Valley Christian Academy

Private | PK-8 | 145 students

We are known for our loving, Christian environment.

Living in Moreno Valley

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $192,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,610.

Sweep tile

Posted April 7, 2014

VCA is an amazing school. When I drop my son off in the morning I feel like I am leaving him with family. Everyone at VCA truly cares about the students and do their best to make sure that each child is growing in faith, growing academically and growing as a person. My son has been attending the school since Pre-K. He and I both love it.

Posted January 1, 2014

I wanted my daughter who is now 4 to attend a structured preschool and once we took a tour of the school, my husband and I knew this was the place for her. She LOVES coming to school. She always talks to me about what she learned. She loves her teachers, Mrs. Cruz & Mrs. Siquieros, and they are very friendly teachers. I highly recommend this school to other parents!

Posted December 30, 2013

The curriculum is very challenging and the staff is very dedicated to the students and the Lord.

Posted December 20, 2013

This is a great school, the love of Christ is clearly demonstrated to the students and the academics are just a good. The administration is loving and the teachers are great. Highly recommend this school

Posted August 20, 2013

My daughter attended VCA from preschool through 8th grade. We will always have fond memories of her time at Valley Christian. She has a strong Christian worldview and very good academic skills thanks to the leadership and teaching staff. It was great to have her life influenced by caring people with strong Christian character, who cared about her spiritual and academic growth.

Posted June 5, 2013

My son has attended VCA for 2 years and I am very happy with the progress he has made academically, developmentally, emotionally and spiritually. I am so excited for my youngest son to start attending kindergarten at VCA during the 2013/2014 school year. The staff at VCA are WONDERFUL and truly care about seeing the children grow in every aspect of their lives. They are open to advice and develop relationships with the families in order to meet the family's needs to the best of their ability. This school is truly a blessing.

Posted October 2, 2012

What we love about VCA is the loving, safe family environment. No matter what we are going through, they are here for us with a hug and a prayer. The teachers are patient and loving towards each student - ready to help them no matter what area they need it. The administration deals with parents with a smile and humility - ready to be used by God to further His kingdom. They are an inspiration to me. We have had our children enrolled at Valley Christian Academy for over 10 years. Our two older children graduated and our youngest will graduate this year. Rosa Munoz, Psalms 91:1-2

Posted April 6, 2012

My daughter has been a student at Valley Christian Academy since Pre-K and is now a 4th grader. After moving to the Inland Empire from the L.A. area in 2006 I was looking for a school where I could leave my child and be comfortable with her safety and to know that she was receiving a Christian education. The staff at VCA are wonderful and the tuition is very reasonable. The class size are small therefore the staff are able to give the children one on one attention. I would highly recommend this school to anyone. Kelle Wallace

Posted July 12, 2011

We have 3 children attending valley Christian academy. Our eldest daughter has attended for over 8 years. This school does not just boast academic excellence in a Christian environment, but delivers. The teachers are great and come along side us parents providing safe, shared value based learning you want your children to receive. Palmers

Posted January 5, 2011

My daughter attended Valley Christian Academy for 7 years and graduated in 2008. During her time at the school, my wife and I were consistently impressed by the level of dedication and commitment shown by the entire VCA family. The teachers are a very loving group and their integrity in helping mold our child according to biblical principles was exactly what we were looking for. Our daughter has gone on to a public high school, but she has developed into a very well-rounded student/athlete, much of which I attribute to her time at VCA. We still visit the school and and will always consider ourselves a part of the VCA family. Kevin Hawkins

Posted April 23, 2010

Both of my sons graduated from Valley Christian Academy and have gone on to excel both academically and spiritually. Our family was blessed by the love shown by the teachers and staff at VCA. This is a GREAT school!

Posted April 21, 2010

I am responding to the review left by another parent that said that the school doesn't meet proper academic standards. My daughter has attended VCA from K-8th grade and graduated from VCA in 2008. She went on and is now attending Valley View High School. (The public high school in our district.) Her writing skills are tremendous and obtained a GPA of 4.3, ranking #1 in her freshman class of 762 students. This sophmore year, she also has a 4.3 GPA and is ranked #2 out of 835 students. This doesn't happen by chance. She was taught memorization skills, proper study habits, and was given all the tools she needed to be successful. I believe it is up to each individual child to use the tools they are given. I want to say thank you to VCA for doing such a teriffic job with our children.

Posted November 3, 2009

If you don't want your child to learn about christianity, and the bible don't send them to a Christian school. I have seen a lot of parents pull there kids out of this school for reasons that are beyond me. They have to wear uniforms, they are too strict,ETC.... My oldest has been going to VCA for 6 yrs and my youngest for 3 yrs, we have never had a problem, they are both doing wonderfully. At VCA the kids are a grade or more ahead of public school. They have wonderful teachers who love the children and are always there to help. This school is excellent. They are focused on Christ, and the academis are great!

Posted June 30, 2008

This school is unsatisfactory. The school is to well focused on the christian/bible section and don't have enough lessons on academics. My kids aren't meeting their proper standards. We went there for two years and switched schools because we moved. They are more behind than any student in their class.

Posted May 20, 2008

I am very happy with this school. My daughter loves her teacher, the staff and her classmates. I love that my daughter is learning christian disciplines. I am sad that she can't attend kindegarten here due to the age cut-off. Hopefully, she can comeback to the school in the future.

Ethnicity This school
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Special education coordinator
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff American sign language
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:30 p.m.
  • Patrick Peacock
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 4 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Brethren
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (951) 242-6185

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
  • Direct instruction
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

• Assistant principal(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Special education coordinator

• Drama
  • Poetry
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student council/government

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Volunteer in the classroom

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What does it cost?

Tuition range for the 2013-2014 school year
$3000 - $4000
Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Woodcrest Christian School