K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 30, 2015
I have been blown away in watching how the students treat each other. Instead of the bullying that you read about taking place in other schools, I have seen first hand how these students bring that "wounded" student into their midst and build friendships. Awesome!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 30, 2015
The honesty, integrity, and fairness comes from the staff (teachers and management) all being Christ centered in their values...

Calvary Chapel Christian 5

Posted December 30, 2015
I'm a father of 4 children. My 3 sons have graduated, all having attended kindergarten thru 12th grade at Calvary Chapel Christian School. My youngest, a daughter, is a senior there now, and she too will be graduating this June (She was just recently accepted with a Dean's List scholarship to two different colleges, Biola and CBSU). Having said all of that, trust me when I say that I know this school more most. This school is well managed, WASC accredited, and has some of the best and most wonderful teachers that you'll ever meet. Unlike some of the public schools that I read about, these teachers actually take a warm-hearted interest in the well being of your child. Just as Kenyon Barner, the running back of the Philadelphia Eagles, answered when asked what contributed to his success, we too give Calvary Chapel Christian School a lot of the credit for the success of our children. My wife and I are the blessed parents of 4 great kids that make us proud.

Calvary Chapel Christian 2

Posted November 08, 2012
My student had an awesome Kindergarten year! The teacher was very caring and supportive of his unusual home life (being raised by grandparents). However, his first grade year was a disaster! Unfair treatment, incompetent staff, etc. After just 7 weeks into the school year, I was told to withdraw him, or he would have an expulsion on his record! What happened to the other child involved?...NOTHING!! I am now homeschooling him to get him caught up on his self esteem and reading skills!

Posted October 21, 2011
My daughter attended an exclusive secular private school, in the San Fernando Valley, from pre-K through sixth grade, then seventh grade at a "good" public school in Moreno Valley and came here in the eighth grade and is now a junior. The quality of everything at her first school was was truly top notch, though if it weren't for a scholarship, she'd never have been able to attend,as the tuition was in the 4 digits/ month. The M.V. public school was a frightening experience. Some of the staff was more self-absorbed and petty than the students and the social envirenment reminded me of my college experience, not middle school (having sex and doing drugs were major talking points). Then there were the young upcoming thugs and junior gangsters trying to assert themselves, which it seemed as though the school did little about. Coming to CCCS was a return to school as I knew it. When someone is out of line, as soon as word gets out, it's dealt with, in a firm but loving manner. Also, I've read that some people claim that their child was put at an educational disadvantage here, but I believe that a look at the school's record in national testing will dispell that.

Posted July 14, 2011
My child attended this school for four years. She was considered an advanced student based upon their initial assessment and made the prinicipal's honor roll. I removed her due to the methods the school chose to use to address behavior problems and bullying. They ignored it until forced to deal with it after several requests of intervention. They lacked enough supervision on the play ground . Upon entering another school (public), my child was considered behind and required tutors to catch up, although she was considered advanced at Calvary. Unfortunately, a great deal of coaching and priming prior to and after testing (through retesting) was given in order to ensure the classroom grades reflected well on teachers as opposed to the students' true potential. Parent involvement was not encouraged beyond fundraising. Teachers were often overheard discussing confidential student information with a parent while other parents were nearby. Their strength is the casual/intimate environment, they know names. But after school as parents pick up younger students, both would be exposed to the inappropiate language and clothing of the older students that hung out in the quad after school.

Posted March 09, 2011
My son went there from k-4; we took him out of the school during Christmas Break his 4th grade year. The teachers don't have to be credentialed and that was a real struggle for me. We had some teachers we loved but we had some that we weren't impressed with at all. He was for the most part a straight A kid and when I asked for help in math after he had a low score on a test his teacher told me that she charged $30 an hour for tutoring. That wasn t' the only issue - he had to do a formal apology for something he didn t do (he wasn t even in school at the time - he was at the dentist) He told the teachers and the principal this the following day but he was still made to apologize - and all this was done without a phone call to me. The older kids were some pretty skimpy clothing for a Christian School and the language after school isn't what I'd expect from a private school. I don't regret taking him out and putting him in the public school system - in fact he had to play catch up on several subjects - which was very surprising to me since he was always in honor roll at Calvary Chapel.

Posted May 09, 2010
I started attending this school in third grade and absolutely loved it...until sixth grade. The staff changed over the summer and the school became a sort of disaster. It was a great school of education in Christ and regular schooling classes until changes were made. Good teachers were cut and inexperienced ones replaced them. They try to make the school better, but money is wasted on useless projects rather than promised improvements.

Posted August 06, 2009
My son started CCCS in 6th grade and he loves it, has strong academics and a christian enviroment. We put our daughter there for Kindergarten, she had the best teacher, wonderful learning enviroment. Adminstrators seem to hire family so a lot of relatives on staff, most of the staff very friendly.

Posted February 15, 2009
Stong academics in a Christian environmnet. This school has a very dedicated and loving staff. The core curriculum is rigorous, on/above par with state standards. Extra-curricular and childcare are a real plus. My child is in her 5th year at CCCS and I think God for leading us here.

11960 Pettit Street, Moreno Valley, CA  92555
Last modified Calvary Chapel Christian is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Calvary Chapel Christian Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top