Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Looks like the latest review was in 2014! WOW!! LJM is a good school! Great teachers, campus and facility! One HUGE problem is the PTA click! The same people stay on the board and swap positions so they can all run things how they want it! Fayth Mutchnick-Jax would have never put up with that. New administration makes it a much different school now! Sooo Ready to move on!!

Horrible parking, they need to open more ways to get out. Bad designed! I thought last year parking was bad, but this year parking is worse, please change design. Many parents are so disappointed and upsets!

We have a kindergartner at LJM and our experience has been very positive. I am MORE than welcome in my child's classroom, I volunteer every month, I know each child in her class by name and feel very involved. My daughter's teacher recognized she was ahead of the class in terms of reading and took the time to send specialized assignments home for her to challenge her while the others caught up. I applaud the staff and faculty for their commitment to safety and providing a positive environment for my child to excel.

Facilities are new, teachers knowledgeable and caring. The Principle and her staff supports the students, teaches and parents.

My child had attended first lisa J, and after problems went to Alta Murrieta elementary. The difference fort Know at Lisa J with a horrible parent student support system. On the other hand Alta Murrieta is an example Lisa J should learn to follow. They love their students and it shows. Parents are there every Friday for assemblies and the teachers are very welcoming toward parents. The front office, what a different in the staff. They are so super friendly so if you are having problems at Lisa J, It looks good I admit that is about all it had going for it.

The parents on here saying there are safety issues and aren't able to "see the inside of a classroom but on open-house night" clearly don't visit the school at all. My two girls have been at Mails for 4 years. After being buzzed into the office, I have my ID checked, I am to sign it, put on a visitor tag and am able to walk into my childs classroom at any given time. In fact, they highly encourage parent involvement and have several safety measures in place at all times. Both the principal and vice principal are very personable and helpful. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They care about all the children and develop strong personal relationships with involved parents. Their arts program and school rating was a motivating factor in choosing my home. I do, however, see more of a focus on testing than actual learning. My girls looooove this school. They have very much liked most of their teachers. To the parent who rated this school low because of safety issues, your kid falling off a swing is NOT a safety issue. To the parent who said you wont see the inside of your kids classroom but on open house night, do you even go to the school?

I now have two children at this school. My oldest has been going here since Kinder and is now in second grade. My youngest is in Kinder (their new Kinder program is a work in progress). I love the school and its push to include the arts in all aspects of the curriculum. I haven't had an issue that was outside the norm of public school politics. LJM has an open door policy that has been enforced for me at every opportunity. The Principal knows each child by name. She is out front every morning and most afternoons to greet both students and parents. The same goes for the Assistant Principal. No school is perfect, but my son (who has some special needs) has flourished at this school. The school is clean, the teachers, in general, seem to love the kids and their jobs. Those that don't, seem to find their way to other schools the following year. Coincidence? I think not. They encourage parent involvement and you can tell that family is first with regard to all of the school activities and programs that they offer. Love LJM!

Good school. Ok teachers for the most part so far. Our family has only been there one year so we have not experienced what others have. Newer campus, large play area for the kids.

Academic wise I have no complaints, but some safety issue is one thing that needs to be address. I don't know who's idea it is to do a buddy system during playtime. The kinder kids being paired with the 3rd grader. My child got hurt when pushed too hard on the swing and fell facedown, where is the adult person that should be looking for this kids safety. Why give the responsibility to the 8 year old to watch the younger kid? My husband spoke with the 3rd grader teacher and she at once inform the office about the parent talking to her, not about some concern for safety during playtime. And the office call us at home to tell us that we are supposed to talk to them not to the teacher about our concern. No chain of command there, right? So I told my husband that even the smallest concern lets bring it to the principal since that is what they want! The afterschool class is a joke, i sign my kid before for sign language, a high school kid was teaching it, signing the alphabet and telling the kids the importance of being cool. I got my child out of there and told her that being a good person to everyone is better than trying to be "cool" to fit in.

Lisa J Mails promised to put my son as directed by his Psychologist on the 504 plan. They dragged it out all year so the school can make a perfect grade. This school is about grades over nurturing. They will call a social worker on you if you call them on it. The social worker told me and my husband to work together so the school can't gang up on the individual parent. My son has anorexia. The claim not to have the staffing to watch him during lunch. they have the time to hold him during lunch to make the grading standard. Sound like caring teachers? They did not put him on the 504 plan. They gutted his science project for a perfect grade. What happened to feeling of accomplishment?

Last modified Lisa J. Mails Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.