Posted July 09, 2014
Oakwood High has been such an awesome experience for our family! From day 1, the staff, teachers, and other students were very accepting of our son. The teachers are very well educated and want to see the students succeed. Contrary to some of the other reviews, we found that they encouraged and challenged our son, and prepared him for college. He participated in sports as well as drama, and excelled not because we were influential parents but because of his efforts, talents and good attitude. The community of students, their families, and staff are quite diverse, yet very accepting of one another. We attended most of the school events, and always felt at home. My wife and I are both educators. Having lived in the community for many years, we were familiar with the other private and public schools in the area. For our son, Oakwood was a great experience. I would encourage you to check it out for yourself at an Open House and Shadow Day.

Posted April 29, 2014
Oakwood has been an amazing place for my son for almost 13 years now. We came in Kindergarten, and he will graduate in May. The educators here are sensitive to each child's needs, while striving to help them learn to their best ability. Oakwood has challenged my son in healthy ways, ways that have resulted in incredible growth, while also being such a comfortable environment.. He's spoken often over the last few weeks about how much he's going to miss Oakwood! The faculty works hard to maintain consistent and supportive communication, and the parents are actively involved, making Oakwood a wonderful community. From the first moments on campus at an Open House so many years ago, we knew this was an incredible place. It has only become more so through our years here.

Posted October 28, 2013
Both of my children love it at Oakwood. We have been here for many years and I am amazed with how much they are learning. Both of my kids were shy when they started here, but have come out of their shells and and are thriving! The campus is beautiful and the teachers really care about the students. We are looking forward to many exciting years to come.

Posted September 13, 2013
My son attends Oakwood and I couldn't say enough about this school. He loves it and he has benefited from it. We feel that he is cared for and being taught by qualified, skilled and exceptional teachers.

Posted April 18, 2013
Oakwood has been such a GREAT place for my 2nd grade daughter, we started in the Early Enrichment program, Fall of 2008 and we are now in the Elementary program. Every year I am amazed on how and what she is leaning. What I love best is that the teachers and staff know my child and are there to listen to her needs. Because of the caring staff it makes her strive to do her BEST.

Oakwood School 2

Posted February 08, 2013
Oakwood is very disappointing. You don't realize it straight away when you get caught up with all the hype about how great they are. The teachers are of average ability. The curriculum is also just average. The children are not prepared enough for applications to other top Private High schools or top Colleges. Management's priority is not to enrich or excel your child to a challenging level. The amount you pay in school fees is not justifiable, especially in elementary. In Middle school and High school the child is just smothered with homework. The teachers are always vague and not motivated to inspire your child to reach their greatest. Forget about a good position on a sports team or the lead in a play, unless you are a teacher's child or an important parent! I feel the principals are not focused enough to deal with todays crucial issues. The parents are rude and unresponsive. Their children have entitlement issues. If you want your child to coast along, this is the school. If you want higher achievements and good leadership skills, there are other private schools in the area.

Posted January 08, 2013
I graduated Oakwood from the inaugural High School class of 2009. Yes it was a very new school and a different experience than what many of my friends had at other schools, but no experience was as beneficial as my experience at Oakwood. As a student, we were able to get an incredible education and great 1 on 1 teaching specific for our needs. I scored high on the ACT, SAT and on every AP exam that I took in high school. My fellow students did as well. Not only did I get a great education, but I was prepared for life. I learned how to study, learned how to lead, learned how to interact with others on a friendly and also professional basis. I could not be more pleased with my experience at Oakwood. And now that I attend a major university in the US, I can see that I am better prepared for the rigorous studies at the university level and also for my career afterwards.

Posted October 27, 2012
My daughters thrive at Oakwood School. I have been extremely happy with the multi-faceted, hands on learning which happens from preschool through first grade! My first grader experiences ten specialty classes a week and thoroughly enjoys the choir class offered conveniently on campus right after school. We also love the amazing high school performances and attend them as a family. Both of my children are huge fans of Ms. Poppy and Ms. Kathy who make each child in their class feel special. I was impressed as well by the fact that my child was already reading at the end of Kindergarten. When you sign up for Oakwood you not only sign up for an educational experience for your child, but also a community. I appreciate, as a parent, that the founder of the school is personally accessible and is approachable. Being an educator myself, I warmly endorse Oakwood School as a place where my four and six year old thrive today and I look forward to all they will experience tomorrow!

Posted October 23, 2012
Oakwood is an amazing school that makes learning a fun an exciting experience. The faculty and staff is top notch. The leadership at the school is outstanding. I love the fact that the school has a connection to and a concern for each and every student. The students respect each other and the staff and faculty. The campus is prestine and very modern with the best equipment and technology. I cannot say enough about this amazing school. Any child would be so lucky to attend Oakwood !!!!!

Oakwood School 1

Posted December 12, 2011
HIt and miss with elementary school teachers! First and third grade are awesome... Other than that it's good luck to you!

Oakwood School