Morgan Hill, CA

Oakwood School 1

Posted April 28, 2015
This school suffers from a bit of EDD - Educational Deficit Disorder. Our children were waaaay behind after moving to a new school. The close to $20K tuition per year is a bad value in the marketplace. The class sizes are really small, too small. It is still a "country" school, even though they have removed this from the name. Our oldest child had a horrible experience of being bullied and singled out. Our concerns were dismissed by the administration and never addressed. In our view, Oakwood lacks the sophistication we wanted for our children in the most important ways - fair treatment, up-to-par curriculum, pedigreed teachers and basic technology. We left for another private school where these expectations are exceeding our hopes and we are SO HAPPY (for half the price)!!! You don't always get what you pay for and we learned the hard way.
10 people found this helpful

Oakwood School 1

Posted April 25, 2015
My Boys have gone to this school for 6 years. It has been a good "day care service" WE have to supplement the expensive tuition with tutors and teachers for experienced teaching. The biggest Joke was when we hit Middle School and got the list of Electives. FINGER KNITTING, PILL BOX HAT MAKING - not programming, robotics, or even arts.......REALLY?
16 people found this helpful

Posted April 16, 2015
Oakwood has had a small graduating class until the last year. They regularly have students accepted to Stanford as well as other highly competitive colleges. This gives the school great credibility; their numbers have quickly grown to nearly fifty per class. They've got it all--academics, athletics, arts, and an extremely caring teachers and faculty.
2 people found this helpful

Oakwood School 3

Posted January 12, 2015
My daughter used to go to Oakwood. We had no concerns at the time. But after she moved up North for high school, we started to realize how much behind she was academically (She was an A student at Oakwood). I felt embarrassed and never shared this experience with people before. But now I'm over with it, and wish this review to help parents like me. Yes, Oakwood has great extracurricular activities. But too much! Plus, all those extracurriculars happen during regular school hour(nothing during afterschool). That left not much time for academics! Somedays, the kids will spend so much class time practicing Drama (they spent a lot of time for Drama, Art class, and PE) then they only spent 5 minutes in math. That is not right! The problem is, the school does not want to address parent concerns. If your child have a issue about the school( not happy etc.) they will response very fast, but if parents want to express some concerns, you can hardly find anyone at school to complain to. The owner is never there (maybe intentional), the principal tries to run around it. To me, I think it's easier to do extracurricular than academics. And easier to please kids than parents.
21 people found this helpful

Posted December 23, 2014
My child came here last year and loves it! My child has a 504 and the teachers are really understandable. The arts departments is amazing with so many to choose from my child is doing better compared to public schools. I think Oakwood is the best place to go to fit your child.

Posted July 09, 2014
Oakwood High has been such an awesome experience for our family! From day 1, the staff, teachers, and other students were very accepting of our son. The teachers are very well educated and want to see the students succeed. Contrary to some of the other reviews, we found that they encouraged and challenged our son, and prepared him for college. He participated in sports as well as drama, and excelled not because we were influential parents but because of his efforts, talents and good attitude. The community of students, their families, and staff are quite diverse, yet very accepting of one another. We attended most of the school events, and always felt at home. My wife and I are both educators. Having lived in the community for many years, we were familiar with the other private and public schools in the area. For our son, Oakwood was a great experience. I would encourage you to check it out for yourself at an Open House and Shadow Day.

Posted April 29, 2014
Oakwood has been an amazing place for my son for almost 13 years now. We came in Kindergarten, and he will graduate in May. The educators here are sensitive to each child's needs, while striving to help them learn to their best ability. Oakwood has challenged my son in healthy ways, ways that have resulted in incredible growth, while also being such a comfortable environment.. He's spoken often over the last few weeks about how much he's going to miss Oakwood! The faculty works hard to maintain consistent and supportive communication, and the parents are actively involved, making Oakwood a wonderful community. From the first moments on campus at an Open House so many years ago, we knew this was an incredible place. It has only become more so through our years here.

Posted October 28, 2013
Both of my children love it at Oakwood. We have been here for many years and I am amazed with how much they are learning. Both of my kids were shy when they started here, but have come out of their shells and and are thriving! The campus is beautiful and the teachers really care about the students. We are looking forward to many exciting years to come.

Posted September 13, 2013
My son attends Oakwood and I couldn't say enough about this school. He loves it and he has benefited from it. We feel that he is cared for and being taught by qualified, skilled and exceptional teachers.

Posted April 18, 2013
Oakwood has been such a GREAT place for my 2nd grade daughter, we started in the Early Enrichment program, Fall of 2008 and we are now in the Elementary program. Every year I am amazed on how and what she is leaning. What I love best is that the teachers and staff know my child and are there to listen to her needs. Because of the caring staff it makes her strive to do her BEST.

Oakwood School