Bad
Good

I like this school. Yes the office staff is a little rude. But the teaching staff is very helpful and tries so hard to find ways to help each student out in a way that an individual child will understand what they are learning. The principal and vice principal are awesome and do a fantastic job. Every morning one of them is outside greeting parents and children as they walk up to the school. The school nurse is very knowledgeable and friendly. The librarian is great. She offered to buy a book for my daughter during an author's visit when they didn't have a credit card machine. This school is one of the best in the state of California.

Since I have started high school I have grown to really miss this school. Although I was only a student from 6th-8th grade I can say those were probably my most memorable years of school so far in my life. The teachers are great and the office staff aren't that bad. Only one bad thing that comes to mind is the drama at this school but I think it's easy to resolve if you put your mind to it.

My daughter has been here for two years and we really like it! The parent involvement is awesome! We are actually on an inter-district transfer just so that she can attend Akers. We don't live on base so I make the drive in to bring her to school and to pick her up everyday because the education is far superior to what she would receive in town. It also helps that the after school care program is right next door and everything is such a smooth transition for her. I love that the teachers and staff understand military families and that they encourage patriotism and let the children know it's okay to express feelings regarding deployments, etc. The school nurse at Akers is awesome! My daughter takes a medication during the school day and I have no doubt in my mind that everything is handled properly. Thanks for giving me small peace of mind when I have so many other things to worry about! I would definitely recommend Akers!

As a student on the Autism spectrum, I was shocked when I attended this school 2 years ago. The school district made multiple privacy violations and has no respect for their staff or students. Their attempts to improve their image are complete BS. It was so bad that my parents pulled me out of school and enrolled me in a private online school. If you are in this school, you need to know your rights! Otherwise, the school will completely walk over you like you mean nothing to them.

The teachers are top notch however the office staff are rude and unprofessional. One in particular is very unfriendly and talks down to students and adults. She never seems to have anything nice to say. I wonder why she has been at the school for so long??? I would rate the school a 5 stars if it wasn't for her. If you are looking for an awesome education and wonderful teachers then Akers is the BEST school in the county, but beware of the office staff!!

I am very proud to be a teacher at Akers Elementary. I am fortunate to be a part of such a dedicated and professional staff. At Akers, we are all about what is best for our students. Time and time again, I see teachers, administrator, janitorial staff and other staff members going out of their way to make things better for students. We also have one of the best Parent Clubs ever. Together with devoted parents and excellent staff ...... Akers Elementary Rocks!

My daughter attends the Pre-K program at Akers. She loves her teacher & the support staff in the classroom. The 3rd week of school she came home a recited the Pledge of Allegiance to me. She gets homework every week & is doing so much better listening & following directions. I am so very happy with all the activities & programs that are available to the students & the parents.

My child attended Akers after attending a school in which he had some problems. For him and for me it was a complete turn-around. He was no longer bullied, but protected. He was finally challenged academically and intellectually. Teachers are superb and professional and It is obvious they care about their students. No school is perfect, but if parents will work in a positive manner with teachers and staff, Akers is a great place to educate the whole child.

I am now on my third student at Akers School and this is by far the best school my children have ever attended. I started my first child in private school and it was not even close to the caliber of a school that Akers is. The entire staff is fabulous and it is obvious they care about children. Again this year the school is one of the top in the state in test scores. Great job

The worst school my child has ever attended. This school allowed my child to be a consistent victim of bullying and harassment despite being a child with special needs. The front office is unprofessional. I am shocked that secretaries and office staff continue to keep their jobs despite numerous complaints about them. The administration is unprofessional. Privacy is not respected. Administrators do not want to hear parent concerns about problems or suggestions for improvement. Beware.

Last modified Akers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.