Moreno Valley, CA

Valley View High School 1

Posted July 15, 2014
My child was straight 'A' and a good child. . VVHS is one of MVUSD best school. However, I pulled my child. She is in charter school now, and doing great!

Posted April 05, 2014
Valley View High School is a very unique high school. I enjoy attending it as well as others. For its small size, students have great spirit. Our football and basketball games have great support from the students. We also have a variety of clubs to join, which allows the students to interact with each other and make friendships. Academically we are strong in our district. We could be stronger if students work harder. We have great teachers, offer AP courses, and offer tutoring. However, with all the positives there are areas of improvement. Our school is small, so I feel it can expand to give the students more space on campus. The lunch is not the best and can improve if we get better food. I don't eat school lunch. Our technology is up to date, but we don't have any e readers or tablets like other schools do. If we can get them, we can improve our education. Also our football field need renovation as well as our cafeteria. It also won't hurt to fund our sports programs a little more, but we don't have the money. If our school is able to win this $5,000 it will only mean great achievements. It will improve the education of many students and can transform their lives.

Posted September 22, 2013
Valley Is a good school. It's not exactly fantastic in reference to behavior, or economic surplus (or even stability) but as a student, i can still say that it's a grand place. The teachers are committed to the class, and don't easily give up. they can tell who does and doesn't care about learning or going someplace in life, and make sure to not let ne'er-do-wells drag down the rest. I'm a little sad that i have to leave them this year, but I'm negotiating with my parents to let me finish the year before moving to Ohio. The AHA program is really good, and the Honors program prioritizes the right people. The kids sometimes have a bad rep as a bunch of no-good cholos, but for the most part, they're all good people... Goodbye Valley... I'll miss you.

Posted March 10, 2013
Probably the best you're going to get in Moreno Valley. Great campus. We live just across the street and have had two students so far here with two more to attend here in the future.

Posted July 11, 2012
i went to valley laste year.this is a good school if your kids are willing to put in work and try hard if not the teachers will just give up on you and keep on moving on with no problem.the portfolio is just another way for the teachers to make sure your doing your work but at the same time if you didnt do that assignment that has to be in your portfolio you would fail english which happend to me.i believe if you cild is an AP student then that school will be a breeze to the.if not you cild will struggle but they might make it at the same time.the teachers are pretty decent they have alot of clubs and they support all of the sports to the fullest and all of the clubs to the fullest.

Valley View High School 2

Posted May 31, 2012
Science department refuses to update their curricullum. The new textbooks sit on the counter and are not used. This makes it impossible to help the student or hire a tutor, since there is no relevent reference material available. Test and intstruction cover a fraction of multiple chapters in order to match past textbooks and old lessons. Students are just confused and frustrated. Hopefully your student will go on to college and realize it was not them, but the poor instruction and assesment. Unfortunatly they will start behind their peers and may not have the grades required to get into a UC. Even worse, they may not believe that they have the ability to go on to a university.

Posted August 30, 2010
I am a Vally View graduate and now my son is a freshman. I am very excited to have him going to the same school I did. Valley View has always been a tough school on academics and discipline. There are always a few teachers and/ or staff that have lost their enthusiasm for doing their job but as a whole their are so excellent people at Valley View. Most want to see your child succeed. I believe the senior projects and portfolios are preparing students for college. Term papers are ususally a huge portion of their grade and they won't pass the class if not completed or their College Thesis. So hopefully your student rises to the challenge and graduates from Valley and goes on to College. Don't forget parents you are the biggest influence in your childs life and if you think it's too hard so will they!

Valley View High School 2

Posted June 26, 2010
This school has teachers there that are so old they should not be teaching. Teachers refuse to try different ways to teach students. It is either the student gets it and if not lets keep going. The admin will not help students until it is too late to bring up grades even after parents have asked for help. My son was a freshman and I am transfering him to another school. Also the portfolio and senior project is just another area where teachers can degrade students who have trouble with writing. My son's first english teacher put him down enfront of all the students in his class. Wow that helps students learn. I would not choose this school for any child not an AP student.

Posted May 06, 2010
I transferred from Vista Del Lago to here, and wow is there a difference! The teachers are great. The only disadvantage of this school is its age. A lot of the door handles broken, but its cool with me.

Posted August 13, 2009

Valley View High School
13135 Nason Street, Moreno Valley, CA  92555
Last modified Valley View High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley View High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top