Posted February 04, 2014
We just move in Moraga last June from the City. One of my kid goes to JM now, only been few months. What a wonderful school in Moraga. my son got so much support from all the teachers, they are giving him tutoring one by one, and picking books for him to reads and playing lot of sport that he likes. he feels so great of himself in JM. Thank You to all the teachers!!!!

Posted January 20, 2014
Ooooh. No GATE. Gee, both my kids went to Rheem and Campo. Average students, I thought. Then both breezed through UC in three years. You know, graduating before they were legally able to drink. Unlike their cousin, who *was* in GATE. And is now 30 years old, unemployed, on probation, and living in his mommy's basement. Yeah. Don't go to Moraga public schools.

Joaquin Moraga Intermediate School 2

Posted November 22, 2013
This is a very closed community with a very specific agenda. Not sure if this school is a great environment for kids to learn in. It depends on your issues and your needs. Parent involvement is from the same 5 parents in the community that have been here since day 1. Not that parents have tried they are just discouraged from doing so. That will take away from the game plan of the chosen few. The teachers are really trying but they are limited with the tools they have. Not to mention the rules and what boxes they need to check. The principal is not an active force with this school and the assistant principal is a great puppet that has no substance. If your child has special needs, then you would be best served in another community.

Joaquin Moraga Intermediate School 4

Posted September 18, 2013
As an 8th grader, I don't mind this place. But sometimes kids swear, and teachers hear it and do nothing. Also, they only take action if you ask them.

Posted December 13, 2011
School here is awesome!! And I'm just a sixth grader. Everyone (well most) of the teachers here are super nice. Especially the counselors, Mrs. Herbert and Mrs. Felt. Our principal, Mrs. Danilson, is super nice. Everyone gives you support and it's fun learning here at JM.

Joaquin Moraga Intermediate School 0

Posted March 25, 2009
Hey, I'm only in 6th grade, and I love school. It's like I'm in my element and it's fun to learn at J.M.

Posted March 06, 2009
This school was wonderful in helping my son mature. There are indeed rules but for the most part the rules are not unreasonable or onerous. The teachers help the students learn to handle increasing responsibility for their own performance. Their student counselor is wonderfully supportive in helping children over rough spots with school (or life). My only wish was that there was a GATE program.

Posted March 05, 2009
I love Joaquin Moraga Intermediate school. I loved that the faculty and staff have gone to great lengths to stress academics, responsibility and friendship amoung the children. Both of my children were throughly prepared for HS and have excelled in their academics-A+and sports. Yes, there are rules, as with any school. The emphasis is placed on learning, not fashion moments or social agenda's. What my children have taken away from this school is their confidence in their academics skill, the love for the arts, heathy sports involvement and socially well adapted to succeed in H.S.

Posted January 05, 2009

Joaquin Moraga Intermediate School 1

Posted December 16, 2008
We moved to Moraga in July of 2007 because everyone we talked to raved about the schools. We moved out of Moraga 9 months later because of the poor schooling there.

Joaquin Moraga Intermediate School
1010 Camino Pablo, Moraga, CA  94556
Last modified Joaquin Moraga Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joaquin Moraga Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top