Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted December 04, 2015
At Crittenden Middle School students are taught, and encouraged to advocate for themself and others.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 04, 2015
If something happens within our community the school coordinates help in a timely manner to help

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 04, 2015
The communication is open, constant, and clear with students and families. Teacher and Staff are always available to help the student with academic and/or social issues.

Posted December 04, 2015
We love Crittenden! My daughter is a student at Crittenden and loves it. She has had a great experience learning and socializing. She feels comfortable reaching out to her teachers, teachers are welcoming and helpful. I know many of the students due my work volunteering in schools and Girl Scouts, they all seem happy and thriving as healthy happy pre-Teens.

Crittenden Middle School 2

Posted May 31, 2015
My sister went to this school and was bullyed pretty badly by students and staff. I was absolutely shocked at how unprofessional they were at handling this issue. It was a very hard time in all of our lives. I do have to say that if you are millitary or prior millitary make sure you know whats going on in your son/daughters life because my sister was tormented by the students because of that. They would call my sister and my family baby killers. Just all around bad experience. I really wish the staff would have stepped in and provided help instead of turning cheek. So sad.

Crittenden Middle School 4

Posted June 08, 2013
Loved this school! I graduated a year ago & it was very good. I had some bullying issues that were dealt with right away & most of my teachers were very good :) But some problems are that the secretaries are super grouchy and mean, as well as some of the teachers can be really rude at times ._.

Crittenden Middle School 4

Posted June 05, 2013
I loved this school a lot. The music program is taught by two great music teachers. The orchestra and band always gets high scores when the participate in music "field trips" such as going to Anaheim and San Jose. There weren't many bullying problems (at least in my grade). My only concern is that I took computers and the servers were painfully slow. Another is that some of the teachers didn't really know what they were teaching, and some completely relied on 21st century technology for projects. This would be a problem for the parents who don't have access to the internet and computers.

Posted January 25, 2013
My son is in his second year at Crittenden and we are continually impressed by the dedication and organization of the teachers, many of whom spend abundant out-of-school time developing their professional chops with additional collaboration and training. 7th-grade algebra, Beowulf, dissection labs, hands-on math projects...we feel confident he is building the strong foundation he'll need for advanced high-school work. Besides that, he enjoys band & jazz band, lunchtime intramural sports, after-school speech & debate and homework help...and we didn't need to leave our down-to-earth, diverse community to find these opportunities. Yes, budget cuts have hit the state and district hard, but I'm amazed what this staff accomplishes on a shoestring. The principal's open-door policy means that all parent concerns are heard and treated with respect. Our cadre of parent volunteers is small but growing, and you couldn't ask for a more balanced, friendlier group.

Posted January 19, 2012
Our daughter is in her second year at Crittenden and we continue to be amazed at the great teaching staff and administration there. I honestly do not understand where negative rumors about this school come from unless it's parents who have no first hand information and are just continuing to pass them around with no evidence. Her teachers have all been excellent--enthusiastic, innovative and understanding of adolescents. Our daughter has had plenty of opportunities to get involved in extracurricular activities, plays in the band--led by an outstanding conductor--and participates in Destination Imagination through the school's GATE program, also led by a fabulous teacher. It really is a shame that this school doesn't get the positive "press" it deserves. The ONLY negative is that parent involvement in PTA could be higher. I guess I should be happy that Crittenden is not overcrowded and we can keep this great school to ourselves!

Crittenden Middle School 3

Posted August 15, 2011
I personally think that, Crittenden was a decent school. I really enjoyed the three years I attended, though, it did lack in a few aspects: many teachers were unprepared and just taught as they go. Aside from those unprepared teachers, many were friendly and helpful. Bad influences were also taught from a number of students, and many lazy students weren't moved to try their hardest. Also, due to the budget cut, many activities, field trips, and extra-curriculars were cut, causing many students not be as involved in learning. Overall, the school was satisfactory. This school would be great if your child likes to be involved and active with the sports and activities the school provides.

1701 Rock Street, Mountain View, CA  94043
Last modified Crittenden Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crittenden Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top