Morgan Hill, CA

Posted May 13, 2015
Congratulation Britton students, staff, and community for achieving the Gold Ribbon Distinguished School Award. It is well deserved and Britton has been a great place to send our kids.

Posted April 24, 2015
My son has attended Britton for the last 2 years. He has had a great experience here, he has made lots of friends and achieved academically. Most of the staff are truly inspiring, and all are so available as a student and parent if you reach out to them. There is something for everyone here. Before and after school enrichment classes, after school homework help, sports and music. The Principal, Mr Webb cares about each student and what is in their best interests and from what I can see he is a great leader of his staff. Shout outs go to Mr Locsin for inspiring my sons love of music, Ms Winchell one of my sons favorite teachers ever, The Math department for being so organized and truly on top of their game, Mr Levis for making science interesting and relevant. Thank you.

Posted June 23, 2014
The teachers are inspiring to the students. They motivate all children not just those that learning comes easy. The students perform well because they have perfected an environment that self motivates. Every child counts equally. Instead of "not good enough" they convey "you can do this". The school is a little run down but its been there a while. I think they were just given funds to renovate. At graduation they took the time to acknowledge every child on some level of achievement. Each child got to walk up, shake hands with 6 important top level school officials, of which each one genuinely congratulated them for their achievement. They were not filed through like a mill. These people dont just talk. They walk the walk.

Lewis H. Britton Middle School 1

Posted May 01, 2014
I am unhappy with Britton Middle school, although my child is on the honor roll and excels in this school I find I have to babysit the parents more than my son to update his classwork on a timely manner and mark his assignments as completed. When you ask for direct from the Principal he states that the teachers are not required to update grades/ reports online this is a courtesy. Why have the website then? Its frustrating, trying to excel but I cannot babysit 5 teachers and my child. As both husband and I commute to work there is not bus system in Morgan Hill for the new Charter schools or I would definately switch him for the better communication and leadership.

Posted February 02, 2014
Britton has been so good for my children!! So glad I sent my children there and look forward to sending my youngest children there as well.

Posted February 02, 2014
As with all middle schools, there are issues with 13 and 14 year olds. However, this school is great. My son has thrived there. It has excellent leadership, good teachers, and many great clubs and athletics. Parents are involved and there are organized dances and tons of other activities. My son loves it. There scores are good and I agree with another reviewer that it should at least get an 8. Parents make sure you read recent reviews!!

Lewis H. Britton Middle School 1

Posted November 08, 2013
This school has a few good teachers. I highly recommend parents to be aware of what does and doesn't go on in the classrooms. I think the Principal needs to spend a lot more time observing his staff in action. Low expectations and behavior problems are everywhere at this school.

Posted June 23, 2013
Go Bobcats! My kids attended Britton from Fall 2009 to Spring 2013. They thrived here - sports, advanced academic classes, music program, clubs. Most of the teachers are very good, but Principal Webb is the best! He sets the tone for school spirit, cheering on honor students, sporting events, and activities throughout the year. There are great programs here for everyone from Special Ed, to ESL, to AP. Also, my kids always felt safe going here - the teachers & staff are very attentive & responsive. We'd rate Britton a 9 - Mr. Webb, the teachers & staff should feel proud of the school environment they've cultivated these last few years.

Posted May 08, 2013
It's a shame that great schools maintains such old reviews which don't reflect the current status of a school. Britton has been an outstanding experience for my three sons. For anyone who looks at data, Britton outperforms most area schools in math. Many students are challenged one or two years ahead of grade level. Britton still manages to offer a full menu of electives and activities. Their sports program is outstanding. The parents work together to make the school a community. I really can't say anything but good about Britton and anyone who thinks otherwise should get the facts. Thank you to the Britton staff for making middle school a great experience for my kids.

Posted May 06, 2011
britton middle school has great learning environment. the teachers are very helpful and resourceful, and throughout the year they succeed. students who attend this school will most definelty achieve what they set out to. it's great that this school has so many activities and clubs to help new students socialize and meet new people. i would most definelty recomend this school to others

Lewis H. Britton Middle School
80 West Central Avenue, Morgan Hill, CA  95037
Last modified Lewis H. Britton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewis H. Britton Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top