Posted November 17, 2014
The best thing that I can say about Rheem is that it has a very nice campus. Aside from that, I have been very disappointed with the administration at the school. The principal and office staff are extremely rude in dealing with parents. I have experienced this myself and have hear other parents complain about the same thing. I do not feel that they truly have the student's best interest at heart. If you have the choice to send your child to another school in the Moraga School District I highly recommend it.

Posted October 24, 2014
Our son is pretty capable. He was in 1st grade before transfer to Rheem. I called to the office before I moved, they said they could place my son in either 1st grade or Kindergarten according to our preference. But, the principle disregards parents opinion, teachers assessment, comments from previous school, she simply put him in K based on the age. The teachers are unable to give separate material to gifted kids. They are learning nothing from the school and get bored. The principle is pretty rude comparing with other schools we went. Talked with several parents in the school, they are not happy with the principle and some of the teachers neither. we didn t do a thorough investigation before we came, too late to move out or transfer to a private. Has to wait until next year. Recommend the new parents to talk with the school parents, don t just look at the test score or API to decide where to put your kids.

Donald L. Rheem Elementary School 3

Posted February 09, 2013
As a parent I want my children to have great schooling. I am very fond on Ronald Rheem but at 2nd grade I decided to move my child to Head Royce. My son says he misses Rheem and his old friends but likes his new friends. We also live on the opposite side of MORAGA in Sanders Ranch but had lived on Asot Drive for a few months. I love Rheem and so does my eldest child. I love Rheem but some of the kids scare us and that's when we went to Head Royce. The schools principal is about 5 stars but not quite as I have been to every assembly. The parent involve ment is incredibly low because about 90% of the kids have working parents living in town houses.

Posted February 04, 2012
We feel very lucky to have our son at this school. The principal is an inspiration to both pupils and teachers alike. Parental involvement is very high and as such the school feels like a real community.

Posted March 06, 2011
The principal here is inspiring. I wish she could be CEO at the company I work for - we'd get a lot more done and have more fun at it. The teachers are committed, smart, and caring. My son has been there since kindergarten and has thrived. I could not buy him a better education at any private school!

Posted September 15, 2009
Rheem is a awesome school! The parent involvment is outstanding. It feels like a big family where everyone takes part in educating our children. The staff is extremely involved and the level of communication is very high. We moved to Moraga primarily for the schools and are not disappointed.

Posted December 16, 2008
We moved to Moraga specifically to the Donald Rheem catchment area in July of 2007 because everyone we talked to raved about the schools. We moved out of moraga 9 months later because of the poor schooling.

Donald L. Rheem Elementary School 0

Posted December 16, 2008
We like Rheem a lot -- they have a very active principal, great teachers, excellent staff in general. However I find it hard to see that there is so little time for kids to eat -- snack time and lunch are tremendously short and are not good examples of how to eat properly (most kids will skip eating or eat very fast in order to be able to play). Serving a big & nutritious breakfast at home, I find, is not enough (I hear the same from other parents, too)--after three hours kids will go hungry no matter what. I wish the school would pay more attention to that specific issue and not only teach kids about the importance of eating properly, at the right times and correctly (without rushing) but also make it happen at school. After all, eating is an essential part of life and of who we are.

Posted August 31, 2008
Approach to parent / school communication is fantastic. Very welcoming to new students and high percentage of parents involved/volunteer.

Posted July 26, 2008

Donald L. Rheem Elementary School
90 Laird Drive, Moraga, CA  94556
Last modified Donald L. Rheem Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Donald L. Rheem Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top