Victoriano Elementary School

Public | K-5

Living in Moreno Valley

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $142,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,490.

Posted June 30, 2014

My daughter attended kindergarten here as we'll for the school year 2013-2014. Her academic progress was great! I commend the school when it comes to academic achievements, professionalism and friendliness of the staff. However, I'm giving it 3 stars because just like what the other parent said, there was no ceremony & field trips for the little ones. Additionally, I think there was not enough art works done by them. I was thinking then if it was really like this in kindergarten. I missed my daughter's preschool when she would take home tons of cute artworks & they also had 5 field trips during the year. In addition, there were about 5 other programs where parents can participate. It was really expensive because parent volunteers drove the kids to the field trip sites. They had a preschool ceremony which was nice. So I was thinking maybe it was like this in public since she went to catholic school in preschool. But since I saw the other parents review, I'm thinking maybe it's the school and not all kindergarten. I hope there will be more art projects, field trips and parent participation in the coming years. It would be great to complement the academic achievements of this school.

Posted May 21, 2014

I am a parent of a kindergartener in the school year 2013-2014 and I have learned with the school year wrapping up that there will be no ceremony, promotion, field trip, or a special event to congratulate our little ones on their great achievement. It's HORRIBLE to know that surrounding Elementary Schools are doing all three and our school is having an Award Assembly for reading, math etc.. What about the children who don't receive an award??? Now I don't understand why cant that time be for all students. My sons Pre-school had singing, certificates, and gave the children the opportunity to say what they wish to be when they grow up....I am so very disappointed in the school and I'm really questioning myself to enroll him for next year. If money is an issue, PTO are constantly having fundraisers and had one which ended at the beginning of the May. I along with 6 other parents are very saddened that this principal of just a few years isn't taking our little ones into consideration. I think in this day in age that it is very important that we congratulate our children and make them feel special for the great things they do. Please take this matter serious!!!

Posted May 2, 2014

Yes, I am a staff member however, I am not a teacher who just wants to brag. I cannot express well enough, the satisfaction I get from being a part of the Victoriano Family. It has been an academic success for the 9 years I have worked for the district. Those children fortunate enough to attend Victoriano are very lucky.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 30, 2014

My kids have gone to this school for two years now. We specifically moved into the neighborhood so they could attend this school. It deserves it's high rating. The staff is so friendly and amazing. The teachers are so involved and easy to talk with, always informed of student progress. They not only are teaching kids things that I wasn't learning at their age, but they put a huge emphasis on their character as well. They want kids to grow up to be good citizens, which is something that is lacking in many schools. The campus is safe and secured. It truly is the best school in the area.

Posted March 26, 2014

When looking for a home in the Riverside county I wanted to be sure my daughter would be able to convert to a new school with as much ease as possible. Being that she was already established at her previous school I knew by the ratings and comments on here this was the school for us.. Which meant we had to buy a home in it's district. I am so pleased with the academic prosperity here, that there is a gate program, and much involvement from everyone I've encountered. Even the free after school program is just as involved in the students academics, social skills as well as sportsmanship. This is absolutely the #1 school in the district. There is so mush parent involvement. Lots of on campus activities, just to keep us together in experience new things. There was a astrology crew that came out recently with their might huge and expensive telescopes and showed us Mars, Jupiter and more, there was no fee to get in just a good time plus education... This is just an idea of what Victoriano brings to the community and our children.

Posted August 8, 2013

I have two children, in first and third grades, at Victoriano Elementary School. I can not imagine having my children anywhere else. From my oldest child's first day in Kindergarten, Victoriano has made me and my children feel at home. Their curriculum and staff is top notch. Each year, my children's teachers have made me feel comfortable as well as informed about my children's progress. They literally have the best teachers who are caring, personable and interested in being the best they can be. The campus is a safe environment and the office staff is the most friendly and informative I have ever seen. Any questions or concerns I have ever had have been met with immediate response. I am thankful to be a part of the Victoriano family.

Posted May 13, 2011

haha i used to go here, before i went and moved to another school in texas for 6th grade..ect.. I went here for 1,4, 5 grade(s)! :D The rest of the other grades were in b.e.s This school was..okay i guess. though i don't know how much it's changed. maybe i'll visit when i'm older, and check out my old town. {: Momeries. lol~ To many police and playground guards for an elementary, my opinon. The truth, this school had to many bullies. but it's save...kinda. The teacher are sorta cruel. Some i liked alot....like one! xD I loved the luch ladies, so nice! ^^ But the food....uhhhh not so much. haha Hope this school changed for the better, good luck to all the kids who go here. the future is just ahead.

Posted May 9, 2010

The best school in Moreno Valley...I grew up here and came back so that my son can go to school where the education is valuable. He is going to attend 1st grade in the Fall and is already tested to be 1st grade ready with the assistance of the best Kindergarden teacher I have seen Ms Davidson , awesome instructor , she has never missed a beat , with my continued learning time at home and with her classroom teachings my child is very advanced and is ready to excell at this school. She has a learning method that keeps them learning and I am glad I chose Victoriano for my child. My youngest sibling attended years ago and he is a National Honor Society Student and in 10th grade. He is attending MIDDLE college at RCC and in 12th grade will have a AA degree with HS diploma.

Posted April 16, 2010

My son started second grade in Victriano & I will tell you is the best experience he had, all the teachers are great, now I have my other son in first grade and he loves it, specially the chocolate Sunday wednesday besides the great enviroment the confidence that the kids get is wonderfull,thank you to the great teachers you guys do such a great job along with all the staff.GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Posted January 26, 2010

I teach in this district and live within the Riverside USD boundry. I have my kids on a transfer to this school because of how great of a school it is. This is one of the best schools in the entire nation and has API scores and National Recognition to prove it. The state wants the API scores across teh board to be 800 and Victoriano has been over 900 consistantly since 2006! Great school!!!!!

Posted October 12, 2009

This is my sons first year at Victoriano Elementary and he just loves it. The teachers are great, the principal is very nice and participates in every school activity. I see my sons grades improving by a lot. He is student of the month and has very good grades! We are just happy here

Posted September 15, 2009

This school is awesome. 2006 california distingushed school, 2006 blue ribbon school. Not to mention it scored a rating of 9 last year with the highest being a 10 for its academic star testing results. Best rated elementary in the district also very ethnically diverse. I am more than happy to send my kindergartner, 1st grader, 4th grader and 5th grader to this school. Truly Awesome.

Posted September 6, 2008

I am so excited to be able to send my daughter to this school. She was in a private school that had her frustrated and going through burnout in the first grade--probably due to the 2 hours of homework a night. Now, she skips to school daily and absolutely loves her teacher. She is excited about reading every night. I love it!! The principal Aleksak is also wonderful and you often see him pitching in around the school.

Posted May 18, 2007

I absolutely love this School, The Principal Mr. Holland is great!! The best school in the District as far as I am concerned, the parents and the teachers really are involved with the students.

Posted September 15, 2005

As far as academicly victoriano sored in acheivement. There are many different sports to choose from like track in which they took first place in last year, softball, basketball,soccer ect. There is lots of parent envolvement and great teachers.

Posted August 4, 2005

Our second year and it was a great learning experience. Office staff is great. Overall this school is a great place to learn. A real improvement from last year.

Posted May 18, 2005

I have had nothing but pleasant surprises concerning Victoriano Elementary. My three children have been given great care and attention by the teachers. The school offers choir, various sports like basketball and soccer, gifted and talented programs, and separate special needs classes. In my experience, the staff has a very high level of expectation, but they back it up with good preparation and excellent teaching methods. The pricipal, Mr. Holland, is accessible, positive, and very professional. I was surprised about the good nutritional quality of the school lunches. They offer great choices like fresh fruit, and limit refined sugars and starches. Parent involvement is high, and the parents seem to be very engaged in the day-to-day business of the school and their children. The only knock I have against the school is the support staff (ie, playground duties.) They seem disconnected and impatient. All in all, I was very pleased with the entire package that Victoriano has to offer from it's well maintained grounds and exterior, to it's high energy and accessible principal, teachers, and parents. I feel extremely comfortable with this public school and all it has to offer.

Posted April 28, 2005

This school is a good school. It has alot of parent teacher involment. It has high expectations that make are kids better citizens in life.

Posted April 1, 2005

Victoriano is a wonderful place for children to spread their wings! Though I find it highly discplined, it is a very loving environment for our kids. My daughter is in Kindergarten and she loves it! Every day during spring break she kept asking when she could go back to see Mrs Diggs. I am so happy to see my child so excited about learning. I probably shouldn't say so many good things about our school because then everyone will be trying to get in, and it is getting pretty crowded in our area already! But I just couldn't help giving praise to our school when I found this website...they deserve it!

Posted February 24, 2005

Victoriano is a school where the children come first. Each child is encouraged to do their personal best without being labeled as the smart or dumb kids. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. Personally, I think my son has excelled so much from the beginning of the year and I am so proud of him. Mr. Holland, the principal is a great example of a leader and personally cannot wait until my younger son starts Kindergarten in the 2005/2006 school year. Patty and Rosa are great gals who both show compassion and love that exceeds their job discription when dealing with not only the children but the parents as well. Thank you Victoriano for bringing out the best in my child and giving him the encouragement and confidence he needs to go out into the world!

This school's

(2012)

9 / 10

10 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

9 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

10 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

120 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

All Students73%

• Caryn Lewis
Fax number
  • (951) 490-0395

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

25650 Los Cabos Drive