Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)

Posted April 10, 2016
Carpool is a mess. When teachers dont follow through they fall back on the statement "the union doesnt require that of me" for simple things like answering emails. The principal is rude. Interrupts and underminds her staff and parents. The staff is stretched way too thin and the schiol does not perform like they could. If you have interest in your childs education, I highly suggest checking out alternative schools, like a Charter school.

Posted September 11, 2015
Both of my children have attended Nordstrom since Kindergarten. We absolutely love this school. There is no "in group" as prior posts suggest. I say if you feel on the outside the get involved. I work so I do not have time to join H&SC or volunteer in the class, and yet my family feels every bit a part of this school. I help at other functions and this allows me to get to know the teachers and other parents. However, this is about our kids receiving an education and not a social club. The teachers are amazing. How do we know,,,? Our kids arrive at middle school prepared and they continue to be top performers. I liked our last Principal, and so far am very please with our new one. She had a wonderful positive energy about her. If we want to be surrounded by kids and families that care about their education then this is the school for you!

Posted August 18, 2015
Contrary to the last post I read here, I find that my family enjoys our time at Nordstrom. I find the teachers supportive and the families involved. I did not interact with the last principal, but I have met the new principal for the 2015/16 year and she is delightful. Very approachable and excited to be here. My kids look forward to going to school, are happy, enjoy the events, love their teachers, and I believe they are getting the tools they need to be successful in middle school. What more can I ask for? Based on our experiences, I think Nordstrom is worth checking out. And with the changes that they are making, I see it only getting better.

Posted May 31, 2015
This school is run by the president of the Home and School Club, not the phantom of arrogance appointed principal, who is NEVER to be seen. The "coffee cup Moms" all fret and fuss about the politics and one upsmanship that permeates this place. Our kids come last. The principal manages through intimidation of her teachers and parents. She is opinionated and vicious if you do not agree with her. A great school is NOT just about API scores. It's not about stacking the deck in the spelling bee by "dumping data" or trying to sculpt the demographics! Find a different school.

Posted May 19, 2015
The overall rating of this school is misleading. Most of the higher ratings are posted in 2011 and prior. More resent ratings add up to 2 out of 5 stars at best. As a parent of a kinder here at Nordstrom I can sincerely say that even 2 out of 5 stars is much too generous for this school. Unfortunately, the handful of kind and nurturing teachers can not carry the crushing inadequacy of the rest. I must, however, render a 5 star rating in the funds seeking category! They are not much interested in educating and nurturing children, but they have perfected the system of hand picking parents with big wallets, along with their already tech savvy children. That is certainly a much easier way for a preferred school to maintain their high scores. What a sham!

Posted November 23, 2014
Not about your kids here! This is political soup! The principal is a self righteous and aloof person with her eye on promotion to the district. the president of the Home and School Club runs this place! You are in or you're OUT at this place! AVOID!

Posted March 12, 2014
My daughter has been Nordstrom now for 2 years. We have really enjoyed both her teachers. They have pushed her in all the right ways to achieve her potential. I've never encountered a staff person that was not helpful with my needs. There is physical education, a multi-purpose room that is used as a cafeteria, a library, and a computer lab. There are also great after school activities and the CDC on site is great. Not every school is going to fit for every child or parent, but saying that the entire school and all the teachers and administration are weak is not a fair assessment.

Posted November 30, 2013
I have to agree with the parent who stated that Nordstrom is great for "flawless" children, but the "flawed" children need not apply. I have had the same experience in dealing with this school. My observation is that if they want the children to be perfect, the administration and staff should be perfect as well. Sadly, this is not the case. Though much of the staff and the principal are mediocre at best, some of these teachers seem to have elevated themselves in their minds, and behave as if they are professors, tenured and published, working at an Ivy League University. The current Principal behaves as if she is the Dean of said University. It is off-putting as a parent to deal with this kind of mindset. The Principal and her teachers need to get a grip and realize they are nothing more than what and who they are, employees of Morgan Hill School District working in a little elementary school in Cowtown Morgan Hill.

Nordstrom Elementary School 2

Posted November 16, 2013
As a parent with a special needs child, I've worked with both the Special Day Class teacher and the Resource teacher. The SDC class teacher is wonderful. The Resource teacher is difficult to work with and resorts to underhanded tactics to keep her position within the school. I would not recommend this school to a parent who has a resource student.

Posted August 21, 2013
Please Help. Need advice. My family and I are moving to Motgan Hill. Is it true that this school does not have a cafeteria, Phys Ed class and a not really there library? I am concerned I may need to look at private schools. Thank you, Potential parent.

Nordstrom Elementary School
1425 East Dunne Avenue, Morgan Hill, CA  95037-7029
Last modified Nordstrom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.