exposure. The disillusion that not everyone is as privileged as those around them successfully fosters inside Campo's environment. While I appreciate the education that I received at Campo, I wish that it had a more diverse and exposed environment.

Posted January 16, 2011
Campolindo is a great school. Of course there are problems, but there are problems at every school. Students are stressed if they allow themselves to be stressed-- by becoming over-involved in sports, music, academics, etc. Campo offers a lot, which means students have to make choices: no one is forced to do it all! As an AP student I do agree that a lot of attention is geared toward high acheiving students; however, I have also been a Peer Tutor for "Learning Skills" for the past two years, and I have seen the excellent support that struggling students recieve. (fyi "Learning Skills" students are students with minor learning disabilities). Finally, parents seem to be upset that there is a so-called drug and alcohol problem, but I am a living example that not everyone partakes in this behavior. If parents are upset with drug and alcohol usage they shouldn't blame the school, they should blame themselves!

Posted September 28, 2010
Campolindo is a good school for A students, but not such a great school for kids that don't learn on their own. There are many great teachers, however, there are some who need to leave the teaching field. Not much can be done without the leadership of the school taking action. There are drugs and alcohol, but not any more than most HS, parents need to be involved. I've had 2 kids go through the school, neither flourished, but many do. So if your kid struggles, I wouldn't recommend this school. It loves it's A students, and gears everything toward them. I agree that without the parent involvement this school would not be what it is.

Campolindo High School 2

Posted July 17, 2010
Academics are mediocre. Sport programs are supreme yet still flawed. Disciplinary program is heavily flawed. This school also has bias teachers who have been know to HIDE work here and there. Also has racists amongst both teachers and students. Overall, be very careful when putting your child in this school. Also has a strong drug problem that the Lamorinda police department and Acalanes district refuse to root out. This is problematic seeing how these teenagers tend to cause problems for ACTUAL students. Be warned and be aware.

Campolindo High School
300 Moraga Road, Moraga, CA  94556
Last modified Campolindo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Campolindo High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top