Posted August 18, 2014
Horrible parking, they need to open more ways to get out. Bad designed! I thought last year parking was bad, but this year parking is worse, please change design. Many parents are so disappointed and upsets!

Posted September 13, 2013
Facilities are new, teachers knowledgeable and caring. The Principle and her staff supports the students, teaches and parents.

Posted July 02, 2013
My child had attended first lisa J, and after problems went to Alta Murrieta elementary. The difference fort Know at Lisa J with a horrible parent student support system. On the other hand Alta Murrieta is an example Lisa J should learn to follow. They love their students and it shows. Parents are there every Friday for assemblies and the teachers are very welcoming toward parents. The front office, what a different in the staff. They are so super friendly so if you are having problems at Lisa J, It looks good I admit that is about all it had going for it.

Posted July 01, 2013
The parents on here saying there are safety issues and aren't able to "see the inside of a classroom but on open-house night" clearly don't visit the school at all. My two girls have been at Mails for 4 years. After being buzzed into the office, I have my ID checked, I am to sign it, put on a visitor tag and am able to walk into my childs classroom at any given time. In fact, they highly encourage parent involvement and have several safety measures in place at all times. Both the principal and vice principal are very personable and helpful. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They care about all the children and develop strong personal relationships with involved parents. Their arts program and school rating was a motivating factor in choosing my home. I do, however, see more of a focus on testing than actual learning. My girls looooove this school. They have very much liked most of their teachers. To the parent who rated this school low because of safety issues, your kid falling off a swing is NOT a safety issue. To the parent who said you wont see the inside of your kids classroom but on open house night, do you even go to the school?

Lisa J. Mails Elementary School 4

Posted September 05, 2012
I now have two children at this school. My oldest has been going here since Kinder and is now in second grade. My youngest is in Kinder (their new Kinder program is a work in progress). I love the school and its push to include the arts in all aspects of the curriculum. I haven't had an issue that was outside the norm of public school politics. LJM has an open door policy that has been enforced for me at every opportunity. The Principal knows each child by name. She is out front every morning and most afternoons to greet both students and parents. The same goes for the Assistant Principal. No school is perfect, but my son (who has some special needs) has flourished at this school. The school is clean, the teachers, in general, seem to love the kids and their jobs. Those that don't, seem to find their way to other schools the following year. Coincidence? I think not. They encourage parent involvement and you can tell that family is first with regard to all of the school activities and programs that they offer. Love LJM!

Lisa J. Mails Elementary School 3

Posted July 06, 2012
Good school. Ok teachers for the most part so far. Our family has only been there one year so we have not experienced what others have. Newer campus, large play area for the kids.

Lisa J. Mails Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2012
Academic wise I have no complaints, but some safety issue is one thing that needs to be address. I don't know who's idea it is to do a buddy system during playtime. The kinder kids being paired with the 3rd grader. My child got hurt when pushed too hard on the swing and fell facedown, where is the adult person that should be looking for this kids safety. Why give the responsibility to the 8 year old to watch the younger kid? My husband spoke with the 3rd grader teacher and she at once inform the office about the parent talking to her, not about some concern for safety during playtime. And the office call us at home to tell us that we are supposed to talk to them not to the teacher about our concern. No chain of command there, right? So I told my husband that even the smallest concern lets bring it to the principal since that is what they want! The afterschool class is a joke, i sign my kid before for sign language, a high school kid was teaching it, signing the alphabet and telling the kids the importance of being cool. I got my child out of there and told her that being a good person to everyone is better than trying to be "cool" to fit in.

Posted April 19, 2012
Lisa J Mails promised to put my son as directed by his Psychologist on the 504 plan. They dragged it out all year so the school can make a perfect grade. This school is about grades over nurturing. They will call a social worker on you if you call them on it. The social worker told me and my husband to work together so the school can't gang up on the individual parent. My son has anorexia. The claim not to have the staffing to watch him during lunch. they have the time to hold him during lunch to make the grading standard. Sound like caring teachers? They did not put him on the 504 plan. They gutted his science project for a perfect grade. What happened to feeling of accomplishment?

Lisa J. Mails Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2012
The Kindergarten program at LJM is a big joke. Parent volunteers are hand selected and you can almost guarantee you will never see the inside of your child's classroom unless it is back to school night or open house. Their classrooms are very unfriendly and closed to families. A big sign that this is not an open door policy for volunteers. Not all the teachers are like this but sadly the ones who have family working in their classrooms are causing clicks and favoring some kids over others. There is one teacher in particular who likes to "diagnose " students with mental health issues and cause havoc on the lives of families year after year. Also there is one aid on the playground with 75 4 and 5 year old children. I don't know about you but that is a scary child to adult ratio.. there have been more accidents at this school than I can mention.. broken arms, traumas to the head and even 2 children being hit by cars just outside of the school because it lacks proper sidewalk for crossing and walking safely home. And just in-case your thinking But the Arts.. DON'T BE FOOLED there is nothing left in regard to the arts. I would write more but only allowed so many words per post.

Posted March 23, 2012
LJM is one of the best schools in our District! From the awesome administration, teachers, staff, volunteers & Watch Dogs, LJM has it all! I am thankful everyday that my kids have both been lucky enough to attend such a wonderful school! The decline in housing hindered this school from getting all the finishing touches it needs as far as roads/ sidewalks are concerned, but those who attend the coffee chat with the Pricipals know that this has been a battle they have not given up on! There may be some teachers that are more challenging than others, but that is common all throughout our district! With all the budget cuts California has had to endure, these teachers at LJM continue to take pay cuts in order to help keep class sizes and focus on the children! LJM is at the top of my list for elementary schools in our area!!

Lisa J. Mails Elementary School
35185 Briggs Road, Murrieta, CA  92563
Last modified Lisa J. Mails Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lisa J. Mails Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top