Mountain View, CA

Posted June 08, 2013
Loved this school! I graduated a year ago & it was very good. I had some bullying issues that were dealt with right away & most of my teachers were very good :) But some problems are that the secretaries are super grouchy and mean, as well as some of the teachers can be really rude at times ._.

Posted June 05, 2013
I loved this school a lot. The music program is taught by two great music teachers. The orchestra and band always gets high scores when the participate in music "field trips" such as going to Anaheim and San Jose. There weren't many bullying problems (at least in my grade). My only concern is that I took computers and the servers were painfully slow. Another is that some of the teachers didn't really know what they were teaching, and some completely relied on 21st century technology for projects. This would be a problem for the parents who don't have access to the internet and computers.

Crittenden Middle School 5

Posted January 25, 2013
My son is in his second year at Crittenden and we are continually impressed by the dedication and organization of the teachers, many of whom spend abundant out-of-school time developing their professional chops with additional collaboration and training. 7th-grade algebra, Beowulf, dissection labs, hands-on math projects...we feel confident he is building the strong foundation he'll need for advanced high-school work. Besides that, he enjoys band & jazz band, lunchtime intramural sports, after-school speech & debate and homework help...and we didn't need to leave our down-to-earth, diverse community to find these opportunities. Yes, budget cuts have hit the state and district hard, but I'm amazed what this staff accomplishes on a shoestring. The principal's open-door policy means that all parent concerns are heard and treated with respect. Our cadre of parent volunteers is small but growing, and you couldn't ask for a more balanced, friendlier group.

Crittenden Middle School 5

Posted January 19, 2012
Our daughter is in her second year at Crittenden and we continue to be amazed at the great teaching staff and administration there. I honestly do not understand where negative rumors about this school come from unless it's parents who have no first hand information and are just continuing to pass them around with no evidence. Her teachers have all been excellent--enthusiastic, innovative and understanding of adolescents. Our daughter has had plenty of opportunities to get involved in extracurricular activities, plays in the band--led by an outstanding conductor--and participates in Destination Imagination through the school's GATE program, also led by a fabulous teacher. It really is a shame that this school doesn't get the positive "press" it deserves. The ONLY negative is that parent involvement in PTA could be higher. I guess I should be happy that Crittenden is not overcrowded and we can keep this great school to ourselves!

Crittenden Middle School 3

Posted August 15, 2011
I personally think that, Crittenden was a decent school. I really enjoyed the three years I attended, though, it did lack in a few aspects: many teachers were unprepared and just taught as they go. Aside from those unprepared teachers, many were friendly and helpful. Bad influences were also taught from a number of students, and many lazy students weren't moved to try their hardest. Also, due to the budget cut, many activities, field trips, and extra-curriculars were cut, causing many students not be as involved in learning. Overall, the school was satisfactory. This school would be great if your child likes to be involved and active with the sports and activities the school provides.

Crittenden Middle School 1

Posted August 15, 2011
The teacher worked using a textbook and not with their own knowledge. They had the most disgusting lunch ever and the lines toke forever. i toke 30 minutes for someone in the very back. They had a cheap after school program. Teachers sweared in this school which was a bad influence to the students. i regret going to this school.

Posted August 15, 2011
I liked this school because the teachers and staff were friendly and it was easy to learn there but, some of the work was not well taught

Crittenden Middle School 1

Posted May 02, 2011
Awful and so disappointing. Do your research, you will not be happy with this school. Lack of school activities, poor leadership, overcrowded classrooms, poor teaching skills. Overall, a failing school. Poor children that have no choice but to attend this school.

Crittenden Middle School 0

Posted May 23, 2009
I like Crittenden teachers. As a parent if we want to see better results on estate tests, or see the rating go from 6 to 10, work harder with your children, check homeworks, etc.

Crittenden Middle School 2

Posted November 16, 2008
In 6th grade when I attended Crittenden it was good enough, but as I wanted to more and more things, it became harder through the years. The sports were limited, and money is always an issue from new instruments to new gym equipment to our annual field trips being cut. The teachers were mostly hit or miss and recently I have had a lot of really unprepared teachers that don't teach very well.

Crittenden Middle School
1701 Rock Street, Mountain View, CA  94043
Last modified Crittenden Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crittenden Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top