Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

daughter graduating this year with all honor classes hope she get to USC her dream school

love how staff worked there way up on every single school skill and receive last year a Silver Medal from state on one of best school on area. one of kids graduated 2015 with honors and is now in University they have the biggest AVID CLASS in whole Riverside County

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

love all teaching staff they work very good with students and parents always available to talk when you need them

I graduated from here, my parents graduated from and met here, my cousin and aunt graduated from here, my sister just graduated and two more of my siblings are currently attending. My family bleeds blue and gold. This school always gets a bad rap which I don't understand. All school have their issues; that goes without say. The majority of the staff and teachers are helpful, friendly and dedicate so much of free time to their students. Most of the time, students fail because they don't want to ask for help. Granted, every school has teachers that aren't too great but overall Moreno Valley is wonderful. Not to mention we have an amazing AVID program and some of the most brilliant English teachers in existence.

My daughters school( Moreno Valley High School ) is rising once again. There are more students who care about our campus, teachers, and our fellow self's. The campus looks very sanitary, students appreciate more of what the teachers and staff have to offer. I'm happy to say that my daughter learned more than I ever imagined! She also had no neglect ions towards the teachers. All of the staff, teachers, counselors, and the principle put SO much effort into helping their students with basically anything. I'm always seeing happy faces around Moval high , a very warming welcome. Thank you to everyone who's a part of this school. Moreno Valley High School ROCKS!!

Moreno Valley High School is wonderful. Some of the most caring staff I have ever worked with. The majority of the MVHS staff genuinely cares for these students. As a graduate of this school in 1999, I have nothing but positive comments. Wonderful Administration, very knowledgable Counselors and teachers. Like every other high school in America, there are "bad" students that lack drive and discipline. They don't mix well with the driven students... Like at EVERY school. The class of 2013 earned over $3 million in scholarships. The MVHS AVID program is a National Demonstration program, which means other schools in America are modeled after ours. MVHS also has a top ranked Ballet Folklorico program and an up and coming Band program. This school gets many transfers within the district from students who are very strong in Academics. Overall, MVHS is a safe and education-minded high school. I recommend this school to any student who wants a great education. We often call MVHS "The best kept secret in the Inland Empire."

I find it funny that a parent will blame a school or other students for sending their child to jail for life, as a parent, did you not play a part in raising your child? Do you not take any accountability for your own child? You obviously had no influence on your child. I feel that is the problem with parents, it's so easy to blame 'others' rather than be a parent and take some responsibility for their own children. Show up at school once and awhile and be an active parent in your child's education!! To the person who stated they 'fled' out of Moreno Valley, dramatic much??

This school is known for its outstanding AVID program and creative musical talents. Thumbs up for this school.

After having lived in that city 20 years we fled, and fled the State to a city with a school that is consistently rated 9-10 out of 10. Teachers at MVHS and Sunnymead MS are obnoxious, incompetent and running amok without leadership. It is STILL a family joke 8 years later when we need to describe a person with no respect for society or education that we refer to them as a Mr. Moreno.

My son is a student at MV High School and is a 2012 graduate. "Super Ghetto" No! I don't think so, at least this is my opinion. The teachers were great, the staff were great and very helpful. We never had a problem. During football season we visited other schools in Moreno Valley and Riverside, and after each visit, I was glad he went to MV High School. Parent involvement was lacking - but other than that, I was happy with the school. No school is perfect.

Last modified Moreno Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.