Moreno Valley, CA
Students enrolled: 3,233

Posted December 08, 2014
Excellent Band and Chorus in Riverside County I'm very pleased with Rancho Verde H.S teachers. Very Good, for me The Best! *****

Rancho Verde High School 1

Posted April 15, 2013
my school has an amazing academic teachings. and is great to go to for sports.

Posted May 04, 2012
I graduated from Rancho and I am now an employee at the school. I think Rancho is the best high school in the area, and I mean this from a student's perspective and a staff perspective. When I was a student, the teachers were helpful and I received a good education while in school and received the necessary guidance I needed to go to college. In the end, it was MY responsibility to work hard in school & plan for my future and I take ownership of that. If a student does not succeed because of his/her poor choices, the school is not to blame, but rather the student. Teachers/staff at Rancho were there when I needed them back in my days. Today, teachers/staff go above and beyond for students! They have the necessary guidance from their counselors, guidance techs & teachers. We go out of our way to encourage students in their education and to pursue higher learning. Rancho was a great school when I attended and now it is an even better school with wonderful programs and opportunities for students. In a nutshell, Rancho is EXCELLENT!

Posted August 16, 2010
I'm a recent alumni of RVHS. I enjoyed my 4 years at Rancho. For the most part, the teachers are awesome. I loved some of my AP classes which helped me determine my major in college. AVID is highly stressed for those who want to go to college and the College and Career Center will help students achieve their goal of attending college. Overall, I found some of my classes challenging, but I do have to agree with some of the other reviewers - scheduling is a nightmare and hexads suck. The school isn't all that overcrowded. It makes for a more spirited environment where students can thrive in co-cirrcular and extra-cirrcular activities and sports. Overall, I love Rancho and will miss it dearly!

Posted July 16, 2010
Excellent teachers, AVID National Demonstration School, tutoring available for children needing help, balanced focus on academic programs AND sports, new principal in 09-10 school year started "Principal's Honor Roll". We have two teens here, and have been so impressed with their teachers; email communication is fantastic between parents and teachers, and parents are able to check grades, homework, attendance, absences, missing assignments, test scores, etc online with the click of a few buttons. We bought our house specifically in our neighborhood so our kids would be in this school zone, and we're happy we did.

Posted March 28, 2010
im a freshmen at this great high school and think its great. i really like the RV Scholars program they have provided to me. This Program really challenges me and allows me to get a better education than other students ( other students still get great educations here). Also the music program is amazing. We got 8th place in SCSBOA in the 5A division and 11th place in WBA in the 4A division. Even though this school is great for me I it is ridiculously overcrowded. Another issue is the districts lack of financial support for this school and its programs. This year the band only got three thousand dollars for its budget. We spent almost 120,000 dollars a year. Finally the teachers are great for AP and Honors level classes but are not strong in normal classes.

Rancho Verde High School 0

Posted November 25, 2009
This is the best high school because they have great teachers that do care about students but also the students are the ones that have to put dedication to learn in a good environment..

Posted September 27, 2009
I have taught at Rancho Verde for 5 years. I love my job. I want to add a few things to your plate that might give a less prejudice view of the school. life is not perfect and sometimes things don't go as smoothly as possible for example schedules that are handed out to a student population of 3200 students is not that easy. traffic that entails the dropping off of 3200 students that is cleared within 20 minutes. Another posting mentioned testing well has anyone looked at how are yearly API and AYP have changed the community. Students need to own up to their job and parents need to support this. I am personally appalled by many students and parents idea of being ready for school. It's not just coming to school its really doing your job at being a good student not just warming the seat.

Rancho Verde High School 0

Posted September 03, 2009
This school is over crowded, they keep changing my sons schedule how is he suppose to learn in this envoriment they need to have some kind of traffic control police officers or something my son is always late and we leave a half hour early and we live down the street it is like a free for all out there the teachers arent very good either

Posted September 02, 2009

Rancho Verde High School
17750 Lasselle Street, Moreno Valley, CA  92551
Last modified Rancho Verde High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rancho Verde High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top