Moreno Valley, CA
Students enrolled: 1,150

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Landmark Middle School is a wonderful institution that has great teachers, great programs, and a strong college-going culture. It is the recipient of the nationally recognized "Schools to Watch" distinction and the recipient of the Riverside County "Models of Excellence" award.
March 28, 2015

Posted March 27, 2015
Landmark is the best school in the area. I have had several children attend the school and I have seen it improve over the last few years. Teachers and administrators really seem to care about kids. The school's facilities are beautiful. They have an outstanding band and choir. My youngest was in their MESA class which is a STEM class and he really enjoyed it. I would recommend this school to anybody.

Posted March 27, 2015
I love Dr. Dudek, the principal of Landmark. She helped my child with her schedule and took care of a concern I had with another student. My daughter also has some great teachers. She especially loves the band director, Mr. Weeks. I was there last year when the school received the Schools to Watch award and all of the students were so well behaved and proud of their school.

Posted October 24, 2014
This school has no inside gym which hello we live in the valley where temps soar to 100 degrees, no sports activities for kids to get into, and staff is the worst . I'm sorry I'm a very positive person my son has received good grades and even an academic excellence award. However he gets referrals for defending himself against rowdy kids. May I say there are many rowdy and disorderly kids screaming and acting ridiculous when I've picked him up from school. There are definitely racial issues in this school. It seems as though Hispanics get the short end of the stick at landmark.

Posted February 10, 2013
Worst school in Moreno Valley, California. Do not ever attend. You will regret it, trust me.

Posted January 16, 2013
I love landmark they have great teachers teaching and activities.l go to landmark and I am doing great. I understand my teachers the are the best teachers I ever had. They teach with very good explanations. They also have awesome clubs. I love there exploratory classes. Our principal is the best. He is a great leader. They do have challenging academics. This school is helping me great smarter and have great responsibility with our grades. I am doing better in middle school than I did I elementary. Have landmark to thank for that.

Landmark Middle School 4

Posted January 22, 2012
I've been a student here since the 6th grade. I'm now in the 8th, getting ready for high school. I think this is a good school, despite what others might say. Yes, sometimes teachers give too many assingments but if a student doesn't try, the teachers shouldnt be blamed. I've had mostly straight A's here and i couldn't have asked for anything more.

Posted June 25, 2009
My observation of Landmark is this: the teachers give far too much homeowrk, they call the parents far too often about behavior issues, childrens lack of respect, and they push the kids far past the kid's potential. The teachers demand that students serve a consequence for not completing homework. After just one offence, the teachers kick the students out of the classroom. The vice principals know far too many students by character descriptions.

Posted May 27, 2009
it would be helpful to have a strong principle in this school! we have has a very weak principle and now we have none. It is very dissapointing to see the attitudes that some of this staff has. Also very dissapointing is the actions that are taken when a parent voices concern regarding staff. Very discouraging!! stop blamming the kids and the homes. Parents like myself can only do so much but once the child goes to school it is up to the staff to be strong and remember what they sre there to do TEACH!! School lacks this ability.

Landmark Middle School 4

Posted October 20, 2008

Landmark Middle School 3

Posted October 16, 2008
Most of the kids in our neighborhood attend Landmark as well as my own child. I am an active parent.Unfortunately the lack of funding for the school and the teachers, tend to fall on the students. Most of the time you will get out of the students the effort you put in. Some of the teachers dont feel the need to try so the students do not try. Landmark did not rate in the top 25 of riverside county schools. (msn 8-08) There are several fights after school and a hostile attitude amoung many of the students.Discipline starts at home & in the past few weeks there have been numerous fights esp. amoung the girls.It is never ok for kids to beat up another.Just kid stuff gets out of hand and it has to stop with the parents being involved in all areas of their childs life

Landmark Middle School
15261 Legendary Drive, Moreno Valley, CA  92555
Last modified Landmark Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Landmark Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top