Morgan Hill, CA
Students enrolled: 1,471

Posted November 15, 2014
This school is terrible in my opinion!!!! My son has been attending Sobrato for 3 years now and I am not happy with everything that has been going on!!! First of all the staff is terrible Sobrato has a lot new teachers every single year because they get terrible unexperienced teachers and end up firing them at the end of the year! My student has had many of these teachers one in example was his Spanish 3 teacher his teacher never did anything in their 2 hr long block schedule they only went over Spanish 1 vocabulary!! The teacher had no control over the class plus she could not even speak proper English she would ask students on how to say words single day!! And that was only one teacher most of the Spanish teachers were fired that year!!! But think you get the point on how Sobrato's staff has no structure!! Plus the campus is only ten years old and it looks terrible it is just worn out so badly Live Oak's Campus looks way better and it is 104 years old!!! That's why I think Sobrato is a terrible school!!!!!!

Posted March 12, 2014
I attended Live Oak High School class of 2004. I wasn't popular but i wasn't really bullied. I've seen it done but at least when they where informed of the situation they attempted to handle it. Some family members that i have that attend Ann Sobrato have had now 2 cases of being harassed and bullied on campus. The most current one was out of control and frustrates us all that not one thing took place to make this child feel safe at school. I would give more information but who knows what they would do next to them. PURE AGGRAVATION towards this school.

Ann Sobrato High School 3

Posted August 08, 2013
If Sobrato had the same services and technology available to 504 students our local community colleges have, I believe more students would be accepted into the university system from Sobrato. Don't allow counseling to talk you into taking your student off a 504 or your student won't be eligible for the DSPS services the community colleges offer. Good effort was made on administration's and the Math departments behalf to assist poor math learners, Good ASB,Sports, FFA, and CAL SOAP programs. Overall most of the teachers were responsive. It appears the student body doesn't have much interest in keeping the grounds clean. The campus is worn and tired looking and it's a fairly new school.

Posted August 26, 2012
Nice facility. School without real leadership, overwhelmed teachers who don't work up to expectations (don't know if there are any expectations and how they are reinforced from the administration). It seems some teachers can do what they want. Principle is invisible. No improvements in the past 6 years. Don't let you fool by all these 5 stars reviews.

Posted April 11, 2011
I had both of my daughters atttend Sobrato and they both had a wonderful experience. My oldest being in the first class when the school opened. My youngest one just graduated last year. Ann Sobrato is a great school and both administration and staff should be commended to keeping the standards high. Both of our girls are well adjusted and in college now. Thank you Sobrato... We will miss you!!

Posted January 31, 2011
What a wonderful school. I was once a poor student. I decided to transfer from Live Oak High school due to constant upsets. Every day I passed students Blazing in the parking lot. Although the school has tightened regulations don't regret transferring to Sobrato. My first week at Sobrato I noticed many differences. I had never seen so many smiles from teachers. I also noticed they all seemed to be young. Although this seems funny, as a student i was more motivated to learn from a teacher that not to long ago was in the same position I was in; a high school student... More importantly i was proud to be a Sobrato Bulldog. Before i was simply a Live Oak Acorn seeking a better high school experience. If I was in the position of a parent that had to choose what high school my son/daughter were to attend, i would choose Ann Sobrato High School, with no doubt in my mind.

Posted January 01, 2011
I feel privileged to work at a school with such a dedicated staff, including an administration that acts on the belief that all students are capable of succeeding given appropriate support. My fellow educators (teachers, librarian, counselors, administrators and support staff) are strongly committed to students and willingly give of their time, energy and other resources to ensure as many students as possible are successful. Our previous principal saw the school through the planning and construction phases and worked hard to ensure the staff comprised highly qualified, deeply dedicated individuals who shared his commitment to students. Our current principal believes in improving student success by having staff examine test results and other school performance data to identify our areas of strength and weakness, and then develop methods of improving our educational program to remedy our areas of weakness. She holds both staff and students to high standards, and our improving Academic Performance Index indicates that her leadership is working. I consider this school to be a great place to teach.

Posted August 04, 2009

Posted August 12, 2008
The school is fantastic! The teachers work hard to help you, and you can tell that they really care about your education.

Posted May 21, 2008
Sobrato is fantastic! We have new supplies, new fresh teachers, tons of activities, and top of the line equipment for just about everything. I love Sobrato!

Ann Sobrato High School
401 Burnett Avenue, Morgan Hill, CA  95037
Last modified Ann Sobrato High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ann Sobrato High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top