Mt. Baldy, CA

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 05, 2015
The low student to teacher ratios really helps the teachers to act in a mentoring position for the kids, and gives them the extra time to be able to encourage them.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted June 05, 2015
99.99% of the kids in this school are great kids. The small community really helps the kids to all know each other and the teachers help them learn this skill

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 05, 2015
Most of the students are kind kids and look out for each other, and the teachers are great about fostering it in the kids that need help developing this skill

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted June 05, 2015
The teachers are fantastic. The rest of the staff caring and consistent. the only thing left wanting is the Principal on a power trip

Mt. Baldy Joint Elementary School 3

Posted June 05, 2015
I gave this school an average rating. It could and SHOULD have been a 5 start rating. Everything about this school is spot on. Small class sizes, excellent teachers and office staff. The principal is what brings this score down. He is STILL a bully to the utmost degree and protects other bullies and punishes the kids and parents who speak out against him. This school would be amazing if they would replace him. Transfer students, SpEd students, and strong WOMEN beware. He will not respect you at best, and at worst, he will do everything in his extreme power to remove you.

Mt. Baldy Joint Elementary School 5

Posted November 09, 2011
. Their budget is down $200K from full funding this year and next month, they might loose anther $40K.... Then what ? My business would fail with those numbers.... Fight On Baldy BigHorn

Mt. Baldy Joint Elementary School 5

Posted August 30, 2011
I would highly recommend Mt Baldy elementary to anyone. It is a hidden secret in the mountains. Truly like a private school without the costs. My son has flourished there for four years now and he loves the school. All the teachers are caring and wonderful.

Posted May 22, 2011
I thought we were the only family who was treated so badly at Mt Baldy, then a friend said to read the reviews... Transfer families- Watch out! You do not have any rights here. They legally can discriminate and cancel your transfer for ANY reason and they don't have to show proof of any problems with you child or even give you a reason. My son's transfer was canceled and they refused to give us a reason. Maybe it was because he missed too many days from being hospitalized, maybe because they suspected he had special needs (and he does!), maybe maybe maybe. It was cruel how Dr. Vaughn rejected my child and wouldn't even tell us why. THere was no concern for my child's needs. Dr. Vaughn is the principal AND superintendent. If you have any complaints there is nowhere to go and he will throw your child out if you oppose him in any way. Your child must be a perfect citizen and achieve high grades to continue being allowed to be a transfer student. The teachers are warm and loving but don't challenge high achievers or differentiate for low achievers. Be very careful if you're accepting a transfer.

Posted November 11, 2010
I am truly disappointed with the direction that Mt Baldy School has been going in the last couple of years. As a former student, I have always praised the school for its high quality education, caring and imaginative teachers, and nurturing learning environment. Unfortunately, I feel the school I loved no longer exists and has been replaced by one that promotes an environment of fear and uncertainty for anyone who questions the administration. Therefore, like the other posters before me, I would strongly caution anyone who is thinking of transfering their child to Mt Baldy. Because, although Mt Baldy might look like a "great school" on paper, the reality of it is very different.

Posted October 20, 2010
I read the above review and wanted to second it. Something very similar happened to our family. The principal/superintendent threatened to have our child's transfer revoked for something that was said at a School Board meeting. My child had nothing to do with what was happening, but it seemed the principal was willing to punish them to get back at us. I was stunned and greatly disappointed with the way this school official handled the situation. I definably agree with the assertion that he "uses his power in an unfair and possibly biased manner." I caution all prospective families to ask a lot of questions before getting that transfer, and to stay involved once you do to be sure the answers you were given were truthful and not just what was said because they knew it was what you wanted to hear.

1 Mount Baldy Road, Mt. Baldy, CA  91759
Last modified Mt. Baldy Joint Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt. Baldy Joint Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top