Vista Verde Middle School

Public | 6-8

Living in Moreno Valley

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $142,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,490.

Posted March 10, 2014

Vista is great there are so many electives such as: STEM, spanish, computer science, study skills, office aid, teachers aid, AVID etc.

Posted March 7, 2014

This is my sons first year in middle school, and it's been great so far. The teachers are great and the principal and vice principal are good.

Posted September 26, 2013

I agree with the comment on the Parent Teacher Conference, total chaos. It was so disorganized, I had to stand in line for an hour and a half just to talk to my sons teacher for 5 mins. All of the questions I saved just for this night the teachers did not have an answer for, and I never received a call or e-mail to follow up. Also, my student seems to have a substitute teacher at least 2 times a week. After speaking with other parents who share the same experience it seems as though there really isn't a good solution as most of the schools in this area have the same problems.

Posted August 11, 2011

It seems like the person that posted the last comments has a lot of issues....with grammar! You can't say that others are not "bright" when you can't even write a simple review.

Posted July 17, 2011

Not a great school to go to >.< when I attended this school their were alot of issues and never change according to the comments.Kids and staff who work and go to school there,are rude self centered and disrespectful to each other and others.But if you attend this school and you think its great,you are not the brightest person in my opinion.

Posted April 17, 2011

I am exceedingly pleased with Vista Verde! The GATE teachers are doing an excellent job and I am very impressed with the instructional content that my son is receiving. I have researched the CA State Standards for 6th grade and have found that they are definitely being covered in his classes. I love that my son has challenging homework and class projects which enable him to advance his higher order thinking skills. I am also pleased with the school personnel and staff. I have taken the time to go to the school (not just make phone calls) and talk to the principal, vice principal, nurse, counselors, and teachers. They have ALL been responsive to my issues and the needs of my son. I am very confident that my son is receiving a first class education at Vista Verde! Note to parents: Go to the school! Get involved! Advocate for your child by being a physical presence at the school!

Posted February 28, 2011

this is a outstanding school i am gonna go there next year.i am gonna let evreyone no how great this school is.so please go to this school next year if u read this comment

Posted January 27, 2011

Overall I have mixed emotions about the school I have two children attending one in 6th grade gate classes and the other in 8th grade. My 6th grader is doing great, however the gate program is horrible. There have been NO extra activities provided to her this upsets me because I know the school gets money for the gate program. As a parent I went into the office finally and someone took my information and no one ever called me. My 8th grader is really struggling. She got detention for getting out of seat during class to sharpen her pencil when I asked the teacher about it she said she has a strict "out of your seat rule" and students need to sharpen pencils before or after class. Thats a little harsh but it was a good lesson that in life you have to follow all the rules, even senseless ones. My daughter has been bullied a number of times, school administration has not helped. I get teleparent calls that my child misbehaved when she wasn't at school. What ever happened to one on one conversations. Parent teacher conferences are held in an the multipurpose room with every other parent. It took me 2 hours in a line with all my 4 children after work to see 1 teacher for my 8th grader.

Posted November 3, 2010

This school is awesome and with substitute or not our school is one of the best. I'm doing good in school right know and if someone is in trouble you should talk to them personally. They won't ignore you.

Posted August 27, 2010

Well right now my opinion of this school is not looking very well, I had a chance to attend Vista's back to School Night just yesterday. My first issue is that the school and the classrooms are over crowded, and not enough teachers. My second issue is that the students have no electives...I understand this is an issue with the district as well...Now correct me if I'm wrong but don't our tax dollars pay for this? The amount in my taxes are still the same if not higher...so Whats going on with the Districts Budget? So we'll see as the school year goes on if this school lives up to Parents expectations. And I will do my best as a parent at home to prepare my child.

Posted August 11, 2010

This school has no busses, provides no books, no lockers, no electives, and leaves much to be desired. Classes are majorly overcrowded; my son is in a class of 47 students. He also had several substitutes within the first couple months of school. Not the worst school, but far from being the best. Needs improvement!

Posted July 9, 2010

this school is great if you're looking for friends, but educational wise, i wouldn't recommend that your child goes here. for instance, one boy at school got this girl pregnant, children brought alcohol and drugs. and there have been many fights at this particular school. i am really surprised that they still kept this school open due to the issues i have stated.

Posted April 30, 2010

This school is a pathetic excuse of public school systems.....My daughter has had more than 5 subsitute teachers w/in the first 5 months of school and gets bullied constantly by other students. I have contacted the school numerous times to notify them of the issues they never called me back. Finally when i became angry the principle took the call and calmly said there is nothing he can do about it. I am sick of my tax dollars going to waste.

Posted January 4, 2010

the teachers are awesome i love it here

Posted September 28, 2009

Great school! Excellent teacher staff, they are approachable and understanding. The administration office is focused on student advocacy and parent involvement. I really recommend this school.

Posted October 29, 2008

Horrible. ALthough my child is ranked in the top 5th percentile of the children in this district, the management has little to be desired of. They are not proactive when it comes to the childrens safety, they do nothing to control or get rid of the trouble makers. Its seems like its more important to keep the revenue rather than get rid of some bad apples. 95% of the teachers and staff are there for a check, so I apologize for that 5% that truly care such as Mr. Martin, Mr. Trout and so on.

Posted October 10, 2008

This is the best school I've ever gone to [I've gone to 12]

Posted September 26, 2008

I Think That This School Is A Great School ! Mainly Because There Is No Over Crowdedness In The School Which Means More Money To Help The School In Things Such As Field Trips And School Dances!

Posted April 9, 2008

I love vista it's a great school. I mean having my friends there and having some great teachers has made it fun. Like how Ms. Anderson does her triva thing, that's so much fun and it helps me when i was absent and i was unable to learn somethings, it helps me understand things better, a lot better. But the thing I dislike the most is the hexad exams. They put so much pressure on me and if I don't do good on them my grade goes down. And I don't think it is fare that I work my butt off thrying to keep my grade up and then a test can just bring it down. I mean isn't a test suppose to see how much you know. And to not fail you because you are not the smartest kid in school. At leat that is what I thought.

Posted March 18, 2008

i am also a student at vista, if any parents consider sending your child here. dont even think! its a great school.i love it and the teachers there like ms. thomas, are great!

This school's

(2012)

7 / 10

10 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school did not meet all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

7 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

10 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

285 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

284 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 86% in 2013.

59 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

287 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

229 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 50% in 2013.

99 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

317 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2010

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

209 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 85% in 2013.

38 students were tested at this school in 2013.

History - Social Science Grade 8 Cumulative

346 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

318 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students57%

Parent education - high school graduaten/a
Parent education - some college (includes AA degree)90%
Parent education - college graduate79%
Parent education - graduate school/post graduaten/a
Parent education - declined to staten/a

All Students61%

Parent education - some college (includes AA degree)61%
Parent education - college graduate71%
Parent education - graduate school/post graduate60%
Parent education - declined to state68%

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

All Students43%

Teacher experience

This school District averageState average
First-year teachers 7%N/AN/A
Source: CRDC, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

25777 Krameria Street