Public charter
Morgan Hill, CA
After care: No

Silicon Valley Flex Academy 2

Posted January 13, 2015
Not for kids who are not independent learners and self starters. Too much teacher turn over this last year, including head of school. Just not enough school work accountability and consistency.
4 people found this helpful

Posted June 05, 2014
Our son is thriving with this hybrid learning model! He has attended for 2 years now and enjoys the stress-free environment very much. Being able to move at his own pace and re-test when needed relieves so much pressure and has resulted in excellent grades. Special education services are top-notch and freely given. Parents are very involved in the school organizing field trips and after school clubs and classes. Can't wait for our daughter to begin attending in 2014!

Posted May 11, 2014
Great school!! My son started in 6th grade when school opened. He will be starting High School in the fall at Flex. Great teachers and amazing Head of School. There are MANY activities that the students can participate in. The school is new so activities are being added all the time, activities that the students want, like cooking, crossfit or karate to name a few. Students can participate in Music with the San Jose Youth symphony. They offer foreign travel and will be adding Washington DC to next school year. 6th graders go to Science camp and O Neil Sea Odyssey and as with any new school I am sure they will be adding more next year. It s a great school for those students who want to learn!

Posted April 28, 2014
Good school, My son is going this school and we like it. Teacher and Environment are friendly and motivated.

Posted April 14, 2014
Excellent School! My oldest daughter chose to come to the Flex Academy when they first opened almost three years ago. She chose it because of the blending learning environment and K12 method of learning. My youngest daughter soon joined her. Both LOVE the school, are thriving in the environment, and greatly benefiting from the curriculum! They both love the one on one that they can get from their teachers and academic coaches, as well as the small group breakout sessions with their core teachers. It s rigorous, a lot more work than the previous school they were at, and they and my husband and I feel that they are ahead of the game! They enjoy the dances, the family events, and many other activities put on by the parent volunteers, staff and PTO. Being a young school we stress to the students and the families that we don t have A LOT of extra activities at the school. The staff as well as the PTO have been working hard every year to add more and more activities for the students and families to attend. More parent involvement will allow us to have more and more activities for the students and families!

Posted April 14, 2014
SV Flex is a great school. My daughter started here this year and is loving it. She enjoys her teachers, her adviser, and all the friends she's made. Since it's a small school, everyone knows each other. The curriculum is much more rigorous than even I thought it would be. It took a little time for my daughter to get the hang of managing what she gets done when. Since you are given the week's worth of work, it's nice for my child to jump around and tackle difficult subjects first than save the easy ones last which she can do even over the weekend to hand in Monday each week. I can stay on top of how she is doing online as well. The program at Flex is rigorous but with the help of parent volunteers and other students, they try to help each other out so that all kids can stay on top of their subjects. One final point, I think this school does prepare a student for college. In my experience in college, you get the class syllabus on the first day of class and it's up to you to manage what you get done when. It's very self-initiated which is how Flex is setup. Middle School allows for opportunities to improve grades below 80% but High School doesn't just like in college as it should be.

Posted April 10, 2014
A Great school and a happy student! This school was an answer to our prayers. While my child was overlooked and failing at a previous school Silicon Valley Flex Academy is giving my child all the tools needed to excel and is now happily thriving. The curriculum is excellent and is personalized for students to succeed. The environment is very positive and all the staff are warm, friendly and very encouraging. When my child graduates from Silicon Valley Flex Academy he will be more than ready for college and have the confidence to prosper in his future. This is because of what this school had provided and done for my child.

Posted April 10, 2014
We love this school! After our old private school closed we were thrilled to find Silicon Valley Flex Academy in Morgan Hill. With individualized attention as needed by the students, it's the next best thing to a small private school. The students work in a modern environment that truly prepares them well. Each class not only has teachers but also additional academic advisors to assist the students when they need additional help. Students are able to work at their own pace knowing their scheduled work for the entire week in advance. The active PTO presents many extracurricular activities, including dances, sports, teacher appreciation events, and family get togethers for everyone. Music lessons are available after school weekly as well. There is a reason Education Week (www.edweek.org) lists SV Flex as one of their "35 High Schools Worth Visiting".

Posted April 10, 2014
We've seen this school grow from a small startup, three years ago, to the great place it is today. Our son has been thriving here academically; he has found a great group of friends and gets along with students from all grades. The teachers are very involved, and the head of school is a no-nonsense, involved and passionate educator. The curriculum is rigorous, but allows the student to work at their own pace, which is great preparation for college. I like that I get a weekly update on his grades, and that the teachers are responding quickly to questions. We're really happy here!

Posted April 10, 2014
This is our first year here at Silicon Valley Flex Academy. My twin brother and I really like our teacher and advisory. They're both caring, helpful and kind. We enjoy many of the events at our school such as Science Camp, Monday Mile walks, dances, soccer and volleyball. We also enjoy after school programs from the San Jose Youth Symphony and Bretheren Crossfit. I think this school is awesome and you should come here!

Silicon Valley Flex Academy
610 Jarvis Drive, Morgan Hill, CA  95037
Last modified Silicon Valley Flex Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silicon Valley Flex Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top