Bad
Good

Good school overall. As an 8th grader, going to Campolindo Highschool next year, I believe that they prepare you well enough. However, their new English teachers seem to have no understanding of the material at all! It worries me that I will be at one of the hardest schools in the state next year. I suggest that new English teachers are hired, ones that don't teach 6th grade material. Also, the community we are placed in has a very set, gender-role given society. It is hard to thrive as a girl who doesn't dance or play sports. Very closed-off, homophobic community.and one more thing- I definitely know many who do not have this amount, but I have 3-5 hours of homework every night. As an actress, I have a very complex schedule all the time, so that is a huge problem. Overall okay school, really excels academically. The school goes around 2x faster than any other. Good school.

We just move in Moraga last June from the City. One of my kid goes to JM now, only been few months. What a wonderful school in Moraga. my son got so much support from all the teachers, they are giving him tutoring one by one, and picking books for him to reads and playing lot of sport that he likes. he feels so great of himself in JM. Thank You to all the teachers!!!!

Ooooh. No GATE. Gee, both my kids went to Rheem and Campo. Average students, I thought. Then both breezed through UC in three years. You know, graduating before they were legally able to drink. Unlike their cousin, who *was* in GATE. And is now 30 years old, unemployed, on probation, and living in his mommy's basement. Yeah. Don't go to Moraga public schools.

This is a very closed community with a very specific agenda. Not sure if this school is a great environment for kids to learn in. It depends on your issues and your needs. Parent involvement is from the same 5 parents in the community that have been here since day 1. Not that parents have tried they are just discouraged from doing so. That will take away from the game plan of the chosen few. The teachers are really trying but they are limited with the tools they have. Not to mention the rules and what boxes they need to check. The principal is not an active force with this school and the assistant principal is a great puppet that has no substance. If your child has special needs, then you would be best served in another community.

As an 8th grader, I don't mind this place. But sometimes kids swear, and teachers hear it and do nothing. Also, they only take action if you ask them.

School here is awesome!! And I'm just a sixth grader. Everyone (well most) of the teachers here are super nice. Especially the counselors, Mrs. Herbert and Mrs. Felt. Our principal, Mrs. Danilson, is super nice. Everyone gives you support and it's fun learning here at JM.

Hey, I'm only in 6th grade, and I love school. It's like I'm in my element and it's fun to learn at J.M.

This school was wonderful in helping my son mature. There are indeed rules but for the most part the rules are not unreasonable or onerous. The teachers help the students learn to handle increasing responsibility for their own performance. Their student counselor is wonderfully supportive in helping children over rough spots with school (or life). My only wish was that there was a GATE program.

I love Joaquin Moraga Intermediate school. I loved that the faculty and staff have gone to great lengths to stress academics, responsibility and friendship amoung the children. Both of my children were throughly prepared for HS and have excelled in their academics-A+and sports. Yes, there are rules, as with any school. The emphasis is placed on learning, not fashion moments or social agenda's. What my children have taken away from this school is their confidence in their academics skill, the love for the arts, heathy sports involvement and socially well adapted to succeed in H.S.

We moved to Moraga in July of 2007 because everyone we talked to raved about the schools. We moved out of Moraga 9 months later because of the poor schooling there.

Last modified Joaquin Moraga Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.