Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are the best at this school. They are great with the kids and have high expectations for all of the students.

Amount of homework: no rating

I'm not sure how much homework is high or low compared to other places. For us it is ok.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The students at this school are taught to have a strong character and treat each other with respect. It's different from most other schools. We can see a difference in our kids and how much they love to go to school.

This is the best school your kids could be at. Our family loves the staff! We have been at the school for 4 years and it keeps getting better each year. For an elementary school, the program is unbelievable. The kids are doing so much high level work. It is also the safest school in the area. We could not be happier.

I know for a fact this is the top elementary school here in Val Verde Unified School District. My children have been attending Victoriano for the past 3 years and their test scores have increased immensely. This school received the top test scores in the district and county. Not to mention this is the most innovative elementary school in the district. The principal and teachers strive to help make this school great for the kids and parents. Before Victoriano, my children's test scores were low and it seemed like no one cared. They didn't like going to school and it was a struggle to get them in the car each morning. Now they are excited to learn. I never thought I would see this day. This school cares about every child that enters the gate. These teachers are incredible and the school is the best that it gets. Five stars just isn't enough. I would rate them 100 stars if I could.

My son attended Kindergarten for the 2015 school year. From the very beginning there was lack of communication. The kinder orientation was cancelled but the school didn't reach out to the parents to let them know so many of us took time off work to go down to the school just to receive a packet and that's it. My son took a placement test and was put in the early bird class. Just three days after school started my husband went to pick my son up at his normal time and was told by the teacher he was no longer an early bird based off of his learning abilities and was now a later gator. We were happy that he was now in the more advanced class however there wasn't any communication until after the fact. During my son's second week of school he would come home and tell us he was being teased and called names. He would cry every morning about going to school, which he had never done previously when he was attending a private preschool. Although my husband and I were not happy, we thought we would it give it more time. Now it's his third week attending this school and when I go to pick him up the teacher hands my son a paper to give to me. As we're walking to the car my son tells me how he pushed down by another kid that was picking on him. I assumed that the paper his teacher sent home was about this incident until I open it and read that it's about my son talking in class. I later ask my son where his teacher was when this incident happened and he said I don't know. There is ABSOLUTELY no supervision at this school. The teachers hide behind the school gates so they don't have to interact with the parents. After just 3 weeks of attending this school I have withdrawn my son and placed him back at Valley Christian Academy, which I highly recommend.

Both of my children attend Victoriano. Their academic curriculum is superb. Teacher are up to date with technology and are guiding our student towards growth. I cannot wait until my son attends kinder in 2016! Very happy to be part of the STEAM family.

If you want a field trip...go to another school. I want my kids to get a great education. We can color and paint at home, but they are learning so much at this school. The curriculum for kindergarten is no longer about art, it's about giving the kids the knowledge they need for first grade. When talking with friends who had children at other schools they were blown a way at the things my kids were learning already. Further ahead of the other schools without question.

We moved out to the neighborhood specifically so my son can attend VIctoriano. He wasn't doing so great at his last school and had to repeat kindergarten. We found Victoriano after a friend informed us about its success. He started 1st grade and the improvement has just been incredible. He is now starting 3rd grade and is excited. These teachers are amazing the office staff is polite and involved. You want your kids to succeed, this is where you bring them to get an excellent education.

My daughter attended kindergarten here as we'll for the school year 2013-2014. Her academic progress was great! I commend the school when it comes to academic achievements, professionalism and friendliness of the staff. However, I'm giving it 3 stars because just like what the other parent said, there was no ceremony & field trips for the little ones. Additionally, I think there was not enough art works done by them. I was thinking then if it was really like this in kindergarten. I missed my daughter's preschool when she would take home tons of cute artworks & they also had 5 field trips during the year. In addition, there were about 5 other programs where parents can participate. It was really expensive because parent volunteers drove the kids to the field trip sites. They had a preschool ceremony which was nice. So I was thinking maybe it was like this in public since she went to catholic school in preschool. But since I saw the other parents review, I'm thinking maybe it's the school and not all kindergarten. I hope there will be more art projects, field trips and parent participation in the coming years. It would be great to complement the academic achievements of this school.

Last modified Victoriano Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.