Posted August 14, 2014
I do not recommend this school for anyone! For starters there are to many kids at school which causes the kids to not get the attention an help that they deserve. Second, most of the teachers don't even teach. They just hand out a worksheet and tell you to do it on your own while they sit at their desks all day. The kids there are extremely rude an disrespectful. The only fully accepting program at that school is theatre. The theatre program is one of the best if not the best programs at this school. Ms. Dieffenbacher does an amazing job to make all the kids feel comfortable and feel accepted as if its one big family.

Canyon Springs High School 3

Posted August 12, 2014
I must agree with some parents this is not the best school but also not the least. Thank god finally my son graduates this year but he did always complain about some teachers he had especially the one that puts movies in class instead of teaching! no need for names I'm sure he knows who he is.

Posted August 05, 2014
I attended Canyon in the 90's and now my daughter is a cougar. I love my school then and still love it now. All school have room for improvement, but the teachers and staff are there to help whenever you need them.

Canyon Springs High School 4

Posted June 24, 2014
I attend this school and to be quite honest, it's not that bad. It's really just the people. First off, most of the teachers/staff here do not care at all for the students. Heck, all they have to do is hand out a worksheet they didn't teach about and get paid. I feel as though we need new staff. Along with this, we need higher standards (2.5 GPAs to pass instead of 2.0 GPAs) and stricter teachers. Walking out of a class is suddenly "O.K.", where are the adults in the school? The only thing really great about the school is the girls basketball team (which I heard win state championships a lot) but other than that, this school just needs better teachers, staff, security, standards, etc. It's mainly just the students who are wild partially due to no rules in the school. This school deserves to be a 4/5 star school due to about 4 teachers that I have met that have impacted this school incredibly with their dedication and passions (Beaman, Jackowski, etc.)

Posted May 30, 2013
This school is known in the community for its team spirit and artistic talents. 2011 A new Superintendent (Dr. Judy White) came in and made some amazing changes, all of Moreno Valley schools are soaring now.

Posted October 23, 2012
My son is a 10th grader that was struggling in some subjects; I attempted to get ahold of one of the teachers to gain some understanding on the areas my son needed help. I emailed his teacher with no response after 3 days, I then decided to send a follow up email with no response. I finally contacted his counselor to verify the teaches email address which was correct; 2 weeks had passed since my initial email. I then hired a tutor that could assist my son some in the areas needed; I still had not heard from the teacher at this point. Before I go any further let me say that I realize not all educators are nonchalant about whether their students actually grasp concepts or not. But at the end of the day, these other uncaring individuals that call themselves "educators" are out there, and they are easy to spot. When you have parents such as myself who are willing to go above and beyond to get their child the tools to succeed it is extremely frustrating to see that the teachers that we entrust our children too are not willing to do the same. Very disappointed in the education at Canyon and the nonchalant attitude from the staff.

Posted July 19, 2012
I am not very pleased with this school. My daughter went there for three years and my son for the 9th grade and he will not be returning. Teachers don't communicate with parents if kids are having problems or failing, not all the teachers keep the infinite campus tool up do date or even put grades in it at all. This is a great tool for parents if teachers would just use it properly. The classroom sizes are too large these days and students don't get the proper attention they need. If your child is not a genius and tracking with every assignment, they will be left behind or just passed with a "D" so they're not left behind. Why do schools put out dress codes if no one at the school enforces them? I did my part in making sure my daughter left the house in appropriate attire, but she was able to change at school into short shorts and never got sent home and I never got a call or email about it. This is probably just one of the schools that is conforming to this world and just accepting everything just so no one has to put their foot down and stand up for what is right for these kids whether the kids like it or not.

Canyon Springs High School 4

Posted June 30, 2010
Please excuse the typo. That last post was supposed to read, "This is a really great school at which to teach." Just goes to show, teachers should practice what we preach: "Proof read your work!"

Posted January 20, 2010

Canyon Springs High School 0

Posted January 13, 2010
i Love this school, the teachers are friendly and i've made a lot of new friends already it's only my freshman year and i really like it

Canyon Springs High School
23100 Cougar Canyon Drive, Moreno Valley, CA  92557
Last modified Canyon Springs High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canyon Springs High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top