Morgan Hill, CA

Posted March 27, 2013
I have really enjoyed having my kids here. The various booster groups seem to be key to getting the extras at the school. We just got a great sign at the front of the school that took a few years to fundraiser for but glad it is in. My kids are involved in the Ag program and Athletics. Coming from SJ, I am glad my kids have lots to offer them. I will stay involved as there seems to be good things happening. Three more years to go!

Posted August 16, 2010
We have had 3 children at LO and it has been a great school for our kids. Parent participation has been good and they offer lots of programs for the kids. We help at the school so see first hand what is going on. Go Live Oak Acorns!

Posted April 08, 2010
Tremendous parent involvement at all levels. Relatively high number of extra curriculars considering there are only 1100 in the students body. Great selection of AP classes.

Posted March 01, 2009

Posted February 13, 2009
The assertion that parent participation is the 'key' to obtaining a satisfactory education at Live Oak is an interesting perspective. If by participation we mean outright homeschooling replacing rather than complementing that which is supplied at Live Oak, I'd agree. It was a surreal experience to be informed by one presumably well-meaning teacher at a back to school night early in the year that throughout the upcoming semester, time would be dedicated to learning vocabulary words necessary to 'ensure that your child need not take remedial classes when they attend college, which will save you money.' I don't know what to be disgusted by more, that rather than simply assigning more challenging material to read, teachers would resort to a learning device more appropriate for the fourth grade than a high school, or that I should feel relieved that my wallet is just a little safer.

Posted February 01, 2009

Live Oak High School 0

Posted April 21, 2008
I agree with the last review. Parent participation is key. Parents help and volunteer when they are in elementary school and disappear in the upper grades which their child has the most obstacles. PARENTS help, donate, and volunteer. Our kids are worth it.

Posted August 07, 2007
Like anything you get out of it what you put into it. Parent participation in any program your children are involved in is essential. Parents and students who do not put forth the effort should rethink blaming anyone other than themselves. My child has had a good education at Live Oak and when talking to other parents of other schools they all have their issues, but being an active parent makes the difference. Parents are there children's lifelong teachers.

Posted April 04, 2007
The school provides excellent opportunities for all levels of abilities. Students are challenged and rewarded for accomplishments. AP programs are especially well managed. Students needing additional assistance do not lose out at the school. Teachers take responsibility for the success of the students and contact parents with concerns. A super learning environment.

Posted March 28, 2007
Teachers here expect students to be disinterested in the subject material and education in general, and it shows, judging by the heaping of juvenile 'extra credit' assignments. Irredeemably awful and a complete waste.

Live Oak High School
1505 East Main Avenue, Morgan Hill, CA  95037
Last modified Live Oak High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Live Oak High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top