Morgan Hill, CA

Posted November 23, 2014
Not about your kids here! This is political soup! The principal is a self righteous and aloof person with her eye on promotion to the district. the president of the Home and School Club runs this place! You are in or you're OUT at this place! AVOID!

Posted March 12, 2014
My daughter has been Nordstrom now for 2 years. We have really enjoyed both her teachers. They have pushed her in all the right ways to achieve her potential. I've never encountered a staff person that was not helpful with my needs. There is physical education, a multi-purpose room that is used as a cafeteria, a library, and a computer lab. There are also great after school activities and the CDC on site is great. Not every school is going to fit for every child or parent, but saying that the entire school and all the teachers and administration are weak is not a fair assessment.

Posted November 30, 2013
I have to agree with the parent who stated that Nordstrom is great for "flawless" children, but the "flawed" children need not apply. I have had the same experience in dealing with this school. My observation is that if they want the children to be perfect, the administration and staff should be perfect as well. Sadly, this is not the case. Though much of the staff and the principal are mediocre at best, some of these teachers seem to have elevated themselves in their minds, and behave as if they are professors, tenured and published, working at an Ivy League University. The current Principal behaves as if she is the Dean of said University. It is off-putting as a parent to deal with this kind of mindset. The Principal and her teachers need to get a grip and realize they are nothing more than what and who they are, employees of Morgan Hill School District working in a little elementary school in Cowtown Morgan Hill.
2 people found this helpful

Nordstrom Elementary School 2

Posted November 16, 2013
As a parent with a special needs child, I've worked with both the Special Day Class teacher and the Resource teacher. The SDC class teacher is wonderful. The Resource teacher is difficult to work with and resorts to underhanded tactics to keep her position within the school. I would not recommend this school to a parent who has a resource student.

Posted August 21, 2013
Please Help. Need advice. My family and I are moving to Motgan Hill. Is it true that this school does not have a cafeteria, Phys Ed class and a not really there library? I am concerned I may need to look at private schools. Thank you, Potential parent.

Posted July 25, 2013
This school is not about the kids, it's about the socialite parents! The principal is out of touch and aloof! The teachers are all burned out! No PE, no cafeteria , a poor library and NO PLACE TO EVEN SIT AND EAT! Don't do it !

Posted April 04, 2013
I'm so sorry to read that one parent had such a bad experience with a certain teacher. After reading their 3 negative reviews, I can see that they are very upset. However, with my experience at Nordstrom school with all the teachers and parents that I've met so far, I must say that I am very impressed and pleased with what I see. The teachers are great and very caring and kind. They challenge each child to their need and ability. (If you don't think they are being challenged, then ask the teacher to do more) Communication is key and I have seen the teachers to be very receptive. I am also very pleased with the huge amount of parent involvement. Teachers are very appreciative and welcoming for parents volunteers. There is something for everyone...all you need to do is ask.

Posted September 13, 2012
I am the parent of a kinder student and am extremely impressed thus far with what is happening in my childs kinder classroom and with the school in general. I am impressed with the speed at which my child is learning and he lives going to school. His teacher is terrific-firm but caring. The teachers are dedicated to helping their students learn and succeed. Patent involvement is huge at this school which is amazing and rare. This is a fantastic public school!!

Nordstrom Elementary School 2

Posted June 04, 2012
This school is Okay at best as far as academics are concerned.The union protects bad teachers that have seniority. If your excuse for yelling at an 8 year old, making them cry and trying to break their spirit is that your "Italian" and "that's just how Italians talk," then you have no business teaching! And then to meet with the principal who apparently can do nothing about it!!! There are no consequences for the teachers who are vicious to students.I have had three children attend this school through the last ten years and we've had our ups and downs with the teachers. Some have been great, others should not be teaching! I think that if my 2cnd grader has more homework than my child in high school, theirs a problem! I understand their are quotas teachers need to meet but some of them should really reevaluate why they they became teachers in the first place! To make a positive impact in a students life or a negative one! There does seem to be a lot of bullying (from teachers, as well as students) and stuck up kids here, and the parents also have their cliques. But their have been some kind parents who seem genuine. Money talks around here so if you have it, your in!
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 28, 2012
All the teachers are afraid of the incompetent principle. Everyone covers for everyone. Horrible politics with mothers that have nothing to do or anywhere to go. Bad place!

Nordstrom Elementary School
1425 East Dunne Avenue, Morgan Hill, CA  95037
Last modified Nordstrom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nordstrom Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top