Calvary Chapel Christian 2

Posted November 08, 2012
My student had an awesome Kindergarten year! The teacher was very caring and supportive of his unusual home life (being raised by grandparents). However, his first grade year was a disaster! Unfair treatment, incompetent staff, etc. After just 7 weeks into the school year, I was told to withdraw him, or he would have an expulsion on his record! What happened to the other child involved?...NOTHING!! I am now homeschooling him to get him caught up on his self esteem and reading skills!

Posted October 21, 2011
My daughter attended an exclusive secular private school, in the San Fernando Valley, from pre-K through sixth grade, then seventh grade at a "good" public school in Moreno Valley and came here in the eighth grade and is now a junior. The quality of everything at her first school was was truly top notch, though if it weren't for a scholarship, she'd never have been able to attend,as the tuition was in the 4 digits/ month. The M.V. public school was a frightening experience. Some of the staff was more self-absorbed and petty than the students and the social envirenment reminded me of my college experience, not middle school (having sex and doing drugs were major talking points). Then there were the young upcoming thugs and junior gangsters trying to assert themselves, which it seemed as though the school did little about. Coming to CCCS was a return to school as I knew it. When someone is out of line, as soon as word gets out, it's dealt with, in a firm but loving manner. Also, I've read that some people claim that their child was put at an educational disadvantage here, but I believe that a look at the school's record in national testing will dispell that.

Posted July 14, 2011
My child attended this school for four years. She was considered an advanced student based upon their initial assessment and made the prinicipal's honor roll. I removed her due to the methods the school chose to use to address behavior problems and bullying. They ignored it until forced to deal with it after several requests of intervention. They lacked enough supervision on the play ground . Upon entering another school (public), my child was considered behind and required tutors to catch up, although she was considered advanced at Calvary. Unfortunately, a great deal of coaching and priming prior to and after testing (through retesting) was given in order to ensure the classroom grades reflected well on teachers as opposed to the students' true potential. Parent involvement was not encouraged beyond fundraising. Teachers were often overheard discussing confidential student information with a parent while other parents were nearby. Their strength is the casual/intimate environment, they know names. But after school as parents pick up younger students, both would be exposed to the inappropiate language and clothing of the older students that hung out in the quad after school.

Posted March 09, 2011
My son went there from k-4; we took him out of the school during Christmas Break his 4th grade year. The teachers don't have to be credentialed and that was a real struggle for me. We had some teachers we loved but we had some that we weren't impressed with at all. He was for the most part a straight A kid and when I asked for help in math after he had a low score on a test his teacher told me that she charged $30 an hour for tutoring. That wasn t' the only issue - he had to do a formal apology for something he didn t do (he wasn t even in school at the time - he was at the dentist) He told the teachers and the principal this the following day but he was still made to apologize - and all this was done without a phone call to me. The older kids were some pretty skimpy clothing for a Christian School and the language after school isn't what I'd expect from a private school. I don't regret taking him out and putting him in the public school system - in fact he had to play catch up on several subjects - which was very surprising to me since he was always in honor roll at Calvary Chapel.

Posted May 09, 2010
I started attending this school in third grade and absolutely loved it...until sixth grade. The staff changed over the summer and the school became a sort of disaster. It was a great school of education in Christ and regular schooling classes until changes were made. Good teachers were cut and inexperienced ones replaced them. They try to make the school better, but money is wasted on useless projects rather than promised improvements.

Posted August 06, 2009
My son started CCCS in 6th grade and he loves it, has strong academics and a christian enviroment. We put our daughter there for Kindergarten, she had the best teacher, wonderful learning enviroment. Adminstrators seem to hire family so a lot of relatives on staff, most of the staff very friendly.

Posted February 15, 2009
Stong academics in a Christian environmnet. This school has a very dedicated and loving staff. The core curriculum is rigorous, on/above par with state standards. Extra-curricular and childcare are a real plus. My child is in her 5th year at CCCS and I think God for leading us here.

Posted January 09, 2009
My child has been attending CCC since she started in Kindergarden. Every teachers she has had has been nurturing and build her confidence in a way that she is become a great student and enjoys going to school everyday. I am so very blessed to have teachers and a school that has a primary focus on the education and building the character of a child.

Posted December 16, 2008

Posted October 07, 2008
This is truely a GREAT school. We were welcomed by the entire administrative staff and given a tour by the principal. My son was introduced to the 3rd grade teachers after his assessment test. I was very impressed with the enrollment process. The first day of school my son's teacher held his hand as they walked from the playground to class (awe moment for me). Most important and impressive is the importance of Christ in the class and school. My son is growing spiritually and that is essential. He has made friends right away and adjusted to the new school very smoothly. I was provided with a pin for the school website where I can get assignments and grades. This is a great communication tool and I get emails as soon as my son's grades are posted. Love it! Monique Jackson

Calvary Chapel Christian
11960 Pettit Street, Moreno Valley, CA  92555
Last modified Calvary Chapel Christian is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Calvary Chapel Christian Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top